Pattaya: Desperate times mean desperate measures - heavily armed "proactive" police protecting businesses

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Does that mean that they were trusting criminals before?

Only if they gave to the police fund,  😉

• Haha 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does that mean that they were trusting criminals before?

So the moron sends them out with assault rifles, just how dumb is he – sorry that was rhetorical

In the Philippines Almost every security guard is packing at least a shotgun, and often much more. When you got to convenience store there, you always see armed guard(s) in the front of the store

Posted Images

I am not aware any measures have been taken to support people who are suffering this lock down. Where are the food banks, soup kitchens, any welfare benefits at all ?

Just now, Max69xl said:

Why would they charge the store? They can get free coffee,maybe. 

It'll be fun around Half eleven when they've all been on the Lao cao........   Make the bouncer in Samui look like small potatoes........  

• Like 1

There isn't enough police on payroll in Pattaya that can protect all the places the ones that are now are paying for the protection sounds familiar?  People actually think police here is the same in the West? My neighbor/renter just came home a contracted police been working hard came by to pay up on his back rent, that is how I found.

15 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Where are the food banks, soup kitchens, any welfare benefits at all ?

You mean the farang.  They have all gone home.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

In the Philippines Almost every security guard is packing at least a shotgun, and often much more.

When you got to convenience store there, you always see armed guard(s) in the front of the stores.

Seems to work well there, armed robberies are fairly rare.

Exactly. I have not been in a few years but that's how it is. Nobody on an unlicensed motorbike with helmet on walks in. 

1 hour ago, smudger1951 said:

I am not aware any measures have been taken to support people who are suffering this lock down. Where are the food banks, soup kitchens, any welfare benefits at all ?

that is more of a concern at this point - to feed those who cannot afford to buy basic foods.

9 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Why not make it a permanent feature.

Sure to boost tourism. Can just imagine the new TAT ads.

"Come to Thailand and enjoy the safety of shopping while under the watchful eyes of armed Police"

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Chazar said:

note  lack of  1  metre  spacing

Actually it's supposed to be 2 metres.  It always was around the rest of the world and Thailand eventually caught on to that only this week!