Hospital Attendance

I have a 4 monthly checkup in a few weeks and was wondering what circumstance were like due to the current health emergency. 

Plenty of hand sanitizer around I suppose but I'll take my own anyway.

Is the 2 meter separation being observed?

Masks mandatory?

So many things to consider.

Is your check up essential? Do you need to get more meds on your hospital visit? If so go, and proceed with caution. Wear an N95 mask and keep your distance from people to and from the hospital and definitely inside the hospital, except when you are undergoing your examination. Wash your hands or use the sanitiser frequently and don't touch your face. That's all you can do.

But if your check up is not essential, for goodness sake postpone it. If in doubt, call the hospital for confirmation. this is especially important if you are in the high risk category (over 70yo and with pre-existing conditions).

Good luck.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SplitInfinitive said:

Is the 2 meter separation being observed?

Might be difficult for staff to observe that whilst dealing with you. Wear a mask out of courtesy to staff.

However rest assured if you go to a private hospital..... separation from your cash will be guaranteed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You do not say where but at private hospital Vejthani there is temp and interview check on entry.  Hand sanitizer available on all counters and most wore masks (I did not and was provided one as had long wait for lab tests/doctor last week).  This week Tuesday was the same for an MRI and more using masks.  Not busy at all but no seating at any food shops but resturent was operating with wide space between tables which clearly much more cleaned and server place order on other side of table so not getting close.  Seating in clinics was not marked but patients were making space (again not busy). 

Personally I would not worry about postponing a routine checkup unless there are issues (medications or treatment).  

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses.

I doubt they would postpone it, it's about a serious condition that may reoccur. 

I attend a private hospital and the tests are fairly quick but I then have to wait for a couple of hours for the results and to see the doctor so we usually go for lunch.  

I suppose ringing the hospital for advice a few days before would be a logical step.... :smile:

• Like 1