Pattaya: Desperate times mean desperate measures - heavily armed "proactive" police protecting businesses

webfact

Not enough police to ever protect you from social distancing violators and armed robbers and those incorrigible filthy westerners without a mask. Don't forget the  wayward and starving social hostesses . Stay inside at all costs, it's extremely dangerous out there, better bar the door but wait we need food, just call grab but they may be packing soon ...Be safe

49 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Sawn off shotguns are the norm at gold shops in KL>

The looting is of course going to get worse.

One lady in Saraburi already has had a lot of her stored tin food taken at knife point

yes and also the guys who restock the ATM's there.  they don't monkey around in KL

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

What is the definition of the hackneyed phrase 'heavily armed' Do they have howitzers on their backs?

Well now, for one certain general, it refers to the 20 or so fancy watches being worn on each wrist!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

No worries, the gold chain-wearing tourists have all left.

Four flights into U-Tapao and five out today and tomorrow. As the borders are closed I guess theses planes are coming in empty and taking the Russkies back home?

1 hour ago, jimn said:

There is no way they can know that. Thais cannot try to claim until 8am in the morning 28th March, anything being said at the moment is pure rumour. 

well they were lined up inside of BigC mall this morning says my GF

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't know the detail, i just passed the story onto some girls and lets say they weren't optimistic, one said she couldn't get it, hopefully they will be able to

I think everyone and his dog will be applying for it. The site will crash as normally happens.

5 minutes ago, phetchy said:

Four flights into U-Tapao and five out today and tomorrow. As the borders are closed I guess theses planes are coming in empty and taking the Russkies back home?

I hope so .....still lots of them at cosy beach.

3 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

well they were lined up inside of BigC mall this morning says my GF

Yes they were, thats to queue to get in that pink bank, to open a new bank account. Some Thai's mistakingly think that the money can only be paid into accounts at certain banks, whereas its all banks.

well seems the commandant has declared that all 7/11 type stores are to close at 10PM so that will shorten the hours the paramilitary can stand around.

Proactive Govt = create the problem, encourage specific reactions, then offer the solution/outcome they wanted in the first place. 

Reactive Govt = wait for a problem then overreact in all the wrong ways.

25 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Yes . Sure :crazy:

I've talked to many guys over the years that were here 40 or so years ago....they all said the same, crime was rife then as nobody had any money...it's gonna be the same now with 10 million or more out of work with no social back up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shiver said:

5 die in Q1 Thailand of the virus, and 67,000 die on the roads.  I can see the world is up in arms (not) about lowering deaths in LOS.

Stop .......you still are not taking this situation serious....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

So the moron sends them out with assault rifles, just how dumb is he – sorry that was rhetorical

just a Thai official doing his job in a very difficult global crisos. He doesnt deserve your insults. And you, imo, dont deserve a visa to stay here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, outsider said:

Initially I thought the automatic weapons were a little excessive. Then again, this is gun-totting Thailand - who knows what the perps may pack, right? So yes, just about right with the big guns. Stay safe all.

Not excessive. Police protecting banks, gold shops, better safe than sorry.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Probably a wise decision. With no work, no income, no food, the proverbial will be hitting the fan soon.

Though you have to wonder if the best decision to end hunger in Thailand is to shoot the ppr and needy

good grief. hunger makes an honest person looking for a job. Hunger makes a dishonest person a criminal. But even with a full belly, that person will do the crime. 

So YES no mercy shoot violent criminals.

2 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Where are they when u need one?? At the local massage shop? 

Need on? lol. police are not yr staff or to hold yr hand. Solve yr own problems. 

Thailand is one ofthe SAFEST country i ever been in, day and night can walk without any hassle, forget yr bag or something and most likely somebody will return it to you.

Police are excellent here in Thailand to keep the streets safe. Oh and if you dont see them, thats bc the police drives in regular pickup cars plainclothes patrolling the streets, ready to jump out and bag the mf.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Shiver said:

5 die in Q1 Thailand of the virus, and 67,000 die on the roads.  I can see the world is up in arms (not) about lowering deaths in LOS.

I would like to know how many Corona Virus deaths were officially put down to "pneumonia" especially in the early stages.