Kanchanaburi: Illegal massage shop raided - Germans disappointed as three Thai women taken in to the police station

webfact

I feel for masseuses around the country going without income to feed themselves and their families but massage is an obvious way to spread the virus. The Germans coming from a first world country with a decent education system should have known better.  I wonder if the women were able to collect any money from the Germans before the cops hauled them off to infect everyone in the police station. I am sure the cops would have told the Germans to pay money but not necessary to the masseuses.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Yes, after we arrested them we brought them directly to the police station. Next question."

5pm2.jpg.96e7dfbb8c7f639d4d58b48ad3057ca2.jpg

That photograph puts out a really bad message about social distancing, something that the government should be paying attention to, especially among their own.

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

It's quite amazing that all these stories (coming thick and fast in more ways than one) feature "foreigners" or,more specifically, "farang"

Food for thought,surely?

It was a Swedish fellow yesterday and Germans today.

Wear a mask and keep your heads well below the level of the parapet.

There wouldn't be much revenue, sorry interest, created here if it were one of the hundreds 

of infractions committed daily by Thais or citizens of neighbouring countries.

It is Thai visa who are feeding your irrational thoughts.

39 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Who would even think a massage is a good idea at present, I will not even get a hair cut until this is over

before the lockdown..

1_Short-buzz-cut-1.jpg

after the lockdown..

MULLET_FLICK_grande.jpeg?v=1523937087

• Haha 1

Just now, Logosone said:

Massage stopped.

World safe again!!!

Well sort of anyways; Now I'd worry about catching something at the cop shop. Way too many people grouped together way too closely. If anyone of those 3 massageresses had Covid-19 there wouldn't be a cop within 100 meters of her.

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, it's certainly good to see that 20 policemen were on the case of the underground masseuses.

I don't know about you, but I can sleep better tonight.

You know the world is facing a pandemic, right? 

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Ever had a traditional massage? I don't think so.

There are many respectable ladies trying to make a difficult  living who hate the reputation, and sometimes expectations, that goes with this job.  Give them a break and cut the sniggers.

Why so many staff come along to tell them they should be closed?  No work to do? Why have photo opps with masks on? Why none of the government staff know about regulations about distancing?  Photographer getting them all in the frame more important than understanding of the 'crime' they have prevented!

Sad times.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

OK, I'll say it.

What on earth was this German couple thinking?

That they had spent thousands of  dollars  ( Deutsche Mark)  getting to Thailand to have a nice vacation and were not going to spend it quarentined in a hotel room watching TV 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, baansgr said:

This is exactly why they need a proper curfew and lockdown. Can't believe guys I know are still taking hookers back to their condos.....Russian roullete with 5 rounds in the chamber

Why not? Find the cheapest hooker they can stomach. Don't wear condoms. Virus is nothing. Feel the fear, do it anyway.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

After closely following news of this virus all around the world, I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no stopping it.

You may be able to delay getting it, for a few days, maybe even weeks, but I think, in the long run, we will all get it, sooner or later.

Countries can not stop it, even after closing borders and taking all sorts of drastic measures, so how can we, when we don't have the resources to simply sit at home indefinitely, we need to buy provisions, get water, food, etc.....

I think all this paranoia and drastic actions including masks, etc., is all going to prove to be futile in the end.

But the good news, is that the latest figures show only an average 3% fatality rate, and that is from visibly sick people.

There are many many others who have the virus, but have no symptoms, so the actual fatality rate may be less than 1% or less than one person in a hundred.

For you and I, probably not serious enough to warrant excessive worry, but when you look at the world population of 7.5 billion, 1% dead equates to 75 million deaths.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

he latest figures show only an average 3% fatality rate

i think the global panic is due to the carnage in italy and spain.

seems like they lost control there. 

nobody knows why.

every they 600-700 people die from the virus, and they are not sure why.

in germany, on the other hand, only 200 people died so far.

mysterious virus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i think the global panic is due to the carnage in italy and spain.

seems like they lost control there. 

nobody knows why.

every they 600-700 people die from the virus, and they are not sure why.

in germany, on the other hand, only 200 people died so far.

mysterious virus.

Maybe because Germany has a superb Health Care system and hospitals/ventilators with enough drugs/equipment to go around so they can treat paitients so they don't become critical and die. Also vid and news going around to not treat paitents with Ibuprofen ( Advil--Motrin ) as this worsens their condition. Use Paracetimol/Tylenol.