Covid-19 centre receives directives from PM

webfact

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's not 100% clear from the photo, but isn't our illustrious leader wearing his mask upside down?

I'm no fan of P but i wore a mask given to me by Mrs P to go and buy cheese from Makro last night.

I had trouble seeing whist shopping so  i presume i was wearing back to front or upside down you would think they would have fitting instructions

21 minutes ago, poohy said:

I'm no fan of P but i wore a mask given to me by Mrs P to go and buy cheese from Makro last night.

I had trouble seeing whist shopping so  i presume i was wearing back to front or upside down you would think they would have fitting instructions

My understanding is:-

• If it has a coloured side, that goes away from your face.
  • If it has a bendy metal strip, that goes at the top and is formed around your nose.
  • Logos are the right way up.

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That's twice now it's been announced he didn't discuss a curfew.

Coming soon.

Will those manning the checkpoints be told that people directly in the sun will have a slightly higher body temperature than someone in an aircon vehicle?

When I'm out cycling, interacting with no one, will I now be deemed to be 'at risk' even though my 'social distancing' is better than most others out travelling?

If you are wearing Lycra you will be shot on sight.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

if your temp is taken on skin surface you will be taken away by men in white suits as you will be showing 40c + as I have pointed out on several threads you cannot take body temp on skin surface outdoors in the sun

That is why in those circumstances one takes a reading from the inside of the ear. 

18 minutes ago, anterian said:

That is why in those circumstances one takes a reading from the inside of the ear. 

so you tell the cops that as they are marching you off to a big white van where you may actually be in contact with someone that is actually infected 

good luck with that 

On 3/27/2020 at 4:13 AM, smedly said:

if your temp is taken on skin surface you will be taken away by men in white suits as you will be showing 40c + as I have pointed out on several threads you cannot take body temp on skin surface outdoors in the sun

There seems to be a bit of slanging match about this, which I have no intention of in getting involved in.

What I would like to understand is about checking your temperature (during the Covid-19 pandemic) using one of the "skin thermometers" for want of a better description. These seem to being used by everyone and their dog, in fact anyone with the smallest amount of authority at the moment in Thailand.

Now I'm not au fait with a lot of this, hence posting the sources. Referring to wiki to start with:

"Normal human body temperature (normothermia, euthermia) is the typical temperature range found in humans. The normal human body temperature range is typically stated as 36.5–37.5 °C (97.7–99.5 °F).[8]

Human body temperature varies. It depends on sex, age, time of day, exertion level, health status (such as illness and menstruation), what part of the body the measurement is taken at, state of consciousness (waking, sleeping, sedated), and emotions."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_body_temperature

So having a 'range' of 36.5 - 37.5C - is this what all and sundry have been instructed to look for I wonder?

Moving on to another google result:

"Temperature of a Healthy Human (Skin Temperature)"

Apart from showing a lot of different temperature variations for different situations, it also says:

"If a person was to be in a warm room and her skin temperature was cooler than the air, her skin temperature would rise."

source: https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AbantyFarzana.shtml

My straight question is:

Those who might zap me, presumably looking for 36.5 -37.5C.

If I can continue cycling (talking to no one, interacting with no one), and being in the direct sun while "exercising" for want of a better word, am I likely to be reported as 'suspect', because from the above it does seem bit bit hit and miss regarding 36.5 - 37.5C?

Edited by bluesofa
misprit

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

There seems to be a bit of slanging match about this, which I have no intention of in getting involved in.

What I would like to understand is about checking your temperature (during the Covid-19 pandemic) using one of the "skin thermometers" for want of a better description. These seem to being used by everyone and their dog, in fact anyone with the smallest amount of authority at the moment in Thailand.

Now I'm not au fait with a lot of this, hence posting the sources. Referring to wiki to start with:

"Normal human body temperature (normothermia, euthermia) is the typical temperature range found in humans. The normal human body temperature range is typically stated as 36.5–37.5 °C (97.7–99.5 °F).[8]

Human body temperature varies. It depends on sex, age, time of day, exertion level, health status (such as illness and menstruation), what part of the body the measurement is taken at, state of consciousness (waking, sleeping, sedated), and emotions."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_body_temperature

So having a 'range' of 36.5 - 37.5C - is this what all and sundry have been instructed to look for I wonder?

Moving on to another google result:

"Temperature of a Healthy Human (Skin Temperature)"

Apart from showing a lot of different temperature variations for different situations, it also says:

"If a person was to be in a warm room and her skin temperature was cooler than the air, her skin temperature would rise."

source: https://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/AbantyFarzana.shtml

My straight question is:

Those who might zap me, presumably looking for 36.5 -37.5C.

If I can continue cycling (talking to no one, interacting with no one), and being in the direct sun while "exercising" for want of a better word, am I likely to be reported as 'suspect', because from the above it does seem bit bit hit and miss regarding 36.5 - 37.5C?

touch you skin after being in direct sunlight even with a slight sunburn - the skin will be very hot to touch

The are accurate places on the body to measure temperature - the skin is not one of them - simple 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

touch you skin after being in direct sunlight even with a slight sunburn - the skin will be very hot to touch

The are accurate places on the body to measure temperature - the skin is not one of them - simple 

Right thanks.

I appreciate you've said the same thing already in previous posts. I wanted to understand the logic behind the idea of skin thermometers, and why they appear flawed in this particular instance.

The question that it doesn't seems anyone can answer so far - or can they:

If they use a skin thermometer when I've been in the sun cycling - because it seems this thermometer is 'easier' or allegedly 'more efficient', could I be carted off for further testing - and would that be at my expense I wonder?

Or can someone say if those doing the 'roadside' non-medical 'point and zap' tests know what they're doing? Somehow I doubt that.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If they use a skin thermometer when I've been in the sun cycling - because it seems this thermometer is 'easier' or allegedly 'more efficient', could I be carted off for further testing - and would that be at my expense I wonder?

Or can someone say if those doing the 'roadside' non-medical 'point and zap' tests know what they're doing? Somehow I doubt that.

this is why I have made the several posts you are referring too

It doesn't really affect anyone in a vehicle with aircon as their surface skin temp will be cooler and also at night as there is no sun shining

It only affects people who are outdoors in direct sunlight or are in temperatures of over 28c, also if you have been in the sun previous days and got a sunburn you skin will remain hot for a day or so depending on severity

There are about 3 convenient accurate methods to take body temperature - in the mouth - armpit and rectal

I would assume if a skin scanner says you have a high temperature then another method would be deployed to confirm but we have no confirmation of this and I would doubt that there are any medical skilled people at these road stops to carry out such a confirmation - currently unknown  

I have an IR meter, although it's for high temps, I just tested it in sauna. I went in, it showed 35.5 (yes, it's not accurate but that's the base), after 10mins in 82 degrees and coming out my skin temp showed 38.8 with the same meter (and of course I was sweating like a sponge, as I should be ). 3mins under a fan and back to 36. Seems my internal cooling system is working just fine.

The places to take temp are rectum and inside ear. I ain't sticking that handheld meter there.