BANGKOK
ThaiBob

65k monthly method suspended at Jomtien Immigration?

I have one report that the 65k monthly method for annual extensions for the purpose of retirement has been suspended because of the covid-19 crisis at Jomtien Immigration. Can anybody share their most recent experience as I am getting my ducks lined up to do my extension. The 800k method no problem. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hardly think it woul be problem,all that is done is 12 months sliced thru bank letter,each month 65 or abopve...that or agent   9500 is cheapest Ive seen

Posted (edited)

I do vaguely recall reports on here that those seeking non-O conversions at Jomtien after doing border runs to ditch their original non-OA visas so as to avoid the mandatory health insurance requirement for future retirement extensions can only use the 800k bank balance method for that particular process. If true, maybe that's what the report referred to in the OP was alluding to?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Jomtien Immigration is a zoo right now, absolute chaos. The report I heard was a temporary suspension of the 65k during the covid-19 crisis (unless your country still does income affadavits). Reason the amount of paperwork required as opposed to the simple and clean 800k deposit method. To do the 65k method you have to jump through hoops, I know because I have done it. The day before you go to Immigration you deposit to your passbook and update. You get a letter from your bank that vouches you are the owner of the passbook. Then you must go to your original bank branch only and they will download the Credit Advice slips and then prepare the letter showing one year of foreign transfers. You must have letters from your private pension and /or government pension vouching the source of your funds. One hiccup in this process and you are screwed. I witnessed countless times people having issues and having to fix and return later. During this crisis I can understand why immigration might want to temporarily put on the brakes. Rather than speculation I would like to hear a few Jomtien Immigration recent success stories during this crisis (not two weeks ago), that way we can put this thread to bed. 

Just successfully completed the process using 65K method on Tuesday the 24th. It was exactly as you described, all the hoops and paperwork. Time consuming, expensive (multiple bank documents) and generally annoying.

What concerned me most was the overcrowding of the Jomtien facility, about 50% of the foreigners were not wearing face masks and allowed to enter the building with No Social Distancing in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, KenKadz said:

Just successfully completed the process using 65K method on Tuesday the 24th. It was exactly as you described, all the hoops and paperwork. Time consuming, expensive (multiple bank documents) and generally annoying.

What concerned me most was the overcrowding of the Jomtien facility, about 50% of the foreigners were not wearing face masks and allowed to enter the building with No Social Distancing in place.

Thank you so much, much appreciated. Since I am on crutches I will use an agent to complete this task for me. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sounds like a baseless rumor to me.

What would be different between it and the other options due to corvid 19?

Exactly what would the other options be. Not really rhetorical either is it, I chuckle a little whenever I hear rumors like this because I just did mine like that with no issues a less than month ago. Immigration might ask questions about any possible inconsistent deposit dates. I had a few early deposits because of weekends and US holidays but it was no problem with immigration I just showed them my calendar of US holidays and weekends and they called and checked with their headquarters and it was fine. Monthly income is no problem at immigration it never was. These rumors have started simply because immigration will ask questions and carefully review each deposit but as long as you’re within the rules of “monthly” income you’ll be fine, I was earlier this month when I got my stamp. They also accepted my pension letters as supporting documents and they included them with my bank paperwork. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JimLuce said:

Exactly what would the other options be.

They would be 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht that would also require proof of income.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would be 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht that would also require proof of income.

Yeah I know there are like two other options money in the bank or combination method but what you said about no difference because of the virus exactly. I remember reading rumors like this before I did my year extension using monthly income. 

Edited by JimLuce
  • Thanks 1

I did the 65k method on the 19 March (41 days early) with no problem. The only additional paperwork was the letter and statements from the bank. I have always supplied my pension statements and did so again. Other paperwork the same as previous years (with the embassy letter).

I agree it is chaotic at Jomtien with the massive queues outside in the sun then the temperature check and finally the crowds inside with the majority of Farangs without masks.

• Thanks 1

I thought I read on TVisa that a number of IO's werent accepting the Combination Method ?

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Sounds like a baseless rumor to me.

What would be different between it and the other options due to corvid 19?

Might have something to do with banks being closed through Monda? Cannot get required letters?