Is running outside okay?

Hal65

I went out for a run at 11pm. Never seen Pattaya so dead. Made me wonder if i violated some law by being out. But there were a few other people walking BR.

A truck with police in the back drove down slowly and I also passed a walking group of police as I headed towards Bali Hai, which was taped off closed.

One in the police group shined a light on me as I was staring at the tape wondering where to detour. That's why I'm asking about what exactly we can/can not do because I'm wondering if i pressed my luck tonight.

For your sanity and health, I would keep running until specifically stopped and fined.

Avoiding contact with other people, or coming within two meters of them, or touching surfaces and objects they have touched is the objectives. Staying inside makes that easier to achieve, but you can go outside too if you are smart about it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, donnacha said:

For your sanity and health, I would keep running until specifically stopped and fined.

Avoiding contact with other people, or coming within two meters of them, or touching surfaces and objects they have touched is the objectives. Staying inside makes that easier to achieve, but you can go outside too if you are smart about it.

Until we have hundreds of people going outside and are being “smart” about it. 

Stay inside and don’t give foreigners a bad reputation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, lust said:

Until we have hundreds of people going outside and are being “smart” about it. 

As I said, maintain at least a two meter separation and you'll be fine. If you cannot consistently maintain that separation, well, okay, the "smart" thing to do is to stop. In my experience here, walking the mountains every night, very few people are around. He can surely find routes in Pattaya that are mostly deserted.

9 minutes ago, lust said:

Stay inside and don’t give foreigners a bad reputation.

You think we have a good reputation?