Thailand reports 91 new coronavirus cases and one death

webfact

Some posters on here who in betting terms would be said to be letting 'their pockets talk'

Desperate bar /hotel owners trying to convince the forum and themselves that it will be all back to normal soon

Thailand's flu season is just around the corner, this will kick into overdrive in those wet sticky months.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

outbreak petering out

sensible options now - keep businesses & free movement open, borders, entertainment and large gatherings closed for at least 14 days?

one thing is for sure the virality is far lower here than in europe or the US, there was enough cases for it to kick off properly

I think you might want to wait a bit before claiming "outbreak petering out", at least until this country begins wide range testing. No tests equal no numbers. According to the WHO and CDC this is global wide and still in its infancy.  

• Like 1

This was their latest official nationalities breakdown as of yesterday, when there were 1045 confirmed cases. (The nationalities breakdown always lags behind by one day):

Thai -- 823   79%

Chinese -- 28   3%

Other -- 54   5%  (France is the largest with 8]

Unknown -- 140   13%

Other: Denmark 5, Japan 3, England 5, Italy 3, United States 4, Canada 3, Singapore 2, French Guinea 1, Belgium 3, France 8, Pakistan 2, Myanmar 1, Malaysia 1, Switzerland 3, New Zealand 1, Sweden 2, Germany 4, Philippines 1, Finland 1, UK 1. 

The earliest confirmed cases in Thailand were pretty much all Chinese nationals and Thai nationals returning from international travel to China and elsewhere.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no83-260363.pdf

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I told you guys several Days ago that the Chinese are just waiting to travel back to Thailand, lets just see when they allow them back in.  Several articles also posted about the Chinese ready to Breakout and travel again as well...However, I just saw that they started to have new Covid-19 cases...so whats really going on....

They banned anyone who doesn't have a visa dated later than today, from today, they are after the imported cases now. Even those with residence permits wont get in.

Might be a tad difficult getting back to China.

So you were telling everyone false information.

The puzzling thing to me is that the last few days (maybe before that but I didn’t notice) is that the daily figures are usually broken down into 3 groups, x number of people linked to known clusters, usually a boxing stadium or the Malaysian religious meeting, then imported/foreign cases, THEN the largest number which is quoted as unknown in origin and being investigated.

but there is never any information on the result of those investigations, no new clusters seem to be identified. The last 3/4 days of figures seemed to show about 300 (going from memory) people who have the virus from an unknown source.

i find this somewhat concerning.

also, people seem to be reading into the relatively low number of infections, that Thailand is not so susceptible to infection. But then I look at the number of cases from the boxing events in Bangkok and it seems that very many people caught it there, which suggests Thailand is just as susceptible as anywhere else.

tbh, I’m not sure anyone knows anything for sure.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

I request a little emoticon symbol of a jaw dropped shocked face look of lunacy added to the like/sad/etc selection.

I have nothing against digital money, debit cards, and good crypto as currency, worldwide +90% of all money IS digital at this point. I also like the anonymity and honest transaction value of cash.

Thailand has and still uses a lot of cash in everyday transactions. Don't know the stats on cash vs electronic but it has to be way above most countries.

To say that paper money is filthy germy and dangerous has to be one of the most #$%^&*()_! things I've read on this forum in a long time. Now I wouldn't lick it, eat it, or put in my mouth, but it's been fine since paper money was invented. It was fine last year in Thailand. It's been fine when there were other flu type and virus type illnesses in past years.

Now how conveniently the plastic bag banners, globull warming nuts, and the WuFlu terror loonies want to blame cash?!

Life can be unsanitary, kids play in dirt, dogs like your face in the morning, etc etc. You natural human immune system does its job and life goes on.

I didn't say ban cash but noncash options should be everywhere. Money is disgusting and why wouldn't it be with so many people touching it. Your feelings don't change this fact and I have thought this long before the virus situation. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/07/tech/mobile-payments-coronavirus/index.html

FWIW those environmentally friendly reusable bags now everywhere in Thailand are also great vectors for germs and germ transmission if not washed. biodegradable plastic bags are better. 

Edited by wasabi

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They haven't even bothered to update that table for days. Check the timestamp at top.

The latest number on PUI awaiting test results from yesterday's daily report was 5841.

6618 PUI currently hospitalized -- 3774 in govt hospitals, 2844 in private hospitals.

Of the 1045 confirmed cases as of yesterday, 944 still hospitalized including 12 now deemed critical, 97 released, 4 dead, 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no83-260363.pdf

1524810931_March26.jpg.6aef9b8f4c9132ecebe4d55f9da8eb40.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

death by facebook,read what drs are now saying about the outbreak,the nos are small how many here so far5!!!in how long and we are wrecking the whole worlds economy,people jobs business etc going down the toilet,what is the death rate in a bad flu season in northern europe or USA,its hardly worth collapsing our economy .in UK the figs from major experts and drs are being re assessedstate,it appears that over 2/3rds of deaths would have  died by xmas anyway.so.......UN WHO and media have a lot to answer for

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

re testing, so either they are not testing enough or hiding the results, or the tests themselves are flawed, or they give false negatives and false positives, or the wrong people are being tested, or too few are tested, and are the tests for the WuFlu or anti-bodies to the WuFlu, and do the numbers include or exclude those that recovered ... and bla bla bla ... that that argument could go in to infinity.

Seems logical that if the WuFlu isn't putting tens of thousands in hospital in Thailand it's not as serious as everyone plays it up to be. Feeling sick, cough, fever, etc. Stay home in bed, take Para, and drink lots of water. If you already have XXXX underlying serious condition THEN consider hospital. Hospitals is where sick people are so if they can be avoided, avoid them. Other when Yai the hypochondriac feels tired and demands a doctor, I think this is a common reaction to being sick.

If this WuFlu terror was so deadly I would think you would have seen death rates in the many thousands, testing or not no matter. Have not, not even close.

Cases? Projected cases? Estimated number of cases? Standard influenza is still much higher, and those projections/estimates are GUESSES, and often self-serving guesses.

It's comforting to know that you have a detailed list of Thailand's hospital occupancy and that there currently is no problem

Here's their chart update as of today the 27th:

945931026_2020-03-2715_18_03.jpg.5cf5ab633f3df56df0290643d2c5c567.jpg

1136 cumulative confirmed cases, 91 increase from prior day

11 in serious/critical condition, 5 dead, 97 released

(I guess the 12 critical from the prior day decreased by one with the one added fatality today).

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Thailand's figures are bogus.

Thank god you are here Professor. I can call you Professor, right? Or do you prefer Doctor? Can you please post your research so the rest of us can see the data. Many thanks.

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The latest number on PUI awaiting test results from yesterday's daily report was 5841.

One of these days somebody will make a chart with total PUI, pending diagnosis and confirmed cases. Should be pretty self explanatory. The backlog grows every day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

Thank god you are here Professor. I can call you Professor, right? Or do you prefer Doctor? Can you please post your research so the rest of us can see the data. Many thanks.

When the Thai govt and the  Thai police announce there is no prostitution in Pattaya then you know every thing they say is absolute bullshìt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

Just look at the testing figures and data that supports more testing = more positive results. Pretty logical really. Maybe logic isn't your strong point.

8 minutes ago, GordyS said:

When the Thai govt and the  Thai police announce there is no prostitution in Pattaya then you know every thing they say is absolute bullshìt

And yet at the same time, the MoPH talks about prostitutes having been identified as confirmed COVID cases.... Maybe MoPH needs to get together with the police, and work things out!!!  :cheesy:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The EN version... This is all you get!!!  :cheesy:

912293193_2020-03-2715_35_44.jpg.83bd8fb900f6f4f7ebfbac3bbc73d76c.jpg

Problem with screening, which is simply taking temp, does not catch the asymptomatic carriers. Scary number is almost 6 mil travellers. You'd be pretty brave to say a certain percentage of these aren't infected.

Edited by dinsdale