How the virus spread - great interactive showing that Thailand was the number 1 destination for outbound Wuhan tourists before they locked it down

tomster

8 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I had a discussion just this morning with a well educated Thai friend. We both agreed that since the Chinese do those all inclusive type of tours, with only pre-planned visits to specific Chinese owned businesses, that there is limited interaction between the Chinese and the Thais. If you are part of their vertically organized tours, you may be at risk. But those that are not involved have very little, if any, interaction the the Chinese visiting here.

You should have been at Bali Hi Pier in Jan swarms of them all the way to walking street, less than 2mtrs apart

14 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

There may yet be a delayed spike from the Wuhan influx! And to think they all had special welcoming immigration lanes at the airport as they came in with the killer virus

That was nine weeks ago.

Is there any evidence that .....

Oh forget it, got on with your nonsense.....

7 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

There were 5 direct flights from Wuhan to Thailand everyday....perhaps 1500 people a day all through December and all through January when it was spreading like a wildfire through Wuhan but people didn't all have symptoms. 

It stretches the credulity somewhat to hear that we have only 1000 cases here in Thailand...were the tourists from Wuhan in December and January in isolation here in Thailand??????

By the 31st December there were 17 confirmed cases in Wuhan.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I had a lot of contact with Chinese tourists at Pattaya Chinese restaurants in those early stages and got an illness that MIGHT have been a mild case of Covid-19. Antibody blood tests are being developed and those will be able to identify people that had it before and now have immunity to the current version of the virus. The testing criteria have been very limited in scope in Thailand so anyone with basic common sense already understood that the ridiculously low case numbers in the early months had to be wrong (based on all the Chinese tourists!) and the current higher numbers are clearly an undercount as well. But by how much nobody knows. The isolated bus tour explanation is only partly true. Lots of Chinese tourists are indeed independent travelers. 

Yeah, we heard, you've told us this twenty nine times.

As well as baht buses are a threat of infection without there being one recorded case of an infection caught on a baht bus.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Yeah, we heard, you've told us this twenty nine times.

As well as baht buses are a threat of infection without there being one recorded case of an infection caught on a baht bus.

I started one thread about that yes. Not 29. But it fits perfectly on this thread and most people don't read every thread.

It would be impossible to trace an infection to a baht bus in a similar way that it would be impossible to trace an infection to crowding (airborne droplets with virus) and touching public metal poles (virus on hands then on face and virus is still infectious on metal for several days) on the NYC subway. But both are obvious risks based on known scientific evidence.

Cheers dude and bless your dear heart. 

Edited by Jingthing

I think many scientists around the world are trying to understand how/why Thailand has not hD it's own pandemic a long time ago. 

people said because if the heat bit then why did Singapore explode but not Thailand and also why now is Thailand finally becoming an epicenter even though it's getting hotter everyday. 

I guess we'll find out one day but would be good to know why, now. 

Could it be the normal heavy use of N95 masks for pollution that has stemmed the pandemic here? 

Interested in other people's ideas. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

There were 5 direct flights from Wuhan to Thailand everyday....perhaps 1500 people a day all through December and all through January when it was spreading like a wildfire through Wuhan but people didn't all have symptoms. 

It stretches the credulity somewhat to hear that we have only 1000 cases here in Thailand...were the tourists from Wuhan in December and January in isolation here in Thailand??????

Could it be the warm weather? We don't know yet if warm weather will stop the spread of thw virus. Maybe this is a good sign that it will. Singapore saw it's largest jump in cases today with 73 new cases, but still has a very low total with just 631 cases. Is it the warm weather in Singapore that is keeping their numbers low? It's cold <deleted> in the U.S. right now. This is our regular flu season right now and horrible timing for this to be going on. Our immune systems are always challenged this time of year.

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mick501 said:

NYT would be rejoicing in this catastrophe as it affords them an avenue to attack Trump.  The deaths of thousands are inconsequential to NYT "journalists."

Your cognitive dissonance is staggering. I wish I could speak doublespeak as fluently as you but then it would probably be triple speak. Hail Trump , oh and I'm so sorry. MAGA. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, pogal said:

Could it be the normal heavy use of N95 masks for pollution that has stemmed the pandemic here? 

A no, most people i see wear cheap cotton ones. People believe what they want to believe like those who believed heat will stop it coming

39 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

This particular episode stemmed from a wet market known for it's sale of 'exotic' creatures, bats/civets/pangolin etc in 'orrible conditions ... while Thailand sadly has creatures sold under similar conditions, i believe the vast majority are long-domesticated species with which humans have happily co-existed for generations ... chook, duck, pig, rabbit etc.

Almost all media are citing the Wuhan wet market as the originator of the corona-virus.

But did you know that that starting Nov 2019 Wuhan went full-blast with rolling-out 5G making it the most 5G dense city in the world?  There is quite some evidence (obviously viciously opposed by the telecom-industry) that the electro-magnetic radiation from 5G weakens your auto-immune system.  So even though it may not be the 'cause' of the corona-virus spread, it looks as if this is a major contributing factor.

Attached a link to an article based on solid scientific facts that addresses the above

> https://www.electricsense.com/5g-coronavirus/

The conclusions of the lengthy article are:

Given the facts that

1. we have real data that shows indeed that wireless radiation impacts the immune system;
2. we have numerous patients outside of the 5G zone showing no or only mild symptoms,
3. there have recently been 10,000 5G antennas installed and turned on in Wuhan, not to mention 130,000 5G antennas installed throughout greater China;
4. there have recently been 5G systems installed in numerous hospitals in China, not to mention the new COVID-19 hospitals;
5. we are seeing higher numbers of COVID-19 infections in places like Hangzhou and Wenzhou, not to mention South Korea, etc. where they have also recently installed numerous 5G antennas; and
6. there has been no testing done to find out the biological implications of exposing life forms to this radiation;

we can conclude that the real problem here may very well in fact be with the 5G electromagnetic radiation weakening people’s immune systems, not to mention possibly making the virus itself more virulent.

6 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Your cognitive dissonance is staggering. I wish I could speak doublespeak as fluently as you but then it would probably be triple speak. Hail Trump , oh and I'm so sorry. MAGA. 

Obvious you too are rejoicing in the virus as a feeble excuse to bash Trump.  Enjoy your hateful life!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:45 AM, tomster said:

Why would it be delayed?

It's super contagious and spreads rapidly through populations as can be seen in Europe - what would hold it back for months in Thailand which was exposed to the highest level of infected inbound tourists from Wuhan anywhere in the World?

yea, given that Tland hosted about 9 million chinese tourists in 2019 until china pulled the plug on outbounds in January. To think that a not insignificant percentage of that number wasn't afflicted with WuFlu would be silly. It may have been officially recognized and named in January but has probably been around for at least a few months before that.

There was a thread on TV where a few people were saying they got weird sort of sick, sort of flu like, middle to late last year but thought it was just another sort of yearly flu. Guess they didn't die.

There is quite a bit of online discussion on ussa centric forums where people are saying same - odd sort of flu last fall and early winter.

So a delay factor sounds illogical and I wouldn't buy that arguement.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:07 PM, Proboscis said:

I saw an interview with a White House Trade Official on CNN. All the guy could do is claim that the media was trying to frighten the citizens and he went on with a critique of how Obama dealt with the minor outbreak of a much less contagious disease back in 2009. He answered no question in any direct way and then complained when the interviewer interrupted his spiel that she was not allowing him to answer (a question she had not asked!).

Usually in such disaster scenarios, the opportunity to interact with the media should be grasped with both hands. People prefer the straight talk. If you downplay something like this, you make people frightened, much more frightened, when it becomes apparent that things are much worse than the government has been letting on.

Remember Churchill's speech to the British at the beginning of World War 2: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil tears and sweat." He told it to them straight and the people followed him into the jaws of hell.

I recall the POTUS saying more people die from car wrecks and we don't ban driving. Also said that the fatality rate is a little less than the average flu season.

As for CNN. Communist News Network. Clinton News Network. and I'm sure there are more catchy names that say the same. ANYONE who believes one sentence from that propaganda network... na, won't launch into that and get banned here again...

For those non-ussa people who don't quite follow the news of ussa as close as some of us yanks do, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, Reuters, AP, to name a few are full on propaganda machines and nothing less. It's been shown that they have CIA people on their staff advising/suggesting/writing? their news, of course that sort of story doesn't go far. Just saying, don't believe ANY of the <deleted> they push.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

possibly it's natural vitamin D from sunshine, reasonably clean personal hygiene habits, comparatively less smokers, masks to some degree, the isolated tour group thing, all those together, and maybe that virus was here for many months before it got named and people started building some natural immunity.

Whereas china is a bit nasty dirty, cold winter weather, lots of smokers, pollution, and with their population the crowding has to be more than Thailand.

And maybe communist china was pushing some inflated numbers as propaganda?

1 hour ago, glennb6 said:

I recall the POTUS saying more people die from car wrecks and we don't ban driving. Also said that the fatality rate is a little less than the average flu season.

As for CNN. Communist News Network. Clinton News Network. and I'm sure there are more catchy names that say the same. ANYONE who believes one sentence from that propaganda network... na, won't launch into that and get banned here again...

For those non-ussa people who don't quite follow the news of ussa as close as some of us yanks do, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, Reuters, AP, to name a few are full on propaganda machines and nothing less. It's been shown that they have CIA people on their staff advising/suggesting/writing? their news, of course that sort of story doesn't go far. Just saying, don't believe ANY of the <deleted> they push.

Pray tell where you get your information then?

• Like 1