Thailand reports 91 new coronavirus cases and one death

webfact

17 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

can't wait until China's false statistics are found out

even when the death rates were high it was only killing under 1%

now it's about 10-20% of daily cases result in deaths

Those are from tested cases, meaning people going to the hospitals because they have worrying symptoms. An estimation is that 80% of the cases never make it to the hospital, nor are they tested.

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Common sense seems to be in increasingly short supply among the political class.

This statement strongly suggests commons sense to have existed in the first place among  the political class,can you provide any scientific evidence to support this?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

outbreak petering out

sensible options now - keep businesses & free movement open, borders, entertainment and large gatherings closed for at least 14 days?

one thing is for sure the virality is far lower here than in europe or the US, there was enough cases for it to kick off properly

why do people keep making remarks like this when they have no idea of the comparative numbers actually tested?

42 minutes ago, fraggleRock said:

And those who can afford to go to hospital... I got my result today as negative from a Bangkok Hospital

why would you go for a test if your were asymptomatic?

the certainty the test provided you would be moot by the time you got home.

Sorry if I allow myself to relieve the weight of this situation a little with a little joke.

SEND IT AROUND IS VERY IMPORTANT !!!

An early symptom of covid19 is anosmia, i.e. lack of sense of taste and smell. If you no longer smell or taste, you have covid19.

Every morning you can take a test, just wake up put a finger in the ass and smell it, if you do not feel the stench you have the covid if you liked the finger in the ass you are also gay.

• Haha 1

Call me cynical, but the last days' number of cases resemble more a lottery draw than anything else scientific possible.

What's the number of new cases tomorrow? Something between 90 and 110.

I also don’t believe the figures, many older people who live in rural villages and get infected when family go home to visit them , will just get sick and die, they never get tested or see a Doctor, I guess we will never know how many die here !

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed.

Posts using charts from unattributed sources have been removed,  please include a link to the source of information when posting. 

A post containing unsubstantiated information has been removed as rumor mongering. 

A post using ALL CAPS has been removed, please turn off your Caps Lock when posting. 

5 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

why would you go for a test if your were asymptomatic?

the certainty the test provided you would be moot by the time you got home.

If all the asymptomatic cases are tested and confirmed it would provide more accurate data of the infection and fatality rates.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If all the asymptomatic cases are tested and confirmed it would provide more accurate data of the infection and fatality rates.

In the perfect world it would.

However it would also require more tests than are available and potentially deny someone who requires testing the opportunity.

Reality check:

The current number of dead from the virus worldwide is still no more than the number killed on the roads of Thailand each year. Think about it. No worldwide panic, no demand that everyone work from home instead of going out on the deadly roads, no self-isolation of brain-dead drivers. Nothing. Nothing at all.

In the perfect world it would.

However it would also require more tests than are available and potentially deny someone who requires testing the opportunity.

With all the billions of baht being promised for the stimulation of the economy (lining the pockets of the elite) perhaps they could spend it on testing and treating the disease instead of killing the economy,as per the German model.Italy has tried the lock down approach and has a 10% fatality rate and Germany has a different approach (lots and lots of testing) and has a fatality rate of just 0.5%.There is a twenty fold difference in fatality rates. 

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

With all the billions of baht being promised for the stimulation of the economy (lining the pockets of the elite) perhaps they could spend it on testing and treating the disease instead of killing the economy,as per the German model.Italy has tried the lock down approach and has a 10% fatality rate and Germany has a different approach (lots and lots of testing) and has a fatality rate of just 0.5%.There is a twenty fold difference in fatality rates. 

Ok, so the billions of baht are liberated at this late date, where do the tests come from?

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

WHO. Don't trust the cr%p coming out of there. Remember they called this a pandemic when? Guess when they got the green light from China. 

Ok, so the billions of baht are liberated at this late date, where do the tests come from?

Well lets see, Chula just created a rapid test strip to identify the Virus, lets see how fast it can get out there and into a drive thru location...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Well you could get them from the covid test supply shop or you could manufacture them.You could also ask Germany where they get their tests from,and remember Thailand is sixth place in the world for being able to deal with this crisis so it should be reletively straight forward. 

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I told you guys several Days ago that the Chinese are just waiting to travel back to Thailand, lets just see when they allow them back in.  Several articles also posted about the Chinese ready to Breakout and travel again as well...However, I just saw that they started to have new Covid-19 cases...so whats really going on....

China have closed its borders to foreigners from Saturday - To many new infections are from imports - If you already have visa or work permit etc .. and need to get back ...  you need to re-apply at a Chinese embassy ...  so I do not think many Chinese are ready to jump on a plane and visit the rest of the world just yet ...

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well lets see, Chula just created a rapid test strip to identify the Virus, lets see how fast it can get out there and into a drive thru location...

That is actually very interesting news, and I could grab a bucket of chicken at the same time 

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Well you could get them from the covid test supply shop or you could manufacture them.You could also ask Germany where they get their tests from,and remember Thailand is sixth place in the world for being able to deal with this crisis so it should be reletively straight forward. 

Ok, so you have replied with sarcasm. Thanks

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Ok, so you have replied with sarcasm. Thanks

Yes there is a touch of sarcasm in my reply but I'm also being quite serious because I'm sure if the desire to acquire the tests were there then they could be sourced or manufactured and my hidden assumption is that Thailand is either unwilling or incapable of dealing with this outbreak honestly contrary to the rhetoric it espouses.

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes there is a touch of sarcasm in my reply but I'm also being quite serious because I'm sure if the desire to acquire the tests were there then they could be sourced or manufactured and my hidden assumption is that Thailand is either unwilling or incapable of dealing with this outbreak honestly contrary to the rhetoric it espouses.

And yet Chula University has created a rapid test strip to be used to help in the fight to identify those with Covid-19.  I guess the Thais are, as you say "Unwilling or incapable of dealing with this outbreak..."   give it a rest.  I know that the numbers are not possibly correct, but at least there are individuals stepping up..... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And yet Chula University has created a rapid test strip to be used to help in the fight to identify those with Covid-19.  I guess the Thais are, as you say "Unwilling or incapable of dealing with this outbreak..."   give it a rest.  I know that the numbers are not possibly correct, but at least there are individuals stepping up..... 

Sorry,by Thailand I do mean the administration and do not include the people of Thailand in my statement.

Use brain.

Thailand locked down its borders, is obviously not interested in manipulating numbers for tourist dollars. 

Thailands's death toll is in single digits. Could that be a little off? Sure. Could there be hundreds dying and they are covering it up? Get a grip. 

• Like 1

Hello,

I've been following the discussion here.  Of course there is great worry, and I urge everyone to get their data from good news sources.  Many news sources now are being "infected" with sensationalism.  Sensationalism relies on panic and clicks.  The world health organization is well aware of what is going on.

Nobody knows what factor heat has to play.  Of course we are all hopeful that it will help, but keep in mind this does NOT behave like a typical flu.  This is not the flu.  

There is every chance that it could morph into something worse, or better.  MERS was a horrible disease, with the death rate of 1/3.  Sars was bad too.  The problem with them is they were too deadly and had a poor transmission time.  This has a long transmission time.

The hockey sticks don't lie when it comes to places like Italy, compared to basically everywhere.  If it does take off, it's going to take off.  Remember lots of very healthy people are getting critically ill.  They don't want to overwhelm the hospitals and leave people to die on the streets.  Take social distancing seriously.  

(thanks for listening to Uncle Tom)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We are getting 100k cases worldwide per day now.  If we can't contain it it will be 1 million a day, then 10 million.  It's only a matter of time in that scenario.  

Stay healthy everyone.  

• Like 1