be tweeked so some people besides the rich corporations got a bit of the money,

Remember when Chev and  the other car company flew their company jets

to Washington to ask for money?  I will never forget those poor, rich people

losing their faces.

Geezer

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

Stimulus measures :-
1.  Recruit 20,000 new immigration staff to root out visa overstays.
2.  Recruit 10,000 new police to arrest and expel miscreants.

3.  Introduce a foreigner tax for those still here.

4.  Open 5,000 new car washes to use up any remaining water still left in the reservoirs.

5.  Start construction of 1 new runway at both Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang for the 65,000/day Chinese shortly to be coming.

6.  Reward everyone in the government handsomely for the marvellous way they have handled things.

7. build a huge two lane bike path from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai so bicycle enthusiasts can enjoy two of the world's most polluted cities while saving the environment. 

Well lets take previous 'schemes' to help people. The 2004 Tsunami and 2011 Floods in Bangkok.

They offered a meager pittance and had very little impact on peoples lives, so call me skeptical that this will be another nothing of substance support which is what is reality.

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Big Scheme? Not heard of him, is he a member of the cabinet? 

Big Schemer, he is the one who takes the bullion to the private jet for safe deposit in Switzerland

Edited by RJRS1301

16 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder who will be financing  the "debt" for all the borrowing going on around the world during this time?

It seems that countries like USA have a huge debt before all this, and I have been led to understand a sizeable part of that debt is unwritten by China

UK, Australia have now committed lots to support the communitythrough all this, but who unwrites the debt?

Anyone more informed able to enlighten me?

I read somwhere that Trump has already hinted about some "digital money" idea.

Not sure if its true but i presume that just means creating money out of thin air, or out of his สss, if you will.

maybe easier to just create "digital debt" that can go on into infinity.

No doubt the new influx will be handled by the reserve banks and passed on to financial institutions so they can provide more loans to keep the people in more debt.

Right now im sure governments are trying to thinking up ways of how they will fix things without having to actually give cash out willy nilly to the public.

Or another way might be to start taxing the filthy rich who have never paid much tax at all (never happen).

It their fault anyway. Idiots in reservr banks have allowed 0% interest rates, leaving them with nowhere to go.

I really cant see how they are gonna fix it all, short of bringing in some type of system to internationally write off a certain % of everyones debt.

Thats probably how they will usher in the New World Order actually..

things will be so bad they will offer a new financial system that wipes away everyones debt..

16 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I wonder who will be financing  the "debt" for all the borrowing going on around the world during this time?

It seems that countries like USA have a huge debt before all this, and I have been led to understand a sizeable part of that debt is unwritten by China

UK, Australia have now committed lots to support the communitythrough all this, but who unwrites the debt?

Anyone more informed able to enlighten me?

I think it is electronically induced by each country themselves, a sort of IOU to themselves but it has to be washed away, usually with large tax increases or you get hyperinflation. I may be wrong but that is what I have superficially understood.

“...preserving jobs over the next 2 - 3 months.”

Forget that time line. Thailand relies on tourism (and the financial benefits the workers in the tourism industry provide to families in the provinces).

Hopefully the backbone of the coronavirus will be broken within 3 months (I’m not holding my breath on that one) and TourismThailand will be open again for business. 

The vast majority of tourists that grace the LoS with their presence are not super wealthy and actually save to come here. That would suggest that only when this virus has finally been defeated will people start saving for utter holidays. These same people may even reflect on how countries treated tourists during this pandemic and chose future holiday destinations accordingly.

its going to take a lot more than 3 months to restore the confidence in the international tourist business. Airlines have to kick-start their industry, Tourist destinations have to fall back on their financial resources to bring their products (hotels, restaurants, bars etc.) up to speed again. Staffing in the industry has to resume. Overseas travel agents have to be reassured that their customers are going to receive the packages they paid for.

Forget the “ next 2 - 3 months”. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but for Thailand and all other long haul tourist destinations 2020 is, unfortunately, a non event. Roll on 2021.

I feel that many of the restrictions being put into place by western countries rearding travel, will remain for some time to come, greatly affecting travel from the countries who supply the tourist to LOS. Then I believe that LOS will be demanding a medical certificate stating the person is clear of COVID19, as well travel insurance which will be expensive, and airlines tickets  will be more expensive.

Many of people who may have been potential tourists from OS will have experienced unemployment/loss of wages, accumulating debt, so not a rosy future for LOS, but they may get a more well heeled group of tourists.  

now ' social distancing ' presents another problem for these hookers, how can they do house calls and bonk all day if they have to keep 1 meter apart.  Maybe they just do a show in front of the client but keep a distance 

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

now ' social distancing ' presents another problem for these hookers, how can they do house calls and bonk all day if they have to keep 1 meter apart.  Maybe they just do a show in front of the client but keep a distance 

That would be called social dis-dancing!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, RichardColeman said:

I imagine all countries banning Chinese tourism until the end the practice of wet markets and eating exotic animals would be a good start - though that would obvious not pan out with the generals

Genuine question, Those wetmarkets in BKK are they Chinese or Thai operated?

On 3/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, RichardColeman said:

I imagine all countries banning Chinese tourism until the end the practice of wet markets and eating exotic animals would be a good start - though that would obvious not pan out with the generals

If the animals are native to China they wouldn't be considered exotic,a bit like Aussies eating Kangaroo,Dingbats or Drop Bears!

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If the animals are native to China they wouldn't be considered exotic,a bit like Aussies eating Kangaroo,Dingbats or Drop Bears!

They elected the Dingbat to lead the Parliament in Oz

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No-one has so far ever reported a successful capture let alone being able to eat a Drop Bear,

• Haha 1