Pattaya: Desperate times mean desperate measures - heavily armed "proactive" police protecting businesses

webfact

7 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

No. Its the job of the police to keep the peace on the streets that includes protecting shops from robbers.

What an awkward question...

Like you said, "keep the peace on the streets."  That doesn't mean be private security for businesses.  If that was the case, every business would have their own tax payer funded armed police officer, wouldn't they?

What a ridiculous reply. 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe better to give poor people money so they don't starve. Girls have told me they can't get the 5k a month, i think they need to have an official job already

I think they have to be in the social security system = tax payers. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

wait until things get worse in the usa, the usual looting of shops and supermarkets will start soon. The poor starving ppl in the usa will loot and go home with a flatscreen tv! lol. 

thank god i am in a more civilized society...Thailand!

You mean it can get worse in the US? There are mass shootings every year, it's not news anymore.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Jobs for the lads...... The tea money's dried up so the coppers are hiring out....... I wonder how much they're charging the shops/businesses for this ?  Because this can't be on the Governments tab...... Just when April was on the books for the big anti gov riot this very handy disease turns up.......  Lucky or fabricated ?  

3 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Jobs for the lads...... The tea money's dried up so the coppers are hiring out....... I wonder how much they're charging the shops/businesses for this ?  Because this can't be on the Governments tab...... Just when April was on the books for the big anti gov riot this very handy disease turns up.......  Lucky or fabricated ?  

Why would they charge the store? They can get free coffee,maybe. 

5 hours ago, petedk said:

It's the same group of people at the two locations.

All done for show. 

I saw some guys dress up in Hazmat suits. Did a little spraying on the pavement while someone took videos and photos. Five minutes later took off the suits, threw them into the back of the car and drove away (maybe to the next video shoot).

This is truly disturbing... the corruption in this country never ceases to amaze me... i must be really stupid, should probably have my brain checked out lol lol 55555

• Like 1

There isn't enough police on payroll in Pattaya that can protect all the places the ones that are now are paying for the protection sounds familiar?  People actually think police here is the same in the West? My neighbor/renter just came home a contracted police been working hard came by to pay up on his back rent, that is how I found.

5 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

In the Philippines Almost every security guard is packing at least a shotgun, and often much more.

When you got to convenience store there, you always see armed guard(s) in the front of the stores.

Seems to work well there, armed robberies are fairly rare.

Exactly. I have not been in a few years but that's how it is. Nobody on an unlicensed motorbike with helmet on walks in. 

1 hour ago, smudger1951 said:

I am not aware any measures have been taken to support people who are suffering this lock down. Where are the food banks, soup kitchens, any welfare benefits at all ?

that is more of a concern at this point - to feed those who cannot afford to buy basic foods.

9 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Why not make it a permanent feature.

Sure to boost tourism. Can just imagine the new TAT ads.

"Come to Thailand and enjoy the safety of shopping while under the watchful eyes of armed Police"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chazar said:

note  lack of  1  metre  spacing

Actually it's supposed to be 2 metres.  It always was around the rest of the world and Thailand eventually caught on to that only this week!