BANGKOK
simple1

Australia - overseas returnees enforced isolation

Yes....it has come to this.

I have been utterly staggered by the behaviour of two of my friends who have left it to the very last moment to return even tho' I told them repeatedly that this would probably happen.

At least for the moment the old world has gone..perhaps we should not have criticised it so much?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Quarantine now applies if crossing State borders.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Quarantine now applies if crossing State borders.

... with exemptions and to be precise it's self-isolation ... 

Edited by pdtokyo

53 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Why 'utterly staggered' ? ... a bit of 'pearl-clutching' here surely? this measure is no big deal ...

They were the one's that were complaining...

Stick to clutching your own pearls🤣

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

Why 'utterly staggered' ? ... a bit of 'pearl-clutching' here surely? this measure is no big deal ...

Yesterday  - all incoming passengers (of all nationalities) were told to go home and self-isolate for 14 days ... some didn't ... there were penalties for non-compliance 

Today  - all incoming passengers (of all nationalities) are told to go into government-funded hotels and the like and self-isolate for 14 days ... most will ... there are penalties for non-compliance

imo your friends are cute, their self-isolation period is now Oz government subsidised and they are staying (in some cases) in prime Sydney locations and they are being closely observed by trained personnel who will know how to react if they show symptoms (shoot them!!! just kidding)

And media reports indicate that movement from arriving airport to assigned hotel will be strictly monitored by the ADF (Australian Defense Forces) and whilst they are in the assigned hotel. Good news.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

<snip>

I have been utterly staggered by the behaviour of two of my friends who have left it to the very last moment to return even tho' I told them repeatedly that this would probably happen.

<snip>

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

They were the one's that were complaining...

Stick to clutching your own pearls🤣

Sorry, please accept my apologies, i thought when you said "I have been ..."  ... that you were referring to yourself (being "utterly staggered").

Re-reading your post more closely, of course it is now obvious that "I" in fact refers to your friends, and not you.

I hardly know where to put myself [fans self with canasta scorecard]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pdtokyo said:

Sorry, please accept my apologies, i thought when you said "I have been ..."  ... that you were referring to yourself (being "utterly staggered").

Re-reading your post more closely, of course it is now obvious that "I" in fact refers to your friends, and not you.

I hardly know where to put myself [fans self with canasta scorecard]

I was just having a bit of a joke with you-I enjoy your posts..👍

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And media reports indicate that movement from arriving airport to assigned hotel will be strictly monitored by the ADF (Australian Defense Forces) and whilst they are in the assigned hotel. Good news.

Yup, his pals get pollie-grade security in crime-ridden Sydney too. But sadly the ADF aren't actually armed, so maybe they'll be utterly staggered all over again when they learn that. My oh my.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

where are all the Likes and the Thanks then ??? Don't think i'm not keeping track of that stuff. I've got spreadsheets.

Ha..ha..ha..I am like Yossarian as I am saving my missions up-"Thanks" will only come when Col. Cathcart stops raising the number of conspiracy theories-which he is very unlikely to do.

Edited by Odysseus123

5 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

where are all the Likes and the Thanks then ??? Don't think i'm not keeping track of that stuff. I've got spreadsheets.

And I'm monitoring your spreadsheets!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And I'm monitoring your spreadsheets!

"Who is monitoring the monitors?"

With special thanks to my old pal Juvenal.