Thailand has 'big scheme' to ease virus impact as recession looms

webfact

Just now, sammieuk1 said:

Stimulus billions of dollars what could possibly go wrong and in all probability that you will end up with is a bottle of red bull DPM ???? 

Nothing will go wrong, you negativist, there will just be the usual 30 to 40% "vanishing" into the same deep pockets as before...

36 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'll tell you what it's going to be. Borrow money from China. I'm still not convinced this wasn't deliberate from the CCP and the Chinese lackies WHO couldn't see a problem. China says international travel ok lap dog WHO says international travel ok. Well it wasn't and isn't. Whatever happened deliberate, accidental, wet market or lab the CCP is complicit and should pay and pay dearly.

Indeed 'dinsdale': MAKE CHINA PAY!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

"The government must try to end the outbreak as soon as possible, so the economy can quickly recover. The later, the more difficult," he added.

Such an arrogant, self righteous comment.

Sincerely hope something was lost in translation with that.

2 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Stimulus measures :-
1.  Recruit 20,000 new immigration staff to root out visa overstays.
2.  Recruit 10,000 new police to arrest and expel miscreants.

3.  Introduce a foreigner tax for those still here.

4.  Open 5,000 new car washes to use up any remaining water still left in the reservoirs.

5.  Start construction of 1 new runway at both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang for the 65,000/day Chinese shortly to be coming.

6.  Reward everyone in the government handsomely for the marvellous way they have handled things.

you've been read in on their scheme already? Whooo

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I imagine all countries banning Chinese tourism until the end the practice of wet markets and eating exotic animals would be a good start - though that would obvious not pan out with the generals

you've not been to a local Dalat here? No bats but some of the 'stuff' is mystifyingly gross

4.  Open 5,000 new car washes to use up any remaining water still left in the reservoirs.

5.  Start construction of 1 new runway at both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang for the 65,000/day Chinese shortly to be coming.

6.  Reward everyone in the government handsomely for the marvellous way they have handled things.

Your insider knowledge is uncanny????

17 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder who will be financing  the "debt" for all the borrowing going on around the world during this time?

It seems that countries like USA have a huge debt before all this, and I have been led to understand a sizeable part of that debt is unwritten by China

UK, Australia have now committed lots to support the communitythrough all this, but who unwrites the debt?

Anyone more informed able to enlighten me?

all I've read pre flu terror was that china's debt to gdp was about 400% so I don't see them financing too much.

16 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder who will be financing  the "debt" for all the borrowing going on around the world during this time?

It seems that countries like USA have a huge debt before all this, and I have been led to understand a sizeable part of that debt is unwritten by China

UK, Australia have now committed lots to support the communitythrough all this, but who unwrites the debt?

Anyone more informed able to enlighten me?

Our Aussie great grand children are underwriting the debt....unless by then they are enslaved by the Chinese.   Tibet and Australia under the one thumb! 

Sounds good to me.

I'd add a few more but that'll cover 90% of it. ????

3 hours ago, GordyS said:

Maybe they are cutting off a certain individual's finances

That would definitely free up quite a bit of baht to be spent on real people

THAI Airways - "From April 1, it will cancel most of its flights to Europe — London, Frankfurt, Paris, Brussels, Copenhagen, Oslo, Moscow and Stockholm". (BP 25/03/2020) ...but not Zurich or Munich? Why not? Maybe those are Very Important Routes?

THAI schedule checked today. TIP: Search any other flight with THAI to Europe during April and see what's available.

image.png.9f2e6537a3aa548d4ebcc71181b94fc0.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Or double the size of the army and get 10,000  new Generals Plus 5 subs instead of 3 And get 2 new deputy PMs to make it 4

• Like 2

Not waving, drowning... unless there's a scheme to suddenly inject a shed-load of competence into these people, then it's pretty much going to be business as usual.

A cat cannot be a dog and a clown cannot be a prime minister - unless you're limited to sycophants and aren't telling people what your really doing when you precipitate a treasonous coup-detat....

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1