Thailand runs short of eggs

webfact

4 hours ago, david555 said:

How long time can someone hoarding eggs …...keep them to long and the salmonella steps in ….. ok future a Salmonella outbreak...? 5555

Salmonella does not magically appear when eggs have been kept long. They either have it or they don't, and it's rare.

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

Salmonella does not magically appear when eggs have been kept long. They either have it or they don't, and it's rare.

O.K. I did not knew ….,thanks , so they just eat them 6 weeks old  anyway ….as hoarded and paid must consume until finished ….. or rather sold further for exaggerated price to others , scam style ????

11 minutes ago, tropo said:

I have no problem at all eating eggs 6 weeks old or older that are kept in the refrigerator at about 3C. IMO eggs are still good value at double their price. In Thailand we have been spoiled with very cheap prices. 

Chinese find 1000 year old eggs a delicatessen (not really 1000 years , just a name ..) but black inside anyway 

We all experience now their Chines strange "delicatesse food" eating ….

untitled.png

Wait until the rural Thai eating habits go start competing with that ….???? ????

Edited by david555

Yesterday at a junction in town waiting for the lights, I saw a girl on her scooter topple over, and when I drove by saw she had multiple trays of eggs that had obviously slid to the side and caused her bike to fall.

I felt quite sorry for her, as it was no yolk.

All that mess on the road, there was no eggscuse for it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

They were discounting them in Makro last monday!

Last monday , long time ago , time changes .

Fyi , pork in short supply @ the local markets.

This is just the beginning, of  the end ...

Edited by elliss
spelling

51 minutes ago, elliss said:

Last monday , long time ago , time changes .

Fyi , pork in short supply @ the local markets.

This is just the beginning, of  the end ...

The two markets here have been stopped so enterprising traders have set up stalls opposite Tesco Lotus in the evening. As we're by the sea there were excellent fish stalls, wonder where they are selling now?.

3 hours ago, connda said:

For 'city Thais' who buy their eggs from retailers who buy their eggs from feed-lots.
In rural villages?  I can throw a rock in just about any direction and hit a hen-house.  

As can any inhabitant of Pattaya - just a different hen house though !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Yesterday at a junction in town waiting for the lights, I saw a girl on her scooter topple over, and when I drove by saw she had multiple trays of eggs that had obviously slid to the side and caused her bike to fall.

I felt quite sorry for her, as it was no yolk.

All that mess on the road, there was no eggscuse for it.

You shouldn't be cracking yolks at other people's eggspense.

• Like 2

Makro, Pattaya yesterday only 1 sheet per customer 94 baht,  there is also a run on pork.chicken being sold at local markets, eggs for example normal a sheet 95 baht sold for 200, same for a kilo of pork being sold at 200 baht. 

Many are going to places like Big C, Lotus, Makro which are large stores and if anyone is watching/reporting it will be at these larger stores reason locals are buying then reselling at the local market, just ignorance and greed.

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Forgot where I read it, but some say it was triggered by some "expert doctor" recommending eggs as clean food in times of Corona.

No actually it was increased demand from China thus the export ban. The egg cartels will not be pleased with the ruling to put it mildly.

Edited by Venom
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, david555 said:

Chinese find 1000 year old eggs a delicatessen (not really 1000 years , just a name ..) but black inside anyway 

We all experience now their Chines strange "delicatesse food" eating ….

untitled.png

Wait until the rural Thai eating habits go start competing with that ….???? ????

Soy sauce makes them black.

21 hours ago, dinsdale said:

30 eggs if you can get them went from Bt109 to Bt170 overnight.

On Wednesday afternoon my wife bought 30 size zero eggs for 120 baht, which was roughly the same price as the last lot. She bought them from a market in rural Khampaeng Phet.

23 hours ago, david555 said:

How long time can someone hoarding eggs …...keep them to long and the salmonella steps in ….. ok future a Salmonella outbreak...

If you know how to do it, there are many ways to preserve eggs for long periods of time without any contamination taking place.

'nuf sed.  plamuk aka travellingchef

1 minute ago, wotsdermatter said:

If you know how to do it, there are many ways to preserve eggs for long periods of time without any contamination taking place.

'nuf sed.  plamuk aka travellingchef

But I don't see any in your reply …..any ideas ?

On 3/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, champers said:

Posters will be cracking yokes about this story all day and everyone will get eggsasperated.

Scrambled info' from you. Go boil your head. ????????

Don't go poaching stories from others.

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2