Amphur / Phuket / Closed

Just a heads up for anyone in Phuket needing Marriage docs or updates etc, Phuket are only open for Births and Deaths, that's it until further notice. I'm presuming that immigration are aware of this for people needing updated KR2 etc for visa extensions.

10 hours ago, PST said:

Just a heads up for anyone in Phuket needing Marriage docs or updates etc, Phuket are only open for Births and Deaths, that's it until further notice...

Are you talking about all district offices in Phuket province or only about the office in Mueang Phuket district?

9 hours ago, Maestro said:

Are you talking about all district offices in Phuket province or only about the office in Mueang Phuket district?

Hi Maestro, i'm talking about the main one in Phuket town, the only place in phuket that issues updated Kor ror 2 etc for visa extensions. 

Phuket is in a partial lock down. or shut down. They may be why the office is only doing certain things.

There are 3 Amphoes in Phuket province. Mueang Phuket , Khatu and Thalang. I assume you went to Mueang Phuket. The other 2 could also do the Kor Ror 2 printout.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Phuket is in a partial lock down. or shut down. They may be why the office is only doing certain things.

There are 3 Amphoes in Phuket province. Mueang Phuket , Khatu and Thalang. I assume you went to Mueang Phuket. The other 2 could also do the Kor Ror 2 printout.

Every office is closed, ive just checked, unless for births and deaths

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Went to the Kathu one on Thursday - closed.  Tried them because of easier access and supposedly less crowded than the main Phuket office. 

A cleaner told us they will re-open on April 1.

Thanks Old Croc, i need an updated KR2 for extension. Ill wait for the Phuket Governor to announce it re-opening tho rather than the cleaner lol!.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

I posted about this also a couple of days ago:

The boss there indicated they indeed plan on re-opening on the 1st.

Thanks Bob, must have missed that post. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Went to the Kathu one on Thursday - closed.  Tried them because of easier access and supposedly less crowded than the main Phuket office. 

Mmm - My wife renewed her ID at Kathu on Thursday 

2 hours ago, Mr Smithy said:
3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Mmm - My wife renewed her ID at Kathu on Thursday 

OK, just checked with the lady, she says we went there on Friday, not Thursday. Apologies, my bad. 

The days seem to have a certain sameness about them lately. 

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

OK, just checked with the lady, she says we went there on Friday, not Thursday. Apologies, my bad. 

The days seem to have a certain sameness about them lately. 

Friday i went, yes they were closed

2 hours ago, merijn said:

The Amphurs on Phuket only do Birth and Death certificates at the moment. 

The Mueang Amphur in Phuket Town will issue the Kor Ror 2 / 22 again from today.

Ive just returned from there, and they are NOT issuing it yet.

I got mine (amphur muang phuket), but we arranged it directly with the boss there.

The boss called my wife yesterday to inform the documents were ready.

Wife went in last time starting the conversation with: "hello, I am a doctor" which seems to open doors these days.

Tomorrow (1st) they should be open again for everyone.