Work permit returning to Thailand

Wars

Hi do we still need health insurance and a covid 19 test to return to Thailand? Even with a work permit. I’m reading on Korean air they only want a fit to fly to enter Thailand. Very confused I want to return but I can’t obtain a covid test but if they changed it just to a fit to fly that’s easy enough with my work permit.

All foreign nationals are not permitted to enter Thailand. (as of Mar 26)
   [Exemptions] special permit from Thailand authority holders, diplomats, work permit holders with a health certificate (FIT TO FLY)

- Nationals of Thailand can enter with a health certificate and a letter from the embassy/consular general/foreign affairs dept

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

even on iata it doesn’t require it 

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/2020_02_TSA_detail.html

15 hours ago, jayson1 said:

Fit to fly health certificate is all you will need.

Agreed, but what exactly are the requirements for a certificate.

The previous requirement to be fit to fly was a negative test with 72 hours.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

19 hours ago, jayson1 said:

Fit to fly health certificate is all you will need. Latest CAAT Notification cancelled all previous Notifications. see No. 6 https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/48998 (negative COVID test and health insurance was as a result of 19 March CAAT Notification).

This info was in the Notice To Airmen (NOTAM) that was sent to airlines this evening.

Wasn't the fit to fly certificate when leaving Thailand and while transit up to 24 hours? And for homecoming Thai nationals. 

I read that even with a work permit you need the health certificate. I might be wrong,though.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rod the Sod said:

You see, that is how a challenged mind thinks. You really feel that the person who can show a Bank Book with $1m in it needs to buy expensive insurance - he is self-insured FCS.

How many have $1m in a Thai bank? Please give me a number.

Someone sent me this today as an easier way to read the requirements. I called the embassy as well no longer needing the covid 19 test. Just a fit to fly from your physician is what they told me saying your healthy and not sick. 

60827B01-B6F4-410B-AB86-EDF8D8B8E51B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wars said:

Someone sent me this today as an easier way to read the requirements.

Good and clear info.

I paid 3,800 Baht just 2 months ago for my multiple re-entry permit to use with my non immi O marriage visa which now won't permit me to leave and return to Thailand. The permit was issued based on non immi O visa not a contingency of having a work permit.

What do you call issuing a permit that legally can't be used now again?

Oh that's right. A scam.

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

Good and clear info.

I paid 3,800 Baht just 2 months ago for my multiple re-entry permit to use with my non immi O marriage visa which now won't permit me to leave and return to Thailand. The permit was issued based on non immi O visa not a contingency of having a work permit.

Oh that's right. A scam.

well, you can re-enter, but not in the coming month.

6 hours ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

Good and clear info.

Oh that's right. A scam.

I would call it a global pandemic.  

9 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

I would call it a global pandemic.  

The policy means a bloke who lives in Thailand is not allowed back in to his wife and children because he doesn't have a workpermit.

It's an inept policy to differentiate people by the criteria of workpermit or no workpermit versus their existing visa. 
it's an oversight on the migration office and may get rectified but that's how it stands currently, only numskulls try to defend it.

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

well, you can re-enter, but not in the coming month.

There's a contingency that only workpermit holders can enter.

@Max69xl: 'Where's the scam?'  The scam is the purchase of a 3800 THB multiple entry permit good for Jan 2020 to Dec 2020 that suddenly can not be used as there's a new contingency on entry, namely workpermit.
Nope, the boarder isnt closed to people who have a workpermit and meet the entry criteria. If the borders were closed to everyone , cool, understood but it's not so.

If retirees and marriage visa holders meets the same criteria as workpermit holders, namely insurance + covid test+ healthcert they ought to be let in as they hold a valid visa and multiple entry permit - But now they're being asked to ADDITIONALLY present a work permit and there's absolutely no sensible reason for that other than an ad hoc irrational praxis to differentiate some long term residents vs. tourist by workpermit.
Workpermits have nothing to do with the global pandemic. 

It means a dude who lived in Thailand for 20 years and has a family and children in Thailand and popped over overseas for a quick visit to the relatives can't return to Thailand because no work permit, despite having a 1 year marriage visa and a multiple entry permit, insurance , health cert and covid19 clearance.  Meanwhile peeps who may have lived in Thailand for just a few months but have a workpermit can still return. 

Think about it.

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

why is he self insured? i never heard about this 

Basically Scott, people insure when the likely costs are going to be too high for them to pay from their savings without making a real impact. There are people who one way or another have accumulated significant savings. So the person in my example may be 75 with pre-existing conditions and insurance would be very expensive. He has US$1million in savings so why should he spend money to pay premiums for US$100k of cover which he may never use. In the same way the person in my example may be a rich young person who has accumulated millions - why would he ever want to buy insurance. These people are termed "self-insured". Basically rather than relying on the vast funds of an Insurance Company to pay for your treatment or losses, you have provided your own cover. Hope this helps and for anyone else wondering too. Cheers RtS

• Like 1