new rule of needing 100k $ health insurance to enter thailand , how long will it last?

thai1221

5 minutes ago, Chazar said:

or  theyll leave it  on the rules but  ignore it  and only use it when they dont want anyone in particular to enter,  just  like the TM30 debacle

But the airlines won't ignore it, they'll check the papers on check in. No papers-no boarding.

• Like 1

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand now requires foreign air passengers travelling from 15 countries to show Covid-19-free health certificates and Covid-19 insurance before boarding their flights to Thailand.

This clarifies earlier reports that all passengers boarding at all points would have to present the documents. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

ACCORDING TO A RECENT UPDATE, those two covit papers are only for visitors from

16 danger zones

40 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand now requires foreign air passengers travelling from 15 countries to show Covid-19-free health certificates and Covid-19 insurance before boarding their flights to Thailand.

This clarifies earlier reports that all passengers boarding at all points would have to present the documents. 

Can you give me the update ? Especially were the zones are mentioned . Thx .

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

My insurance has no coverage limits per se.

There is no exclusion for Covid-19 or any other illness.

The problem is the Certification. Likely, impossible to procure.

Even getting the  Certificate of Foreign Insurance

for an O-A visa my Insurer promised to provide, but after 2 months of them returning the form, several times, in a manner that is not acceptable to the Royal Thai Consul I gave up. 

If yo have already insurance with Pacific Cross then you can get coverage even upgrade your plan. I got an email from them yesterday saying with this.

Requirement for  US$100,000 Health Insurance  

Refer to the new restriction rule announced by The Civil Aviation Authority of THAILAND. If you require to increase your health insurance coverage to a minimum of US$100,000, a Change of Benefit Form is required to be completed (copy attached). We will then cancel your existing plan with prorated premium changes being applied and then issue a new plan. For policyholders who presently hold Maxima, Maxima Plus, Ultima and Ultima Plus Plans we can issue the attached Certificate of Insurance upon request which shows the value of coverage. 

อ้างถึงประกาศจากสำนักงานการบินพลเรือนแห่งประเทศไทย หากท่านมีความจำเป็นต้องเปลี่ยนแผนกรมธรรม์ซึ่งวงเงินคุ้มครองประกันสุขภาพไม่น้อยกว่า 100,000 ดอลล่าร์สหรัฐ นั้นกรุณากรอกแบบฟอร์มการเปลี่ยนแปลงผลประโยชน์กรมธรรม์ (ตามเอกสารแนบ) โดยทางบริษัทฯ จะดำเนินการยกเลิกกรมธรรม์เดิมพร้อมคืนเบี้ยแบบ Prorated และเก็บค่าเบี้ยเพิ่มตามกรมธรรม์ฉบับใหม่ สำหรับผู้เอาประกันที่ถือแผนประกันแบบ Maxima, Maxima Plus, Ultima and Ultima Plus Plans เราจะออกเอกสารหนังสือรับรอง ความคุ้มครองให้เพื่อแสดงวงเงินความคุ้มครองประกันสุขภาพตามแผนประกันที่ท่านถืออยู่

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sezze said:

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand now requires foreign air passengers travelling from 15 countries to show Covid-19-free health

just for those who don't know:    you can highlight a sentence or phrase such as the above, then right click on your mouse.   choose the option :  search google.....etc   and click      simple

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, esclub said:

My Cigna policy covers me for pandemics and after calling them they have issued a certificate of coverage detailing my policy includes COVID-19. 

Even my Axa Assudis Expat insurance answered me on my question back by email that the Corona virus is covered , even repatriation ,in my case up to 1 October my end date , as they stop this insurance (not because Corona , it was decided before already ) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, esclub said:

My Cigna policy covers me for pandemics and after calling them they have issued a certificate of coverage detailing my policy includes COVID-19. 

I called Cigna to ask if I am covered, was told YES, and received an email from them confirming coverage. Well done Cigna.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

@SCOTT FITZGERSLD you are so so wrong on all counts. See the latest below. Taken from the UK Foreign Office For Thailand

Coronavirus

Cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) have been confirmed in Thailand. The Thai authorities have introduced a number of measures to limit the spread of the virus.

Entry and borders

An Emergency Decree entered into force on 26 March 2020, initially for one month. As part of this, the Thai authorities announced on 25 March that all foreign nationals will be barred from entering Thailand except in certain circumstances (see below). If you do not meet these criteria you should not try to enter Thailand:

• Foreign diplomats and their families will be allowed to enter Thailand, but they will need a fit-to-fly health certificate (issued within 72 hours prior to travel) similar to Thai nationals’ and a certification letter issued by the Thai MFA. If suspected of carrying COVID-19, they may be denied entry into the country.
  • Foreign nationals with work permits in Thailand will be allowed to enter Thailand, but they will need a fit-to-fly health certificate (issued within 72 hours prior to travel). If suspected of carrying COVID-19, they may be denied entry into the country.
  • Persons who have been exempted by the PM
  • Pilots and flight attendants – with a fixed travel schedule
  • Shippers – Will have to leave immediately after they have carried out their shipment.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Even my Axa Assudis Expat insurance answered me on my question back by email that the Corona virus is covered , even repatriation ,in my case up to 1 October my end date , as they stop this insurance (not because Corona , it was decided before already ) 

David555, do you have an email adress to Axa, I've searched but only found phone numbers.

13 hours ago, AlexRich said:

No one can obtain health insurance that would cover them for Covid-19,

You're wrong about this mate. I spoke to my insurance agent yesterday and was advised that I am covered for covid-19.

Whether people can sign up for a new policy that covers covid-19 is something different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Check your PM  email send

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I arrived in Taiwan from BKK on 17th March and was refused boarding my booked return flight at Taipei International on the 24th March,only to be given notice of the new COVID19 medical&insurance requirements effective from 22nd March,at the China airlines/Bangkok airways ticket counter.T1 Departures

I half expected it but had no prior notification from anyone.

All my other documentation,advised to carry with me by Thailand Immigration on my departure,was in order.

Now stuck in a Taipei Hotel since then,i find the medical test required to board cannot be obtained in Taiwan (Government Health legislation for a foreigner) unless i have COVID19 Symptoms.

I am also told insurance cover is 100% no chance.

How mad is that.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

As well all know tourism is one of the most important sectors driving the Thai economy.
Thailand received approximately THB 2.01 trillion in revenue from the arrival of international tourists (2018).

As the threat of the virus dies out I can't find a sensible argument why Thailand somehow would want to keep these restrictions in place so they can ban foreigners from coming.

Quite the opposite, it would be under financial pressure to lift these measures to balance their budget as it's hurting the economy.

Hope soon 

• Like 2