International outgoing mail from Thailand

cm50300

My wife and I operate an online business from Chiang Mai. We normally ship three times per week. While making a shipment earlier today at our local post office, we were told that although they will accept our packages, they would not ship from Thailand until April 13th. The postal clerk also said that the United States (the number one destination for our goods) was no longer accepting international mail shipments. Has anyone else encountered this situation or heard anything about it?

• Like 1

I also ship overseas daily. So far my local post office has not refused packages to the USA ( 80 % of orders ) but is aware that some countries are not accepting international mail. They have a check list and whenever I ship to an unusual destination they check with their list. So far so good but then , orders are down anyway and I have added a caveat to my shipping times that there may be delays in deliveries on account of covis 19 disruptions.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Can't say about US, but I shipped a package the the UK 2 days ago. Accepted with no comments. I checked today and it has left Thailand.

Interesting. I shipped a letter to the Uk on 4th March airmail. It arrived yesterday. 23 days....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Interesting. I shipped a letter to the Uk on 4th March airmail. It arrived yesterday. 23 days....

That is longer than usual. Most post I send to the UK arrives between 1 - 2 weeks.

I am sure that we a very significantly reduced amount of air traffic slower delivery times must be expected.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Confirmed here and I have also just spoken to a friend who is a employee of Thailand Post who confirmed also 

post.jpg

I went to the Hang Dong post office this morning where I was trying to send a letter express mail to the US. I was shown an English version of this same chart and told that the only way to send a letter to the US was by surface mail and that it would arrive in 2 months. I was too stunned to look at any of the other restrictions, but I thought the clerk was saying that there was no express mail going to any country. I can't swear to that last one, but I do know that the only option for letters to the US right now is surface mail.

I mailed a letter to England on March 27, Pattaya Post Office on the Soi between 2nd Road and Beach Road (forget the Soi name)... They told me surface mail only and it would take up to 3 months... And when I asked about letters to the States, they said the same... I wonder if FEDexpress and DHL Express are still shipping things via airplane, faster, at a MUCH STEEPER PRICE... 

10 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

The experience I have with Thai post now is a small package send to Canada, it is located now at the airport in BKK for more than 3 weeks.

Thai post answer me, there is no airplane to Canada who can bring.

How do you know it is still at the airport ? Canadian Post does not update the tracking, even if the receive the item. Last status in Thailand is: SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE In transit

Besides that, even under perfect conditions shipments to Canada via Thaipost are super slow compared to other destinations. 
This problem is known for years, because many Asian ebay or amazon sellers simply don't ship to Canada:

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-reveals-it-is-the-reason-for-lengthy-parcel-delays-1.3447438