Siam Makro's doors closed for those not wearing face mask

webfact

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

It's the same in Spain, only worse, you have to wear a mask AND gloves while shopping.

In Germany still no such rules.

They make it up as they go along.

Germany has no masks, same as their neighbours...they are the richest countries of the world and also the most stupid ones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

It is true that there is a shortage of medical masks in the supermarket. But as always in Thailand, my little wife found in Chiang Mai a person who occupies her unemployment time by making models in very suitable fabrics, reusable, various colors, 3 sizes to choose and everything and everything ... 20, 25 and 30 b each.

Back in our house near Nakhon Sawan, a vaguely seamstress neighbor also equipped all the people.

For me it is clear that the shortage excuse does not hold, except for those who live in a western bubble and refuse any local contact.

All Thai pharmacies and others are whiteout supply , have 2 orders running for delivery by Lazada and AliExpress  both orders have to come from.....guess.... yes ..China !

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

All Thai pharmacies and others are whiteout supply , have 2 orders running for delivery by Lazada and AliExpress  both orders have to come from.....guess.... yes ..China !

Shortages of masks is highly exaggerated. ???????? Mrs vogie cannot make them fast enough.

IMG_20200327_172237.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Yes because 100 baht for a mask is far above your budget right?!

100 Baht for a mask as in the picture is not only above my budget, it is a rip off - thieving - scam and whatever other dirty word you can apply to it.

Premium Ear-loop FACE MASK (Level-2) for dental offices medical ...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

Shortages of masks is highly exaggerated. ???????? Mrs vogie cannot make them fast enough.

IMG_20200327_172237.jpg

So you sell them to China …?? 5555 , so that is why not here available …..LOL, bring a truckload to Pattaya , go stand on the night markets and I assure you'r sold out , as now even on Theprasit market a line with colored flags around it and at entrance temperature measuring for ….. mostly farangs …. Thai 50/50 checking 

????

Or better it seems the U.K. would be grateful more to you to bring your factory supply ….????

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

This thread reminds me of one reason why I'm happy to have left Thailand ==> there are too many moaning farangs who like to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Just wear the damn masks!!!

I have facial hair which renders the face mask 100% useless. Also I cannot see as the mask causes my glasses to fog up.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Susco said:

100 Baht for a mask as in the picture is not only above my budget, it is a rip off - thieving - scam and whatever other dirty word you can apply to it.

The govt approved price for that kind of cheap mask is supposed to be about 2 baht per piece...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I have facial hair which renders the face mask 100% useless. Also I cannot see as the mask causes my glasses to fog up.

So shave... and then... learn how to adjust the mask so it doesn't fog you... With N95 masks at least, you can do that.

With the drugstore kind, it doesn't matter whether you shave or not, because they're not airtight anyway.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

i saw them today for 10 for 170 baht. Lots of choice of material ones about

Should mention the location then where ?….. would be welcome to join this new fashion style 

• Like 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You talking about the homemade cloth kind that the Thai govt has been promoting lately...in the absence of all else?

10 for 170 baht are the surgeon type masks in the photo above, i only saw them in one shop in Pattaya, but the material ones made by the street seamstress women are everywhere, range from 20-40baht

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Should mention the location then where ?….. would be welcome to join this new fashion style 

The material ones which can be washed can be bought from seamstress women on soi buakhao, also i see masks for sale on Pattaya Tai from the shops where the market is

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

10 for 170 baht are the surgeon type masks in the photo above, i only saw them in one shop in Pattaya, but the material ones made by the street seamstress women are everywhere, range from 20-40baht

OH …, you are allowed to wonder around in Pattaya not following government rules …..? as I stay inside just go  out to buy Tesco /Big C …..you see the contradictions more and more from this Gov. …? ????

As I even before don't find a "cloths repair garage shop" where I live in Jomtien ????

Edited by david555

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

OH …, you are allowed to wonder around in Pattaya not following government rules …..? as I stay inside just go  out to buy Tesco /Big C …..you see the contradictions more and more from this Gov. …? ????

As I even before don't find a "cloths repair garage shop" where I live in Jomtien ????

The Chonburi rules allow it

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/03/27/chonburi-governor-announces-new-restrictions-changes-in-latest-order-to-help-prevent-covid19-spread/

Edited by scubascuba3

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Chonburi rules allow it

Pattaya rules also ?? ????, as now it looks like they go territory by territory ….tribal almost and changed by hour !

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, saengd said:

Yet another Thai bash I see DSD, any excuse I suppose!

I'm not going to link to any one of the many articles that contradict your statements, nor am I going to point out the many benefits of wearing a mask such as keeping ones germs to oneself and preventing wearers from touching their mouths, I will just say that anything that offers me even a 1% greater protection at this time, gets my vote.

wear  platform shoes  then, the extra height will  make sure  at least some of the virus in a  cough  will  miss  your  mouth.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Susco said:

You're free to go to any other shop which has a better deal...we have for 2000 baht moutmasks in house, did you hear me complain about that?

• Sad 1

This is the right thing to do.  The masks do keep us safer.  We don't know who has been exposed to the virus.  The problem of course, is people reusing the masks, then touching the front of their masks to take them off etc.  I noticed this happening a lot.  You are supposed to take them off using the rubber on the sides.  Anyhow, the masks also are a reminder not to touch your face.  The only reason we were told initially, not to wear a mask is because, of the shortage in many counties around the world.  

• Like 1

Yeah, man, but your description of Laos, plastic cover over the pharmacy with a hole in the middle, red marks for social distancing, that doesn't exactly sound like paradise.

I don't think social distancing, self-isolation and following good health practices is intended to be 'paradise'..... it's common-sense!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, erinsf said:

The only reason we were told initially, not to wear a mask is because, of the shortage in many counties around the world.  

And that's a huge huge shame for the very rich European countries who have loads of cash on the shelf for healthcare.