Thailand reports 91 new coronavirus cases and one death

webfact

I told you guys several Days ago that the Chinese are just waiting to travel back to Thailand, lets just see when they allow them back in.  Several articles also posted about the Chinese ready to Breakout and travel again as well...However, I just saw that they started to have new Covid-19 cases...so whats really going on....

17 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I doubt it.. People is Asia have been wearing masks for years now due to the high pollution levels.. You were not the pioneer of mask wearing ????

A bit harsh there mate. On low pm2.5 days there's no mask wearing so the poster may or probally was the only one wearing a mask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mavideol said:

WHO link please.... as for evidence, feel free to check the number of cases tested daily posted by @White Christmas13 1 hour or so ago

Sorry, my mistake I thought everyone would know this web site by now:

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/searo/thailand/2020-03-26-tha-sitrep-33-covid19-final.pdf?sfvrsn=78872b2f_0

• Haha 1

Again good news. What we should watch for is busy hospitals..

Again, Covid19 doesn't seem to have the same capabilities in warmer weather. It won't go away but I think it has a natural flat curve in these countries. 

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I told you guys several Days ago that the Chinese are just waiting to travel back to Thailand, lets just see when they allow them back in.  Several articles also posted about the Chinese ready to Breakout and travel again as well...However, I just saw that they started to have new Covid-19 cases...so whats really going on....

Chinese borders are still closed and will remain so for a while. They took the total lockdown approach instead of herd immunity. They will have to wait until a vaccine becomes available before they can open up to prevent another outbreak. Therefore the Chinese won't travel any time soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

and that means what exactly, didn't see any special praise on the daily numbers tested, WHO also praised China !!! am sure you do know how WHO works and how it's financed and how long it took them to call it a pandemic, how not prepared they were with PPE.... but all it's, Thailand testing less then 1,500 people/day the numbers are low and all is OK and under control.... next please

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

Have to applaud all the people who think this has peaked because there has been a slight decrease in newly identified Covid-19 cases from yesterday's numbers.

My optimism levels need recharging, thanks for the boost...................:thumbsup:

Here's more boost for you.  When the boxing stadium cases hit the fan about ten days ago, the daily peak of new cases was 188. Every day since then, the number of new cases has dropped. I'm working only from memory here, but I have been watching it. It's beginning to look like a trend to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I doubt it.. People is Asia have been wearing masks for years now due to the high pollution levels.. You were not the pioneer of mask wearing ????

You doubt that there were some people pointing and laughing when I started wearing mask inside the super markets here in Hua Hin?

I would make that up why?

35 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

A bit harsh there mate. On low pm2.5 days there's no mask wearing so the poster may or probally was the only one wearing a mask.

I'm not sure what prompted his reaction but I was referring to wearing mask inside super markets etc. here in Hua Hin, not outside in smog filled Chiang Mai.

I would say at the most 1/100 people were wearing a mask a month ago when my family started routinely wearing it when going out.

Even inside the Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin masks were very rare then and yes some people would point and laugh at me for taking the corona risk so seriously.

Edited by Stanley78

49 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

This comment is taken from the WHO daily 'sit rep' report for Thailand:

"Thailand has strong capacities for case detection, risk assessment, case investigation, laboratory diagnosis, clinical management, infection prevention and control, and risk communication.

With WHO support, the National Institute of Health is supporting specimen testing for other countries as requested''.

So @Mavideol roll out your evidence.

Doesn't look like they do a lot of testing. 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/situation.php

Screenshot_20200327_133653.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hanssna said:

Well USA now 85594 and Thailand 1136 so if you think one is not better then another, I take my chances with Thailand and have a more optimistic feeling here. 

Not better at testing

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stanley78 said:

I'm not sure what prompted his reaction but I was referring to wearing mask inside super markets etc. here in Hua Hin, not outside in smog filled Chiang Mai.

I would say at the most 1/100 people were wearing a mask a month ago when my family started routinely wearing it when going out.

Even inside the Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin masks were very rare then and yes some people would point and laugh at me for taking the corona risk so seriously.

I used to think the masks were silly and never wore them. However after getting the Bangkok jep kaw (Sore Throat) enough times I started wearing them every time I went out for pollution avoidance purposes and this significantly reduced my throat pain. I've been doing this about 2 years now. I agree prior to the virus pandemic it was not that common to see people wearing them indoors and at first I was reluctant to wear one indoors too but I have been basically wearing one every time I step out and everywhere I go for two weeks and will continue until this is over. I know there is debate how much the masks help but as long as you are wearing clean ones and don't touch under the mask I think it has to help some.

I also started wearing latex gloves every time I go shopping now. Just having to touch money alone is reason to wear them. They really should accelerate NFC payments in Thailand. Money has always been a huge harborer of germs. this pandemic has made me think hard how unsanitary so much of life is.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stanley78 said:

<deleted> all wearing when I started. Telling Thais this is going to get bad. Sure they thought I was mad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

That was the peak, now it's almost over.

Do you honestly believe this? I believe it hasn't really started yet in Thailand. Let's see in one month time. If Mr. Chan-0-cha lifts the stae of emergency at the end of April, then there would be some reason for hope in Thailand.

Edited by Dario
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Whomever gave the go ahead for that boxing match should be taken to account. Heads should roll for disobeying a direct order from Prayut. The majority of cases stem from that one event. ????

I'm not sure the rule was strictly imposed by that time. It was only a few days after. I might be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I used to think the masks were silly and never wore them. However after getting the Bangkok jep kaw (Sore Throat) enough times I started wearing them every time I went out for pollution avoidance purposes and this significantly reduced my throat pain. I've been doing this about 2 years now. I agree prior to the virus pandemic it was not that common to see people wearing them indoors and at first I was reluctant to wear one indoors too but I have been basically wearing one every time I step out and everywhere I go for two weeks and will continue until this is over. I know there is debate how much the masks help but as long as you are wearing clean ones and don't touch under the mask I think it has to help some.

I also started wearing latex gloves every time I go shopping now. Just having to touch money alone is reason to wear them. They really should accelerate NFC payments in Thailand. Money has always been a huge harborer of germs. this pandemic has made me think hard how unsanitary so much of life is.

Yeah, the banknotes are something that worries me, too. So how to clean them up a bit? It's not really practical to wash all your Baht with soapy water, and wiping them with hand sanitiser could get quite expensive with the price of the stuff these days. What about pegging them outside on the washing line in the sun for an hour, would that much exposure to the UV be enough to kill them - anybody know?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

I'm not sure the rule was strictly imposed by that time. It was only a few days after. I might be wrong though.

The Italian outbreak went crazy after a football match in Bergamo, the epicentre, attended by 40,000 fans.

One lesson from this mess is that the very first thing to do the next time is to cancel anything involving crowds of people.

1 hour ago, Stanley78 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Thai numbers were ten times higher in reality. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if that was true for the UK etc. as well so it would hardly be a Thai specific issue.

That being said I am happy to see so many Thais (and foreigners) wearing masks. I know some say masks don't help and should only be worn by healthcare workers but I, and I'm sure many others agree, feel a lot better being in a country full of mask wearers than the opposite.

When I started wearing a mask over a month ago people would point and laugh at me but no one is doing that now. ????

Good luck everyone and let's hope this nightmare ends eventually.

if the numbers are really 10X higher than govt stats, they would still be lower than previous years numbers for influenza/pneumonia. Hmmph.

If the deaths, now 5 were 500, they would still be lower.

But hey, if you like your mask and feel safer, go for it.

• Like 2

There is something that doesn't quite add up here. 

1. The incubation period is said to be 14 days.  The boxing match was March 6th. We are now on day 21 since the match but in the new figures they include 5 people who attended said match.

2.  What has happened to all the PUI's?  Yesterday it was reported that there were nearly 6,000 in hospitals "under investigation" for Covid-19 on 25th March see below:-

Hospital inpatient numbers for people with COVID type symptoms increased almost 12% in just one day from the 24th to 25th, according to MoPH statistics:

24th -- 5357

25th --5985

1828992772_2020-03-2615_01_59.jpg.23ef2a5e636418371b4fbb3e4d0e31bd.jpg

That's 3587 patients in government hospitals, and 2398 in private hospitals -- patients under investigation for coronavirus.

Now surely, a percentage of these would have the virus and if not, why are they hospitalised?  I have a theory that the government may be using the same logic for recording Covid -19 as they do for Road Accident deaths. Once you are admitted to hospital, you don't count for statistical purposes anymore! Just a thought ????

20 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

There is something that doesn't quite add up here. 

1. The incubation period is said to be 14 days.  The boxing match was March 6th. We are now on day 21 since the match but in the new figures they include 5 people who attended said match.

2.  What has happened to all the PUI's?  Yesterday it was reported that there were nearly 6,000 in hospitals "under investigation" for Covid-19 on 25th March see below:-

Hospital inpatient numbers for people with COVID type symptoms increased almost 12% in just one day from the 24th to 25th, according to MoPH statistics:

24th -- 5357

25th --5985

1828992772_2020-03-2615_01_59.jpg.23ef2a5e636418371b4fbb3e4d0e31bd.jpg

That's 3587 patients in government hospitals, and 2398 in private hospitals -- patients under investigation for coronavirus.

Now surely, a percentage of these would have the virus and if not, why are they hospitalised?  I have a theory that the government may be using the same logic for recording Covid -19 as they do for Road Accident deaths. Once you are admitted to hospital, you don't count for statistical purposes anymore! Just a thought ????

Someone I know that was at the boxing stadium posted on Facebook that he had tested negative, but they kept him in to keep an eye on him, don't know why, he did say they thought he was high risk?

Edited by Tingnongnoi
spelling

14 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Yeah, the banknotes are something that worries me, too. So how to clean them up a bit? It's not really practical to wash all your Baht with soapy water, and wiping them with hand sanitiser could get quite expensive with the price of the stuff these days. What about pegging them outside on the washing line in the sun for an hour, would that much exposure to the UV be enough to kill them - anybody know?

I thought about this but a further issue is every time you shop unless you have exact change you are presented with new coins and bank notes. Furthermore you end up doing a little handshake with the cashier to get your money. Again the NFC (Near field communication) payments which can be done wireless with Credit cards or phones should be ubiquitous here. Even at the street vendors with something like Square payments that you see in the USA which have the little iPads to pay (including NFC) You see this a little bit with Rabbit Card kiosks but it is by no means widespread. In fact I've tried to use NFC a few times where I saw a credit card machine capable of accepting them but it is never turned on. Instead when I hold my phone over it the clerk says "Farang Arai Wa?" Meaning What the '<deleted> is the Farang doing?

22 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I will launder your money for a fee....

.... and the guy who said people laughed at him for wearing a mask thought he was the butt end of jokes!

24 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

if the numbers are really 10X higher than govt stats, they would still be lower than previous years numbers for influenza/pneumonia. Hmmph.

If the deaths, now 5 were 500, they would still be lower.

But hey, if you like your mask and feel safer, go for it.

...it is NOT a flu, even if you repeat that stuff every five minutes!

:coffee1:

re testing, so either they are not testing enough or hiding the results, or the tests themselves are flawed, or they give false negatives and false positives, or the wrong people are being tested, or too few are tested, and are the tests for the WuFlu or anti-bodies to the WuFlu, and do the numbers include or exclude those that recovered ... and bla bla bla ... that that argument could go in to infinity.

Seems logical that if the WuFlu isn't putting tens of thousands in hospital in Thailand it's not as serious as everyone plays it up to be. Feeling sick, cough, fever, etc. Stay home in bed, take Para, and drink lots of water. If you already have XXXX underlying serious condition THEN consider hospital. Hospitals is where sick people are so if they can be avoided, avoid them. Other when Yai the hypochondriac feels tired and demands a doctor, I think this is a common reaction to being sick.

If this WuFlu terror was so deadly I would think you would have seen death rates in the many thousands, testing or not no matter. Have not, not even close.

Cases? Projected cases? Estimated number of cases? Standard influenza is still much higher, and those projections/estimates are GUESSES, and often self-serving guesses.

• Sad 1

Pending results over 6k people yet? You know, the one where they don't even admit those with mild symptoms and no contact to previous cases for testing.

I was guessing 107 for today, they went under, so my guess for tomorrow will be 90 even. Just squeeze the diagnostics pipeline with the foot a little and oh so nice curve. Nothing to do with reality of course.

These dailies are just window dressing.

• Like 2