Anutin in hot water over remarks on medical personnel

webfact

13 minutes ago, Krabi King said:

How can a construction mogul (the family owns Sino Thai) be fit for a position as health minister anyway? A government that consists of millionaires, with big egos, who think they know it all. He'd better stick to making cement... and sink away in it...

It is like a club. His papa, the founder of Sino Thai, was also a health minister.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

Around the 6 minute mark.....

Paraphrased

"If the numbers of infected people are incorrect, even though I'm the Health Minister, it's not my fault, it's the Doctors."

Smashing!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, faraday said:

Paraphrased

"If the numbers of infected people are incorrect, even though I'm the Health Minister, it's not my fault, it's the Doctors."

Smashing!

Translated to American English: "I take no repsonsibility."

• Like 1

Let's think about the medical staff who are the precipice of what will become something like a war zone in their wards with capacity exceeded, not enough ventilators and people gasping for air, dying everywhere.  There is going to be a hell of a lot of trauma, as is happening around the world.  

I truly hope there are contingencies in place with massive orders for ventilators and other medical equipment/supplies. Pre-emptive action.  Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

Edited by aussienam

49 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

Excellent interview, though it's unfortunate that the most damning question, preceding his reply at 18.20 was edited out between the preview and the show being aired. 

16 minutes ago, faraday said:

Paraphrased

Smashing!

Thaienquirer (seemingly the only publication here with brass balls) should go fish for a whistleblower at the NIH lab he controls as the minister. Should not be too hard.

• Thanks 1

A clear example of "somebody's brother-in-law" who was given a government job for which he was woefully unqualified, and expected to glide along with a cushy free ride for years. ... Then, along came something that required him to actually do something; and here we are!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

A clear example of "somebody's brother-in-law" who was given a government job for which he was woefully unqualified, and expected to glide along with a cushy free ride for years. ... Then, along came something that required him to actually do something; and here we are!

Corruption - what's not to like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

This is what happens when a country allows people to buy positions of power instead of earning them on merit.

Agree, this is the key to everything, people in position for which they have no capability whatever and they have no interest in the position and in fact they have no idea what/how to contribute something valuable to society.  And unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to change soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

Sort of reminds of another place we all know

If you assess his face, every average policeman looks 10 times more intelligent. Why the hell did they appoint precisely THIS man (?) as health minister? There are a few morons in this government, but he is certainly the biggest. I think Thai people deserve more health care by competent experts than this.

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

No face mask for him ?

and, how come the Hospitals are apparently short of protective gear ?
Surely, no-one would refuse to wear that.

How much of the blame falls on the employer ?

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

This idiot just can't help himself, he should be fired from any position of responsibility

But not a single word of condemnation from the PM or anyone else in government, which can only mean they endorse everything he says. Even though what he says is often deleted within hours when his medication kicks in and he realises that what he has said makes him look like a fool.

13 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

To think that until a few months ago, he was riding a gravy train of medical marijuana deals, vaping bans, dual pricing for foreigners at hospitals, and mandatory insurance schemes on long stay visas... 

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Despicable <deleted>.

Criticising qualified people, putting their own lives on the line, to save many others, all while sitting on his unqualified, fat ar&e.

..obviously was given the wrong portfolio.