Siam Makro's doors closed for those not wearing face mask

webfact

40 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

If you come to my shop then it is up to you to abide by my rules to be able to enter my shop and that is not only in Thailand but in the so called 1st world countries like UK, US and Australia. Many on here just like to whinge and moan because things are not given to them as if they own the place. Do what a lot of you say about the Thai's. Take responsibility for your own health and safety and if you want to enter a store then abide by whatever rules they put in place.

Or vote with your wallet full of cash waving bye bye to any purchasing now or EVER with you or similar shop again!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

So Denim, it's "you can get a beating or a whooping - which would you prefer?"

That's what you are saying.

How about the logical choice that masks are good to prevent coughs and sneezes from spreading germs to others, but if you're not sick/sneezing/coughing YOU DONT NEED TO WEAR A MASK.

SO many people on this forum choose to OBEY BLINDLY. DONT QUESTION AUTHORITY. I don't know where in the world that has ever worked out to the positive. Repeat - Stazi-SS-KGB-CIA-and the whole list of the rest.

You missed out yourself.................:crazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/27/2020 at 3:18 PM, darksidedog said:

Ludicrous. Face masks which mostly aren't doing anything to prevent people getting the virus and which around where I am, can't be purchased anyway, as hoarders have bought the whole lot. So without one of these useless masks, you can't even buy groceries! I can't wait for the next gem of idiocy to come along.

Well said.

• Thanks 1

I want to thank the Macro in Prachuap Khiri Khan for their quick profession response to the threat of the virus. I was amazed that starting very early they taken many steps to keep thier stores safe for their customers and employees.  For the last month they have wiped down their shopping carts with alcohol, provide hand gel and took your temperate upon entering the store. They also rearranged their whole store and closed down isles, in order to help with the cleaning, and now focus on food and essentials. They seem to be handle this with a military efficiency and a plan. Even though I don't put much stock in mask have to bring one to the store is a small incovienece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:17 PM, drbeach said:

Well said.

No, it is not ludicrous it I the only sensible ting to do, when there are still people like you out there who doesn’t care. If two people without mask and, and one infected, the infected one cough the other person has it too. Coronavirus infects others with tiny droplets. The mask can prevent that if both are wearing a mask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, sitti said:

This is the example of dirty farang. Just wear the fking mask. Nobody care if wearing mask makes you harder to breath or uncomfortable. Sure, mask is not 100% perfect, but not 100% useless either. You need to re-educate yourself if you really believe it's totally useless. Wearing mask helps people around you from getting sick and vice versa. 

You are absolutely right a lot of people here need to be re-educated what a lot of stupidity many write here. Everyone should wear a mask and will do If they are intelligent

Edited by Misab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the posters on this thread are seriously a danger to others and all for the sake of having a selfish attitude.

The reason why most people are wearing masks is not to prevent them catching the virus, it is to stop them giving the virus to others.

During the early stages the virus there is no way of knowing that you are infected and as such you can unknowingly infect others.

The idea of the mask is to block the virus from being expelled from the carrier and being passed on, rather than acting as an incoming block.

The vast majority of available masks are not designed/capable as an incoming block but as an outgoing block, even a bandanna over the mouth and nose is a better prevention than nothing.

In Europe where many of the rules are being broken the virus is spreading like wildfire and they are now facing major problems.

Within Thailand the virus is having trouble taking hold because the majority of Thais are taking this very seriously and are following the rules strictly.

This shows that wearing a mask does help to prevent the spread of this virus.

At the end of the day the mask may or may not be our saviour but really, what harm would it do to wear one as a precaution?

Please wise up and wear a mask in public.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Thanks 1

"In Europe where many of the rules are being broken the virus is spreading like wildfire and they are now facing major problems."

You mean like Sweden where no one is jackbooted into closures or mask wearing? 

Worldwide deaths per day
Cancer – 26,000
Heart disease – 25,800
Diabetes complications – 4,400
Suicide – 2,000
Mosquitoes – 1,200
Homicides – 1,270
Snake bites (certainly under-reported) – 378
--- World Health Organization

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Misab said:

You are absolutely right a lot of people here need to be re-educated what a lot of stupidity many write here. Everyone should wear a mask and will do If they are intelligent

Intelligent people follow the recommendations given by WHO and not the opinions of random posters on Internet forums.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, Trujillo said:

"In Europe where many of the rules are being broken the virus is spreading like wildfire and they are now facing major problems."

You mean like Sweden where no one is jackbooted into closures or mask wearing? 

Worldwide deaths per day

Cancer – 26,000
Heart disease – 25,800
Diabetes complications – 4,400
Suicide – 2,000
Mosquitoes – 1,200
Homicides – 1,270
Snake bites (certainly under-reported) – 378
--- World Health Organization

Ah, you understand figures do you?

Let's try this then:

Sweden

Population: 10.1 million.

First confirmed case: 4 February 2020.

Total confirmed cases: 4,435

Deaths: 180

Thailand 

Population: 69.04 million.

First confirmed case: 13 January 2020.

Total confirmed cases: 1,651

Deaths: 10

Looking at these figures one would guess that the precautions that Thais are carrying out are far more effective than the precautions that the Swedes are not carrying out.

Given the severity of this matter, maybe being jackbooted into closures or mask wearing may be the better way forward than playing ignorant to the facts.

Edited by Bert got kinky