Thai Visa Pages Jumping

cbc

Yup, same here. It jumps a few lines up, and by the time you catch where you were, it jumps down again. I also noticed that the page doesn't stop loading (look at the top of the screen - you'd see a small blue dot moving left and right in the tab - that indicates a loading page). I have to manually stop the page from loading. Do you also experience this?

Edited by outsider

I get it and very nearly started a thread like this. I only get it on the home page. The cynic in me says it's to force us to click on or at least notice the million adverts... but it could just be a dodgy page configuration.

I think it's the adds coming and going. The webmaster should rewrite the code designating the actual space for the adds. Then, as soon as the page is visited , and loaded, the text and pics remain stable.

I get this when I use Firefox, which is my preferred browser. I don't get it when I use Safari - but then there are ads all over the place, to the extent that it actually ruins the experience of tuning in to the forum. I'm all for ThaiVisa to make a good return from advertising but the whole experience now has been ruined by the ads to the extent that if someone opened up a new forum, I'd be happy to go there.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, mstevens said:

I get this when I use Firefox, which is my preferred browser. I don't get it when I use Safari - but then there are ads all over the place, to the extent that it actually ruins the experience of tuning in to the forum. I'm all for ThaiVisa to make a good return from advertising but the whole experience now has been ruined by the ads to the extent that if someone opened up a new forum, I'd be happy to go there.

If you are using Firefox I believe it blocks the ads from appearing. Hence ad loads/ad is deleted in constant succession which causes the jumping.

I may be wrong. I also use Firefox and thankfully have never seen an ad on Thaivisa. Maybe the jumping is my punishment...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I'll second that - so damned annoying having to keep closing them every time a page refreshes.

True. I can only reach the site by phone niw. My ipad keeps freezing and the pop up add at the bottom right stops me from reading a post. That ad also stops me from clicking on new content tab.

So i gave up on the ipad. 

The page still jumps on the mobile. So very annoying to click on something only to have the page jump and taken to an ad.

i get the jumping using firefox my browser.  At home I do not get the video ads, but at my work Pc I do get the ads.   In both I get the jumping and it is becoming beyond annoying.  The bottom line is I tolerate it for now because I get a lot of use out of the site that benefits me, but I hate the setup and the system and the site manager's attitude.  Similar to Youtube that now is very annoying and disruptive to use because of the ads they even insert into videos that one posts., all that means is I would  never pay for any service I see on the site. They are not endearing themselves to me or others.  I don't buy anything anyway so the ads are just a major stupid feature.  I am probably the worlds' worst consumer so their ads are wasted on me. 

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

i get the jumping using firefox my browser.  At home I do not get the video ads, but at my work Pc I do get the ads.   In both I get the jumping and it is becoming beyond annoying. 

In Firefox, click on the icon with the 3 horizontal lines at the top far right to Open Menu.

Then select Add-Ons.  The Add-Ons Manager window opens > now type AdBlock in the search function.  And then from the hits select AdBlock Plus, which is the build-in add-on of the Firefox browser so no need for installing it, as it will be added automatically when selected.  The add-on has almost 10 million users, and works fine for me (no jumping anymore, no annoying ad-vids anymore).

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

i get the jumping using firefox my browser.  At home I do not get the video ads, but at my work Pc I do get the ads.   In both I get the jumping and it is becoming beyond annoying.  The bottom line is I tolerate it for now because I get a lot of use out of the site that benefits me, but I hate the setup and the system and the site manager's attitude.  Similar to Youtube that now is very annoying and disruptive to use because of the ads they even insert into videos that one posts., all that means is I would  never pay for any service I see on the site. They are not endearing themselves to me or others.  I don't buy anything anyway so the ads are just a major stupid feature.  I am probably the worlds' worst consumer so their ads are wasted on me. 

I agree that ads are annoying but they provide the revenue to support the service . Other sites such as     YouTube / Spotify  etc have the option to subscribe to their sites and then an uninterrupted play .

Regarding TVF as we know they provide a valuable service for expats and I often wonder how they are funded.  The video bottom right corner is annoying , using Google not Firefox   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In Firefox, click on the icon with the 3 horizontal lines at the top far right to Open Menu.

Then select Add-Ons.  The Add-Ons Manager window opens > now type AdBlock in the search function.  And then from the hits select AdBlock Plus, which is the build-in add-on of the Firefox browser so no need for installing it, as it will be added automatically when selected.  The add-on has almost 10 million users, and works fine for me (no jumping anymore, no annoying ad-vids anymore).

thanks. yes the page jumping seems to have stopped. the constant "data transferring seems to be still going on and now and then the page does jump, probably when enough stuff actually transfers or is loaded. Thanks

Edited by gk10002000

15 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

thanks. yes the page jumping seems to have stopped. the constant "data transferring seems to be still going on and now and then the page does jump, probably when enough stuff actually transfers or is loaded. Thanks

Yes, even with AdBlock when opening a TVF-thread it keeps on loading, but at least the page does not jump anymore, as that was making the site as good as unreadable.

I understand ThaiVisa is dependant on the revenue of those ads to keep on providing the service, and normally have no problem at all with an occasional ad but AdBlock tells me there are 27 ads now blocked on this page alone.

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, even with AdBlock when opening a TVF-thread it keeps on loading, but at least the page does not jump anymore, as that was making the site as good as unreadable.

I understand ThaiVisa is dependant on the revenue of those ads to keep on providing the service, and normally have no problem at all with an occasional ad but AdBlock tells me there are 27 ads now blocked on this page alone.

I've been using another, free add-on for years that filters all the annoying content. It rarely shows less than the "+99" blocked events that it is currently indicating on this page.

Unfortunately, it's not stopping the jumping either.

I don't think so. It was just happening this morning. Could it be by thread? Not sure but it did happen. The solution might have to come from Firefox's end rather than TV's. Just happened again right now on this thread! So it's definitely still here.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:42 PM, gk10002000 said:

pages jumping again.