Thailand reports 91 new coronavirus cases and one death

webfact

10 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

its been decreasing for FIVE days - infection curve has dropped from 46% to under 10%

(at 10% R<1 - thats good news..)

Let's hope it is good. 

The problem I can see is that if don't carry out many tests then the figures will also be low. If you then increase your testing then the number of positive results will increase as you will be finding cases that went tested before. That is an unrepresentative high point so it's likely it will then fall back. That may be what is happening now but let's hope it's a genuine fall. 

I believe that with the lax attitude of some travellers  who feel ok, so do not

wear masks are still spreading the virus. On my flight from Thailand to Taiwan and Canada,

it was mostly Asians and senior travellers who wore masks. The younger travellers

even commented at Taiwan that they would only get mild symptoms so they were

not concerned about catching Covid 19.  I asked one, who he was being met by in Vanvouver

in Canada, he said his parents.  I then asked how will he feel if his Mom or Dad

got sick and died because of him and his friends,  he had not thought about that aspect.

It really is the Me, me world  with some people.  I am on day 13 of self isolation and

here in Calgary the cases keep going up.  USA is getting worse as well.

I think that many thousands will get sick,  and lots will die as well.  Hopefully

not as bad as Italy or Iran. This is not a simple flu, like some simple minds

keep stating.

Geezer

11 hours ago, kevin612 said:

The u.s tested many people, Thailand is testing people who are currently sick.

currently sick and can afford it. don't believe these numbers for a second.

1 hour ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

Genesis 9:1

Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them,

"Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.

"Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth".....Yeah right, I can see that happening in Thailand! ????

New cases are likely to greatly underestimate the actual number. As many with covid-19 do not show symptoms, they can unknowingly pass on the virus. With many laid off workers allowed to return home to the provinces without health checks, this will help spread the virus further. We can expect many older people or those in bad health to become very sick in the coming weeks. Expect a huge rise in cases over the next few weeks. This can only be slowed if we all stay at home or at least keep our distance from others. 

20 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I don’t believe these numbers...they don’t wanna tell us the real ones 

Why state the obvious, we all know the hospital staff and families are sworn to secrecy and the piles of dead bodies are being spirited away in the night.

21 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

outbreak petering out

sensible options now - keep businesses & free movement open, borders, entertainment and large gatherings closed for at least 14 days?

one thing is for sure the virality is far lower here than in europe or the US, there was enough cases for it to kick off properly

Could it be lack of test facilities and skewed reporting? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kevin612 said:

The u.s tested many people, Thailand is testing people who are currently sick.

Rubbish ... the number of people tested per day is minuscule compared to population. Maybe you’ve been listening to Trump fake news?

On 3/27/2020 at 11:49 AM, unamazedloso said:

its 97 and 1 death.. perhaps this was released before all figures were counted or maybe there is more to come.

Depends who's counting . 

The jury's out on this one ..

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

Depends who's counting . 

The jury's out on this one ..

Indeed, hard to make any sense of any of the numbers that are being bounded about, it makes no sense why the numbers are so skewed, Thailand should be in the top 3, there not - the hospitals are not full and there are no horses and carts on the streets, shouting bring out your dead!

Meanwhile the new world order has taken over and we have become former democratic citizens now living in a fascist Orwellian "police state" for our own good - we are repeatedly told, lest we forget our fellow citizens are told they must remind (Police) us!

Something with this whole story stinks!

Hook, line & sinker?

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 9:11 PM, DrTuner said:

That was done in the 1950's, but the buggers didn't stop and now the world is overpopulated.

Maybe this virus , being a product of nature.

Has a purpose ..

Edited by elliss
spelling