Siam Makro's doors closed for those not wearing face mask

webfact

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

masks and the vaccine are the mark of the beast. 

without them you get nothing. 

umm yea...

serious question: IF a mandatory vax was started for all to include foreigners, would you take the shot?

2 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

umm yea...

serious question: IF a mandatory vax was started for all to include foreigners, would you take the shot?

i would do my best to avoid it. but i don't see how it could be avoided in Thailand unless you bribed a doctor. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

Now I think, self, would he have just put that piece back in the pile if I wasn't obviously looking at him, like I saw a WORKER do at another time? Or, would he just take it home and cook it? or is he shopping for restaurant food?

What you don't see you don't worry about..try to forget you saw it :sick:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, simon43 said:

This thread reminds me of one reason why I'm happy to have left Thailand ==> there are too many moaning farangs who like to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Just wear the damn masks!!!

Agreed lot of moaning farangs. I just saw that 711 now requires it too. Not a problem gf brought some masks. Not hard to do wear a mask even if it does not help it does not harm either but it will comfort some people.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, simon43 said:

This thread reminds me of one reason why I'm happy to have left Thailand ==> there are too many moaning farangs who like to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Just wear the damn masks!!!

Yeah, man, but your description of Laos, plastic cover over the pharmacy with a hole in the middle, red marks for social distancing, that doesn't exactly sound like paradise.

I left Germany to get away from all the rules, but it's getting worse in SE Asia. It's ridiculous.

And no, I will not wear a mask. Unless the air requires it.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Well, just spoke to my 86 year old mother. Nobody forced to wear masks but everybody has to stay at home unless vital to go out. Police are stopping motorists to check that they have a good reason to be driving. At her local Co op , 500 meters away , no masks but only 5 people allowed in the store at a time. Everyone else has to queue outside keeping two meters apart and not chatting to each other.

The streets are almost deserted.

Maybe people would prefer this system at Makro. I wouldn't because I don't find it a massive difficulty , expense or inconvenience  to wear a mask but clearly this is all to much for some people so the queuing outside might suit them better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Chazar said:

i  only  go out naked , unshaven unwashed and filthy.............what else would you expect from scum like  me......did  I mention the alcoholism?

ps  gloves  with  blood  on is  not a  safe  hygienic  practice????

OMG! That was YOU!!!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

umm yea...

That's how the zombie apocalypse starts.

(I Am Legend)

Edited by BritManToo

32 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

and a bash at the global stupidity with what is seeming more and more like, just another flu, only not as lethal as previous variants. It is just another example of extreme over reaction.

Oh no, you haven't started watching THOSE YouTubes have you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

so do they sell you one if there are none for sale anywhere?

Makro? It seems not from the OP.

Since I will be visiting our local outlet tomorrow AM (mask in pocket) I will report.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And strangely, you keep going back... and watching them...

It's either that or eat the mother in laws food and I've vowed to die before that happens so hunger will drive me to do strange things as long as it not eating the MIL's food!

• Haha 1

The one I went to only allow 10 people at a time.  They clean all the trolleys after each customer and check your temperature.

I want to wear a full gas mask with eye shield and gloves but my girlfriend said ''no one wear dat!''.

I have ordered the gloves though.

Edited by johnray
  • Haha 2

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

It's either that or eat the mother in laws food and I've vowed to die before that happens so hunger will drive me to do strange things as long as it not eating the MIL's food!

Sound reasoning. Luckily my MiL brought up her most beautiful and talented daughter to be a great cook so the ol' buzzard yai stays out of the krua unless she wants to make something totally foul and disgusting. She usually waits till the house is empty before she does that.

In hindsight, maybe Mrs Nan HAD to become the best cook if the alternative was eating yai's fixings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I think you missed my biggest point being that whether they are any good or not, doesn't matter when there aren't any to buy. It matters not if it is 1% effective or greater when you can't get one due to insufficient supplies and people buying every one they can find, preventing others from being able to do so.

Makro are aware there is a shortage, so not the wisest of moves it could be argued.

As for suggesting it was a Thai bash, I disagree. A Makro bash and a bash at the global stupidity with what is seeming more and more like, just another flu, only not as lethal as previous variants. It is just another example of extreme over reaction.

Anyone who says they can't find a mask has not been trying or looking hard enough, you may have to pay more than you should but they are out there. We got so tired of paying over the odds for them that my wife made a few heavy duty cotton ones that have removable insert filters, 3M Filtrette works well and is rated for PM 2.5.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Wearing a mask is unlikely to do any harm.

If a place requires it, just wear one.

Our office requires masks "at all times", most are interpreting that as "all times when moving around" so sitting at your desk staring at your PC, no mask.

Those in BKK can buy re-usable masks at many BTS and MRT stations (masks required if you want to ride If a place requires it, just wear one. the train).

"If a place requires it, just wear one." 

Yes , but if that place is a shop like Makro or others  they should have them for sale  as they require them

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Luckily outside the door of the postoffice was an optical stand, think sponsored by the government, and the lady gave me such a mask for free,

Yes because 100 baht for a mask is far above your budget right?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Ludicrous. Face masks which mostly aren't doing anything to prevent people getting the virus and which around where I am, can't be purchased anyway, as hoarders have bought the whole lot. So without one of these useless masks, you can't even buy groceries! I can't wait for the next gem of idiocy to come along.

I believe if you were to check with the export section at Thai Customs, they'd likely have more than enough of what you need!!!  All boxed and palleted, reading for shipping to foreign countries....

• Like 1