Infections will skyrocket without social distancing, says official

webfact

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Too late.

The virus has long spread in large numbers in Thailand.

The sticks might still be salvageable. And given there are a lot of Yais there, well worth the effort. BKK is toast by now.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Two women outside our gate this morning giving my wife grief about being married to the crazy hiding away farang.

Water off a duck's back as far as I'm concerned.

If they were smarter than my gate or a handful of gravel, then I'd be a bit more concerned about that they think. As it is, they're people and they're free to think whatever they like, and good luck to them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The sticks might still be salvageable. And given there are a lot of Yais there, well worth the effort. BKK is toast by now.

It took just one Chinese guy to infect 150 plus countries.

What chance does does the Thai countryside have, the pool of women who service bars for Chinese, SKoreans, Japanese, Australians, Americans, Europeans....they are all returning from Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket.

This strategy can work somewhat at the beginning of a pandemic, but this has been going on for too long and Thailand is already infected.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

what state of emergency?

In my house, we have all locked down but the world goes on by us and I wonder what the <deleted> I am doing locked up when I see most my neighborhood up and about. 

What social distancing? Nah, not happening in my part of the world. Put my faith in that people might think right but in this case I am sadly mistaken. I could go on an say a lot more but I am just wasting my breath.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

In my house, we have all locked down but the world goes on by us and I wonder what the <deleted> I am doing locked up when I see most my neighborhood up and about. 

It's tempting isn't it? Come to the dark side and all. Helps to imagine they have a Sims style infected diamond hovering above their heads. All it takes is one cough. If you're comfy at home, just keep looking out of the window for a few weeks.

There isn't any real social distancing going on in central Bangkok apart from the fact that some places are closed. I am working from home but popped out earlier to 7/11 etc. Street sellers everywhere, people queuing to buy food and drinks etc and quite a few people not wearing masks. Without real enforcement this won't change. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's tempting isn't it?

I understand how serious this is. If this goes exponential, nothing is going to stop it. I will stay at home, keep mine and my families health first above anything else. This morning I sat out the front of my house and had a coffee. I watched all the cars go past my place as I am on a main road. Seeing workers herded into cars to go to work (in back of trucks) as per normal. I have thousands of cars go past my place every day and nothing has changed. Yes, I do understand that just about everyone of these people must work or they won't have food on the table but something just isn't right if this is what we call a state of emergency. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I never saw one policeman anywhere on my route

Fear  not on the 250km drive from BKK to Pranburi turning off at the Cha Am turning and going thru HUA  HIN wife  reports  not  one single checkpoint  all the way yesterday from  5pm to 8pm on arrival

• Like 1

Here in Luang Prabang (north Laos), there has only been 1 person identified as having the virus.  But everyone (except the few remaining foreign tourists) seems to be taking the risk seriously.  All shops are ordered closed, except for banks, pharmacies and the one supermarket.  Everyone must wear a mask and use hand-sanitizer at the entrance of the shop, and have their temperature measured.  All shop staff wear mask, eye glasses and gloves. The pharmacy is shrouded by plastic sheeting, with a small hole to buy your medicines.  Red lines have been drawn at shop entrances and check-outs to indicate the distance to keep apart.