Thailand’s COVID-19 cases might reach 3,000 by end of April

webfact

12 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

I remember when a Thai Scientist came forward and pronounced that Thailand would suffer(marginally) less than some other nations with rising sea levels. He turned out to be correct, despite many comments of derision - including mine.

So let's give this fella a chance, shall we? As others have said, the temperature here could help prevent the spread, the amount of people wearing facemasks could help prevent the spread too, as in Italy I don't believe many wore masks in the early stages?...

Anyhow, don't we all WANT him to be right in his conservative estimate? Or even overestimating the numbers?

I would like to agree with you but the chances we are already close to that figure of 3000.

• Haha 1

If we are indeed at 3,000 by the end of April we are lucky. If people indeed engage all in social distancing we should be able to turn the tide. But before it gets better it will get worse first. Other countries see 30-35% increase per day, luckily we don’t see that here yet. 

Not sure about the rest of Thailand, but my wife tells me that the restaurants in our small town are open and packed... 

They don't seem to be paying any attention to the order to close or just do Take away !!

Either the numbers are much higher than reported/known or maybe the temp and humidity really is slowing this thing down ??

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

If the new infection rate averages 100 per day, and the public cooperates fully with the Government’s preventive directives, by staying at home and observing social distancing, he predicted that, by the end of April, total infections will be about 3,000.

A hundred a day, 30 days in April. He just worked it out on the calculator.

• Haha 1

What medical/mathmatical modelling is the department using, the modeling used in other jurisdictions is 1:2.5 infections so 100 one day=200-250 next=500 next=1,000, that is 4 days, so how how does he get it so low. How many tests being carried out?

Of course some will be infected, and never be dianosed due to geographical location and lack of medical facilities