Pattaya: Desperate times mean desperate measures - heavily armed "proactive" police protecting businesses

webfact

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe better to give poor people money so they don't starve. Girls have told me they can't get the 5k a month, i think they need to have an official job already

There is no way they can know that. Thais cannot try to claim until 8am in the morning 28th March, anything being said at the moment is pure rumour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoBrainer said:

In the Philippines Almost every security guard is packing at least a shotgun, and often much more.

When you got to convenience store there, you always see armed guard(s) in the front of the stores.

Seems to work well there, armed robberies are fairly rare.

For sure,i saw one at a burger outlet and a sign,'Thieves will get a lead burger'

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jimn said:

There is no way they can know that. Thais cannot try to claim until 8am in the morning 28th March, anything being said at the moment is pure rumour. 

I don't know the detail, i just passed the story onto some girls and lets say they weren't optimistic, one said she couldn't get it, hopefully they will be able to

10 minutes ago, jimn said:

Agree,it 's not just working girls what about street vendors and a myriad of other thai's who have no offcial job.

• Like 2