BANGKOK
cbc

Thai Visa Pages Jumping

Yup, same here. It jumps a few lines up, and by the time you catch where you were, it jumps down again. I also noticed that the page doesn't stop loading (look at the top of the screen - you'd see a small blue dot moving left and right in the tab - that indicates a loading page). I have to manually stop the page from loading. Do you also experience this?

Edited by outsider

I get it and very nearly started a thread like this. I only get it on the home page. The cynic in me says it's to force us to click on or at least notice the million adverts... but it could just be a dodgy page configuration.

Please place these types of issue in the "Forum support" area.

MOVED

I think it's the adds coming and going. The webmaster should rewrite the code designating the actual space for the adds. Then, as soon as the page is visited , and loaded, the text and pics remain stable.

I noticed it has been like this for a few weeks while I was traveling and waited till I got back here to see if it went away. No luck. It's damned annoying.

• Like 1

I get this when I use Firefox, which is my preferred browser. I don't get it when I use Safari - but then there are ads all over the place, to the extent that it actually ruins the experience of tuning in to the forum. I'm all for ThaiVisa to make a good return from advertising but the whole experience now has been ruined by the ads to the extent that if someone opened up a new forum, I'd be happy to go there.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 2

I get the jumping too. Also very high CPU usage and the pages won't stop loading. Sometimes it's so bad I have to read it in a terminal browser.

It's the video ads that make mine leap about.....

22 minutes ago, mstevens said:

I get this when I use Firefox, which is my preferred browser. I don't get it when I use Safari - but then there are ads all over the place, to the extent that it actually ruins the experience of tuning in to the forum. I'm all for ThaiVisa to make a good return from advertising but the whole experience now has been ruined by the ads to the extent that if someone opened up a new forum, I'd be happy to go there.

If you are using Firefox I believe it blocks the ads from appearing. Hence ad loads/ad is deleted in constant succession which causes the jumping.

I may be wrong. I also use Firefox and thankfully have never seen an ad on Thaivisa. Maybe the jumping is my punishment...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epidemiologist Dave said:

Stop these annoying video ads!

I'll second that - so damned annoying having to keep closing them every time a page refreshes.

• Like 1