I'm Puzzled Why My 90 Day Report was Returned to Me Unstamped

I've been sending in 90 Day Reports by Mail since 2011. Every time it has been returned to me in my self addressed stamped envelope duly stamped with a new 90 Day target date. 

My last 90 Days target date was March 9. I was under the impression that I could send in the report up to 10 days before the target date or up to 7 days after the target date if I do it by mail.

I sent my last 90 Day Report by Registered Post (EMS) on March 9. That's the date the T47 with all the necessary copies of my passport pages was postmarked. I just got back the self addressed envelope. But this time, the form was not stamped and a handwritten note on my T47 says: You must report in person.

I am completely puzzled what went wrong. 

This is now March 26 and we just started a 5 week lockdown. It's not a complete lockdown but I am 72 years old and the information I have heard is that no one over 70 should go leave their home. 

So I am thinking to wait until the emergency is over and then go to Chaeng Wattana to clear up this 90 Day Report. But I am still confused why my report was rejected.

Any thoughts or advice what to do next?

As always, thanks to the contributors and moderators of this Forum.

Robert

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NavaJauvana said:

My last 90 Days target date was March 9. I was under the impression that I could send in the report up to 10 days before the target date or up to 7 days after the target date if I do it by mail.

I sent my last 90 Day Report by Registered Post (EMS) on March 9

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that

• In person, you can apply up to 15 days before or seven days after the due date.
  • Online, you can apply in a window from 15 days until seven days before the due date.
  • By post, your 90-day report must be delivered to Immigration no later than the due date.

I believe you must do the report in person if you want to take advantage of the seven day grace period.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BritTim said:

By post, your 90-day report must be delivered to Immigration no later than the due date.

It is 15 to 7 days before the report date to mail them. At most offices they will accept them up to the report date.

Chaeng Wattana wants them mailed 15 days before.

This from notice given out a few years ago. See: 90day_notification.pdf 

image.png.4dd5643bc2546d7aa9d43dd52a8f008b.png

51 minutes ago, BritTim said:

By post, your 90-day report must be delivered to Immigration no later than the due date.

My understanding is that the "15-to-7-days-before" window for online reporting applies equally to the snail mail method. It looks like the OP was late with his report on this particular occasion.

The last time I used the snail mail method, my EMS report hung around at the post office serving my local immigration office (not CW) for 9 days after receipt from the local sorting office before finally being successfully delivered! Fortunately, the immigration office did not penalise me for late reporting on that occasion, like CW have the OP in this particular instance, since they were presumably well aware that their local post office was (and presumably still is) a masterpiece of bungling ineptitude and incompetence!

Edited by OJAS

7 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

BTW the 90 days are now done in person at another building in Meaung Thong Thani, I read since yesterday.

With this new pop-up location for 90-day reporting, should one assume the mailing address for filing the TM-47 remains unchanged?

Isn't the fine 500 baht per day up to 20000 for being late with 90 day report? Or is that for overstay?

I am supposed to do my 90 day report next week here in Hua Hin. Has anyone else here gone to the Hua Hin immigration recently?

Perhaps I should sit this one out and take the fine? What is everyone else doing?

I don't really feel like sending my passport in the mail. I live so close to the immigration that if I'm going to the post office I might as well just go to the immigration office instead.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stanley78 said:

I don't really feel like sending my passport in the mail. I live so close to the immigration that if I'm going to the post office I might as well just go to the immigration office instead.

You don't send your passport.

7 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

The op can check at https://track.thailandpost.co.th/  to see when his EMS letter was received at CW, to see if late arrival (most likely) was the reason. BTW the 90 days are now done in person at another building in Meaung Thong Thani, I read since yesterday. I wouldn't go until next 90 day is due.

Does anyone know the address of the new location in Bangkok for 90 Day Reports?

Is this a permanent location change for in-person 90 Day Reports?

The OP sent his 90 day report by mail LATE. he was supposed to send it 7 days before the due date and not on the due date. It appears by what the OP has posted he has gotten things confused between mail application and personal application. If the returned papers have told you to report to the office and you do not do that then they can issue you with whatever penalty applies, but you must work this out for yourself because those that say forget about it, don't go are not going to receive the penalty, you are.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 15 to 7 days before the report date to mail them. At most offices they will accept them up to the report date.

Chaeng Wattana wants them mailed 15 days before.

This from notice given out a few years ago. See: 90day_notification.pdf 

image.png.4dd5643bc2546d7aa9d43dd52a8f008b.png

Since I report my mail to CW below is a snapshot I had from their website which I follow as guidance...the snapshot is as of Apr 2016.  Maybe more current than the snapshot above...and below snapshot requires a 10 baht stamp since they updated the return mailing requirement from 5 to 10 baht years ago.

It was always my understanding when you mail in the report it must arrive "before you exceed the 90 days"---you did not have that -7 days leeway.  Instead of the window being +15, -7 days if appearing in person it was simply +15, 0 days if by mail.  

Like in ubonjoe's snapshot above the last line says the mail must arrive the immigration office 7 days before the 90 day period expired.   And in my below snapshot there is no mention of +15, -7 days....simply you need to mail 15 days before the expiration date and it can not be processed if it passed the 90 days limit.

image.png.0cd2910af436baaf083944c81d387d92.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NavaJauvana said:

Does anyone know the address of the new location in Bangkok for 90 Day Reports?

Is this a permanent location change for in-person 90 Day Reports?

There is no new location - it returned to area A at Chiang Watanna today.  

The requirement is to have in mail 15 days before report date.

So this thread that was just posted yesterday here on ThaiVisa is no longer true?

Visa extensions in Bangkok: New location added for tourist visa extensions/90 day address reports to ease pressure at Chaeng Wattana 

(for 90 DAY Reports and Tourist Visa Extensions)

By webfact, Yesterday at 08:29 AM in Thai visas, residency and work permits 

33 minutes ago, Pib said:

Since I report my mail to CW below is a snapshot I had from their website which I follow as guidance...the snapshot is as of Apr 2016.  Maybe more current than the snapshot above...and below snapshot requires a 10 baht stamp since they updated the return mailing requirement from 5 to 10 baht years ago.

It was always my understanding when you mail in the report it must arrive "before you exceed the 90 days"---you did not have that -7 days leeway.  Instead of the window being +15, -7 days if appearing in person it was simply +15, 0 days if by mail. 

That appears to be a screen shot of the old Bangkok immigration website that is now dead. The new one does not mention 7 days before.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day  I would use the new site for Bangkok but it is not working correctly.

See: https://division1.immigration.go.th/index

I used the old notice since it does say 7 days before and is not specific to Bangkok.

30 minutes ago, NavaJauvana said:

So this thread that was just posted yesterday here on ThaiVisa is no longer true?

Visa extensions in Bangkok: New location added for tourist visa extensions/90 day address reports to ease pressure at Chaeng Wattana 

(for 90 DAY Reports and Tourist Visa Extensions)

By webfact, Yesterday at 08:29 AM in Thai visas, residency and work permits 

Yes - 90 day reporting was moved back today due overcrowding at the new facility from report from respected Tweeter - but as Tweeter is not an official news source can not quote here.  The other desks B and K (TM-30 and tourist visa extensions remain moved there).

For anyone that's used Thailand post, if you use standard 5bht stamps it can take a week to arrive even locally. EMS can take up to 3 days.

Sending 15 days before for Immigration to receive 7 days before is common sense.

No penalty if it arrives 10 or 12 days before the due date, but could have consequences if it arrives to late, as evidenced by this topic.

9 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

EMS can take up to 3 days.

Where do you live? I have gotten them overnight from or to Bangkok before using EMS.

When I was doing my reports by mail I sent them by EMS and they got them the next day. I put 40 baht worth of stamps on the return envelope and got them back the next day after they were processed.

I had at least one that was received the day after sending it and they processed it that day, put in the mail and I received it the next day. So a total of 3 days to have the receipt in my hands.