Dangerous places: Covid-19 hotspots in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am not advocating the avoidance of taking precautions. All I am saying is, that I tend to question the intentions of government and authority. That relates to any government, but especially this administration, that cannot be relied upon for fairness, decency, competence, talent, or honesty. Rarely is any governmental authority honorable and noble. A lockdown may have some wisdom at this moment. Maybe. Maybe not.

But there is no doubt we are seeing a massive over reaction over this. And there is no doubt, that the economic consequences will be infinitely greater than the death toll.

1. Millions will remain out of work for a long time to come.

2. Many will starve in nations like India, that do not have any real, or practical safety net. The $22 billion bailout is not enough there. How much of that money will actually reach those in greatest need? You have a nationwide lockdown, and hundreds of millions of people earning just $2 to $5 a day, in good times. 

3. I do not see Thai tourism EVER recovering to the extent it was before. Why would they return? Why would the Chinese return like before? They will likely choose other nearby countries. It was declining already. Now? What impact will that have on the airline industry? The airports?

4. Will people return to the movie theaters like before? Concerts? 

5. Will people be willing to travel as much as before? Where will they travel to?

6. Will people return to restaurants, and dine out like they did before?

There are an infinite number of questions out there, and they all remain unanswered.

This is not the zombie apocalypse, and there is no doubt that the panic, fear and precautions being taken are out of proportion to the risk, by a ridiculous degree.

congratulations.....you have just qualified to be a CNN panellist.

with your own dressing room and trailer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

Even if the list is not 100% reliable it is at at least a praiseworthy attempt to help the population avoid risky  locations - and a damn sight more effective than the current health advice in Britain or that coming out of the White House.

Its not praiseworthy , its total nonsense , the virus has spread far and wide. 

There has been no wholesale testing in Thailand so there is not enough data available to even approximate the level of infection.

The official figures are not just wildly inacurate , they are positively dangerous in that many of the population are still not taking the situation seriously.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

What so no beer drinking, junk food eating older men in Pattaya?

Yeah that’s why its weird..

IMHO Most these Pattaya expats are Fat and have a high blood pressure and are slightly aged. Exactly those have a high risk to end up in the ICU..
By the way this Italian research did not specify  about being dirty or not dirty !

10 hours ago, simtemple said:

Immigration Bangkok more interested in money, than social distancing. 

Recorded yesterday Bangkok Immigration:

https://youtu.be/hAUFukvKWfI

After viewing this video what a joke and dam shocking bunch of clowns Thai Immigration are with their solution to this COVID-19 crises.

Firstly, these clowns are endangering not just the mass gathering of people in a single area but the chance they will become infected and take it back to healthy family and friends and infect them.

The keystone cops have nothing on this useless Thai Immigration department.

They could not run a <deleted> up at a drunks party.

You can now see why with this attitude to safe social distancing this virus is going to spread like wildfire in Thailand.

You just can't put brains in statues.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

Is that actually true though ?

Are there numerous people in Pattaya pretending to be ex MI6 /CIA/SAS/Spys etc, or has that been repeated so many times people believe it to be true ?

I have yet to meet any of these people, although I have never been to Pattaya

All the bona fide active and 'retired' SEAL team guys, special forces operatives and SAS chaps only ever meet and drink at one bar in Pattaya. The wannabe's and pretenders all know what bar it is and funnily enough, they don't come near the place.

But since all bars are now closed, there's no real point in me mentioning the name of the bar is there?

17 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

congratulations.....you have just qualified to be a CNN panellist.

with your own dressing room and trailer.

I do not see them discussing the consequences of the economic fallout, in regard to the common man very much. Especially the very poor. Just panic mongering from morning to night. So, I beg to differ. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 4:43 PM, DrTuner said:

And not a single one in Pattaya. That proves the toughest humans on the planet, the eternal SAS retirees on their bar stools, are immune to everything from ebola to nuclear blasts.

Yes but girl from Pattaya bring to Surin  

On 3/28/2020 at 4:17 PM, sanemax said:

Is that actually true though ?

Are there numerous people in Pattaya pretending to be ex MI6 /CIA/SAS/Spys etc, or has that been repeated so many times people believe it to be true ?

I have yet to meet any of these people, although I have never been to Pattaya

I think the rumour started with some scrawny punk that was scared sh**less in a bar one day and claimed he was ex(insert SEAL/SAS/Delta/Green Beret/whatever) in the hopes that no one would challenge him.

I met a lot like that when I was in the (Canadian) military. Big mouths (and balls) in front of their friends (when they think they've got back up) but when you got them one-on-one their whole attitude changes and suddenly they want to be your friend.
If that doesn't work, then suddenly they start claiming they are 5th degree black belts (while imitating some move they saw on The Karate Kid) and going on about how many secret Kumite competitions they've won.
Or some other similar BS.
These days they are all "MMA" fighters. "Don't f*** with me - I'm training for the UFC !"

I'm guessing that the original story spread from barstool to barstool over the decades since then and no doubt there have been more than a few others since then who've also claimed some "elite" status in the hopes it would make people back away (some people are just plain a**holes to begin with).

It's like that story I hear, a lot, when I tell people (outside of Thailand) that I'm living in Thailand. Invariably, some guy who wasn't even born when Vietnam ended will start up with the story about how he has a "friend" who when to Thailand, rented a house right on the beach, hired one woman to do the cooking and another to do the cleaning, both of whom were sleeping with him as well and it only cost him $75 a month !

Heard that story a couple of times when I was working at a camp just outside of Kabul back between 2003-05. Had heard it in Canada a couple times over the years as well.

And every time I hear it, I say the same thing. "Dude, the Vietnam War ended (45*) years ago." (*Or however long ago it was at that point)
They look at you with confused faces, until you explain that prices haven't been like that since the war ended and that means your "friend" would have to be around 63+ years old by now, if he was ever actually there in the first place.

It works great ! Especially as those people rarely ever talk to you (or in your presence) again !