65k monthly method suspended at Jomtien Immigration?

I have one report that the 65k monthly method for annual extensions for the purpose of retirement has been suspended because of the covid-19 crisis at Jomtien Immigration. Can anybody share their most recent experience as I am getting my ducks lined up to do my extension. The 800k method no problem. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I do vaguely recall reports on here that those seeking non-O conversions at Jomtien after doing border runs to ditch their original non-OA visas so as to avoid the mandatory health insurance requirement for future retirement extensions can only use the 800k bank balance method for that particular process. If true, maybe that's what the report referred to in the OP was alluding to?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Jomtien Immigration is a zoo right now, absolute chaos. The report I heard was a temporary suspension of the 65k during the covid-19 crisis (unless your country still does income affadavits). Reason the amount of paperwork required as opposed to the simple and clean 800k deposit method. To do the 65k method you have to jump through hoops, I know because I have done it. The day before you go to Immigration you deposit to your passbook and update. You get a letter from your bank that vouches you are the owner of the passbook. Then you must go to your original bank branch only and they will download the Credit Advice slips and then prepare the letter showing one year of foreign transfers. You must have letters from your private pension and /or government pension vouching the source of your funds. One hiccup in this process and you are screwed. I witnessed countless times people having issues and having to fix and return later. During this crisis I can understand why immigration might want to temporarily put on the brakes. Rather than speculation I would like to hear a few Jomtien Immigration recent success stories during this crisis (not two weeks ago), that way we can put this thread to bed. 

Just successfully completed the process using 65K method on Tuesday the 24th. It was exactly as you described, all the hoops and paperwork. Time consuming, expensive (multiple bank documents) and generally annoying.

What concerned me most was the overcrowding of the Jomtien facility, about 50% of the foreigners were not wearing face masks and allowed to enter the building with No Social Distancing in place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Just successfully completed the process using 65K method on Tuesday the 24th. It was exactly as you described, all the hoops and paperwork. Time consuming, expensive (multiple bank documents) and generally annoying.

What concerned me most was the overcrowding of the Jomtien facility, about 50% of the foreigners were not wearing face masks and allowed to enter the building with No Social Distancing in place.

Thank you so much, much appreciated. Since I am on crutches I will use an agent to complete this task for me. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sounds like a baseless rumor to me.

What would be different between it and the other options due to corvid 19?

Exactly what would the other options be. Not really rhetorical either is it, I chuckle a little whenever I hear rumors like this because I just did mine like that with no issues a less than month ago. Immigration might ask questions about any possible inconsistent deposit dates. I had a few early deposits because of weekends and US holidays but it was no problem with immigration I just showed them my calendar of US holidays and weekends and they called and checked with their headquarters and it was fine. Monthly income is no problem at immigration it never was. These rumors have started simply because immigration will ask questions and carefully review each deposit but as long as you’re within the rules of “monthly” income you’ll be fine, I was earlier this month when I got my stamp. They also accepted my pension letters as supporting documents and they included them with my bank paperwork. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Exactly what would the other options be.

They would be 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht that would also require proof of income.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would be 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht that would also require proof of income.

Yeah I know there are like two other options money in the bank or combination method but what you said about no difference because of the virus exactly. I remember reading rumors like this before I did my year extension using monthly income. 

Edited by JimLuce
  • Thanks 1

I did the 65k method on the 19 March (41 days early) with no problem. The only additional paperwork was the letter and statements from the bank. I have always supplied my pension statements and did so again. Other paperwork the same as previous years (with the embassy letter).

I agree it is chaotic at Jomtien with the massive queues outside in the sun then the temperature check and finally the crowds inside with the majority of Farangs without masks.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sounds like a baseless rumor to me.

What would be different between it and the other options due to corvid 19?

Might have something to do with banks being closed through Monda? Cannot get required letters?

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who said they are closed until Monday and where?

Sorry Joe. I just tried to followup what Da told me this morn as she said she wanted to go to the bank but read they would be closed here in C. Mai. On just asking for the source on the internet ... she had read that Bangkok and C. Mai individual offices were wanting to close over the weekend. So, I fell into thinking something was valid as she often reads something on Thai language sites that take a while to filter into English language sources. In this case, no creditable source found. We did have a bank glitch here last week where there were ATMs without funds and lines due to, I was told, government welfare funds being made available. Colored my listening to the possibility of branches closing over the weekend. Again, apology.

ALL 65K oir 800K system have out of any law at world, all foreigns need stop ALL busines and money in thailand then goverment can see how important foreigns money have many million thai workers, then work end million thais. then maybe immigration understand western foreign have all thailand heart and all money go western not thai can do anythink good.immigration law need change normal human law and end now has monkey idiots law .then foreigns can go back thailand and make busines and make lot work many peoples. thats is wery important ALL foreigns stop busines in thailand .only idiot support country who have out of all law immigration system.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who said they are closed until Monday and where?

Go and look on all the banks websites and it says that all branches closed 28-29 March. We tried to find out about some business that we want to do and we must cancel it until Monday

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

I haven’t been to the bank lately but they’re still answering the phone I know because I had to call my bank yesterday about a Foodpanda electronic refund and my bank quickly handed it over the phone for me and in English to. 

That is because they were open yesterday. Today and tomorrow they are closed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

An in and out in a flash time this 800K on bank .....if not crowded !

Super !

10 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Well, sorry but SCB never seems to have all the problems that they do. 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/four-major-banks-close-branches-for-the-weekend-to-prevent-crowds

Well, if you check your facts instead of trying to look smart you would see that there all the banks are involved in this and the SCB is one of them. So the SCB must have the same problems that the Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, Krungthai Bank, TMB-Thanachart Bank and the GSB bank because as they have all stated that ALL there brabches are closed for this weekend because of the Covid-19

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

I actually did, I just hung up the phone with my bank 10 minutes ago after I asked them. See my last post banks closed till Monday. Please let’s not start scaring people because there’s no problems with the banks except for the branches being closed a few days. 

It was you that tried to scare people about problems with your posts when you are the one that stated about it not being bad for Bangkok bank and your post about the SCB not having the same problems.

You are the one that brought the word "problems" into this, no one else. There are no problems except the the bank branches have closed nationally for the weekend because of the Covid-19 and everything else is as usual until opening time on Monday.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Joe, yes that is true I just called my bank’s customer service and that’s what they told me as well. They said all branches are closed but only until Monday. 

I was on my banks website earlier and did not see it. Went back I found it just now. To busy on this forum to read the news.

Only 2 day so not that big of a deal and it is really off topic for this topic.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Sorry Joe. I just tried to followup what Da told me this morn as she said she wanted to go to the bank but read they would be closed here in C. Mai. On just asking for the source on the internet ... she had read that Bangkok and C. Mai individual offices were wanting to close over the weekend. So, I fell into thinking something was valid as she often reads something on Thai language sites that take a while to filter into English language sources. In this case, no creditable source found. We did have a bank glitch here last week where there were ATMs without funds and lines due to, I was told, government welfare funds being made available. Colored my listening to the possibility of branches closing over the weekend. Again, apology.

I am really not keeping up. Bangkok Bank has stated they are closed 28 & 29. I feared I jumped the gun, but she was correct.

Edited by wwest5829

22 hours ago, stewartthailand said:

I did the 65k method on the 19 March (41 days early) with no problem. The only additional paperwork was the letter and statements from the bank. I have always supplied my pension statements and did so again. Other paperwork the same as previous years (with the embassy letter).

I agree it is chaotic at Jomtien with the massive queues outside in the sun then the temperature check and finally the crowds inside with the majority of Farangs without masks.

Will they accept pension and proof of rental income from abroad, ie a rental contract, totalling more than 65k ?