Coronavirus could kill 81,000 in U.S., subside in June - Washington University analysis

webfact

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But Dr. Trump says you can go to packed church services in time for Easter!!!!!   :clap2:

If he can't be impeached out of office by the Republicans in the U.S. Senate, can they at least yank his medical license!!!!

You are a paid semi-professional. All that language training for this? What a shame. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A post using oversize font as well as being in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

38 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Most places, even pockets of Hubei, are open, except international airports. ????

Most schools open Monday 30th March.

Not my kids school. Not until April. Shanghai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

So a bit more than a flu. 

No biggie 

Don't forget that the number is low due to the extreme effort to stop the transmission of the virus.  I'm sure you can find projections that show the numbers if there were no effort made.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I know, I know, I suppose you think thats an original thought that hasn't been said before, and hasn't been heard. Alas, it's quite well worn by now. None the less, they do think of themselves as one, and as per the usual have a single totalitarian party. Jesus, to my knowledge predates marxism by a year or two, and never was one for an all powerful Government to decide the fate of men and deny the free will given to them by God, but nice try. 

I guess you could describe God as an all powerful government.

His basic message seems to be my way, or eternal damnation.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Facts,The leadership is doing fine, over 60% approve of the handling while 49 % approve of him,best ever. Your boogiman is causing many haters to scratch their heads with these public opinion polls .  And this is after the dems Russian witch hunt ,impeachment farse and all the other I gotcha moments 

You know, really I have concerns for cities that this seems to be getting out of control in, specific hopes it begins to noticably drop, and a vaccine is found. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

It's funny, the doublethink on display here. Before Trump changed his tune on the coronavirus, his ratings on it were deeply negative. So I guess by your standards he wasn't doing fine before? But you and others have defended his conduct throughout the entire coronavirus episode. See an inconsistency there?

Nah! He's my President man! Just like any other old American .we respect the office

• Haha 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The U.S. this past week had to beg testing kits from South Korea...  it's a SAD state of affairs with the total lack of preparedness....even though anyone with a brain could see it coming from China long before it actually hit the U.S.  But back then, the president was an avid CV denier

https://www.forbes.com/sites/donaldkirk/2020/03/27/korea-races-to-export-test-kits-after-trump-asks-moon-for-help-fighting-covid-19/#75e94c5a1244

Same with Angela Merkel, nobody did anything to prepare.

Difference was that Germany spent for years heavily on the public health system, whereas in the US historically this was not done under any administration. It's not just Trump's fault, all administrations are to blame for the sorry state of hospitals in the US.

Only the private medicine is where the US spent big.

• Like 2