Can condominium swimming pools stay open?

Wonderboy

1 hour ago, Rod the Sod said:

Are you sure about that? I am one of about 3 residents left in our Condo and I am on the Board, yet I found the pool closed (in fact the whole roof top was closed including Gym). I went to the JP Office and they informed me it was a requirement from Bangkok Municipal Authority and they had to comply. I managed to get them to agree to leave the Fire Door open so that I can go up and sit by the pool if I need a break from my modest unit, and they agreed to that so long as I promised not to go in the pool. They may not have jurisdiction, but it seems like they have heavyweight influence here in BKK. There was genuine concern that I might dip my toes!!

I am on my board. I have asked to see the BMA directive, or at least an accurate translation of it. Apparently it is not specific in relation to condo pools, so I think it is open to interpretation. I await further clarification.

10 minutes ago, samtam said:

I am on my board. I have asked to see the BMA directive, or at least an accurate translation of it. Apparently it is not specific in relation to condo pools, so I think it is open to interpretation. I await further clarification.

Here's the English translation from last weeks BMA order. But just today it was announced extended to April 30th. 

20200327_182621.jpg

Screenshot_20200327-182533_Twitter.jpg

Surely common sense dictates that Condo or not a swimming pool is a gathering place (not unlike a bar) therefore it makes sense that it should close. Or is that statement illogical?

10 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

All condo gyms and pools have been told to close.  Whether it's really necessary, is regrettably moot.

Condo pools have not been told to close only public where did you get your information

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mfd101 said:

If it's so safe for 1 at a time in the pool, why wouldn't it be safe for 5 or 10 or 20 provided they keep at least 2 metres away from the doggie crawler?

Maybe it to do with changing rooms/common showers areas?

15 hours ago, lumply said:

Surely common sense dictates that Condo or not a swimming pool is a gathering place (not unlike a bar) therefore it makes sense that it should close. Or is that statement illogical?

There's a high risk of people gathering around a popular public pool, that's a correct statement. Around a condo pool with not so many people at this time because of the coronavirus and it's also low season, the risk is minimal to none.

Sitting 4-5 up to 10 meters apart, that's imo no problem at all. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It seems to be their greatest concern at the moment.

It is: 

"Arrested.."..."Ten men and twelve women were taking part in a party by a pool."

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

It is: 

"Arrested.."..."Ten men and twelve women were taking part in a party by a pool."

That has nothing to do with the pool. It was the social gathering part that caused the arrest. You're still not thinking the way you should. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

That has nothing to do with the pool. It was the social gathering part that caused the arrest. You're still not thinking the way you should. 

You should be a politican. ????