Siam Makro's doors closed for those not wearing face mask

webfact

7 minutes ago, fruitman said:

And that's a huge huge shame for the very rich European countries who have loads of cash on the shelf for healthcare.

The WHO suggests not using masks because of the shortage for health care workers because of using disposable masks for no reason.

Just now, darksidedog said:

So without one of these useless masks, you can't even buy groceries!

That's not exactly true, you could always go to another shop for your groceries, Makro's not the only place to shop, or order online.  There's plenty of masks available on Shopee if you bothered to look, at least there were a couple of days ago, I had some delivered today.

• Like 2

Just now, FarFlungFalang said:

You can still use your hands to sort through the meats until you find a piece you like then move on to do the same for the chicken as I see nearly everytime I go there!

It's ok, not many people eat their meat raw these days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I just checked this site, they have loads of N95 masks for sale, ship from the UK or USA and many more.....good prices as well..

https://www.gearbest.com/sale/N95-Mask/

some of those masks don't seem to be advertised correctly and some of the pricing is an absolute rip off. this is a criticism of the site not you.

• Like 1

Just now, david555 said:

have 2 orders running for delivery by Lazada and AliExpress  both orders have to come from.....guess.... yes ..China !

"have 2 orders running for delivery by Lazada..."

That's interesting.  How did you manage that bearing in mind that Lazada doesn't have masks listed for sale?   They have a recorded message on their phone that confirms that also and offers apologies.

Edited by Just Weird

6 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

some of those masks don't seem to be advertised correctly and some of the pricing is an absolute rip off. this is a criticism of the site not you.

I see, but N95 is N95 right? And it's not a ripoff imo because i paid also a high price for my 3M N95 masks...

But in these days i thought they were sold out worldwide so i was amazed that they are still easy available...If i needed them in thailand i would order those instead of the silly ones from the thai government. Or let somebody ship them to me.

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I see, but N95 is N95 right? And it's not a ripoff imo because i paid also a high price for my 3M N95 masks...

But in these days i thought they were sold out worldwide so i was amazed that they are still easy available...If i needed them in thailand i would order those instead of the silly ones from the thai government. Or let somebody ship them to me.

I paid 790 baht for 50 units 3M N95 masks including free shipping. Made in Singapore. I see local pharmacies selling the masks to foreigners for 395 Baht per piece...

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

Chinese are making a killing on the back of people who are in need.

Gearbest is well known to sell copy goods

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"have 2 orders running for delivery by Lazada..."

That's interesting.  How did you manage that bearing in mind that Lazada don't allow masks for sale through them.   They have a recorded message on their phone that confirms that also.

To be honest they mention  "must come from over sea " that's their line on the order , so they don't say litteraly China , besides over sea is not needed from China , but could be (transit China to Singapore as tracking shows …SNG and then to Thai.) on their website they show the origin mostly , as also in their order search  list can choose from where you are looking to buy from example local or x ...y  z

As same for Aliexpress route ...

Edited by david555

Back on topic.

Makro, Pathum Thani, 6.45 AM today. 

No mask - no entry.

No masks on sale either at the door or inside the store.

I didn't see anyone get rejected - the locals do seem to have received the email.

It was a lot busier than usual at this time, but apart from eggs and Frosties I got everything on Madam's list.

• Like 1

I visited Pattaya Makro this Morning and I was the only person in there without a mask. We were temperature checked from a distance and also supplied with hand gel. The Australian government’s chief medical officer suggests that if you are healthy than wearing a mask is not advisable????????????

15 hours ago, david555 said:

"If a place requires it, just wear one." 

Yes , but if that place is a shop like Makro or others  they should have them for sale  as they require them

Yeah, but even if they did sell them, you wouldn't be allowed in to buy one without a mask on   ????

Actually, the people moaning about never going into Makro again just because of a mask should have taken the time to read the first post.

"However, the mall will provide seats for those who do not wear masks, and ask its staff to take their shopping orders."

Sounds perfect to me, just hand them your list and sit back and relax. (Unless of course you're a chicken breast squeezer).

Edited by nahkit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, riclag said:

A Mask  might "help" prevent that long pinky nail ,that some Thai's have from digging

It will definitely help to avoid breathing in the droplets from other people's coughs and sneezes - and up here in Chiang Mai avoid breathing in some of the world beating air pollution which is already weakening lungs among the local population, making them more vulnerable.

I stopped yesterday in the big PTT servo in Rattanawapi.

I went to the pharmacy there’s to buy some eye drops, they were not letting anyone in the store, however you could state your order and they will bring to the door. I noticed a box by the door that contained single masks in sealed plastic. They were 59baht each so I bought three. They were quite heavy cotton material, elasticated  and very tight fitting, obviously washable too.

Dont think anything will get through these but it looks like I am wearing a bikini bottom on my face. Now that’s an idea.

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

Yeah, but even if they did sell them, you wouldn't be allowed in to buy one without a mask on   ????

Actually, the people moaning about never going into Makro again just because of a mask should have taken the time to read the first post.

"However, the mall will provide seats for those who do not wear masks, and ask its staff to take their shopping orders."

Sounds perfect to me, just hand them your list and sit back and relax. (Unless of course you're a chicken breast squeezer).

If we all did that it would be quick arranged by selling masks or stop the requirement ….

I think you did not read my remark ….. if they sell them I would put it on  …. just only already to please them as we see what happened to good old Boris by not putting them on and still shaking hands … ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Ludicrous. Face masks which mostly aren't doing anything to prevent people getting the virus and which around where I am, can't be purchased anyway, as hoarders have bought the whole lot. So without one of these useless masks, you can't even buy groceries! I can't wait for the next gem of idiocy to come along.

The report says they'll fetch your shopping for you. But that can't really work if you're buying fresh produce, where you choose exactly what to buy. As for making you wear a mask, it makes them feel as if they're doing something good, even though it's pretty much pointless, same as their temperature checks. Imagine is everything ,even if completely pointless and ineffective.

On a similar theme, I was refused entry to a Home Shop furniture and building supplies warehouse yesterday, on the grounds that I am not Thai and might have brought the virus from Europe. I haven't been in Europe for nearly three years, but that didn't matter. I was given a chair to sit on while my wife shopped after returning to me outside with photos of what she thought we needed. Also, in this massive building, there was only one person who could sell us paint and he wasn't there, so we need to make a 100 km round trip to return there. Actually, she not we, as I'm banned for not being Thai.

Apparently, the paint man works for Dulux, not Home Shop. It is also often the case in places like Power Buy that the person assisting you and guiding you to a particular model doesn't actually work for Power Buy but Samsung, LG etc. Rather sneaky, as you are led to believe you are getting impartial advice and you are not. Just another example of Fake Thailand, things not being what they seem to be, smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Brer said:

I noticed a box by the door that contained single masks in sealed plastic. They were 59baht each so I bought three. They were quite heavy cotton material, elasticated  and very tight fitting, obviously washable too.

Dont think anything will get through these but it looks like I am wearing a bikini bottom on my face. Now that’s an idea.

The army of seamstresses you see on Sois are making these, i bought a couple for 45 baht in Pattaya, prices start at 20 baht and yes they use any material they have, pajamas, boxers, shorts, whatever

If you come to my shop then it is up to you to abide by my rules to be able to enter my shop and that is not only in Thailand but in the so called 1st world countries like UK, US and Australia. Many on here just like to whinge and moan because things are not given to them as if they own the place. Do what a lot of you say about the Thai's. Take responsibility for your own health and safety and if you want to enter a store then abide by whatever rules they put in place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny I was in Makro (another store) yesterday. Myself and one Thai man were the only ones not wearing these unless face masks. We were let in, but I don't know if they turned others away. My temperature which was checked was normal.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

If you come to my shop then it is up to you to abide by my rules to be able to enter my shop and that is not only in Thailand but in the so called 1st world countries like UK, US and Australia. Many on here just like to whinge and moan because things are not given to them as if they own the place. Do what a lot of you say about the Thai's. Take responsibility for your own health and safety and if you want to enter a store then abide by whatever rules they put in place.

not because of your shop rules ….. but because your outspoken explained attitude it would give your shop a pass 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The army of seamstresses you see on Sois are making these, i bought a couple for 45 baht in Pattaya, prices start at 20 baht and yes they use any material they have, pajamas, boxers, shorts, whatever

I hope they wash first those boxers ,pajamas,shorts, whatever …. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Denim said:

Well, just spoke to my 86 year old mother. Nobody forced to wear masks but everybody has to stay at home unless vital to go out. Police are stopping motorists to check that they have a good reason to be driving. At her local Co op , 500 meters away , no masks but only 5 people allowed in the store at a time. Everyone else has to queue outside keeping two meters apart and not chatting to each other.

The streets are almost deserted.

Maybe people would prefer this system at Makro. I wouldn't because I don't find it a massive difficulty , expense or inconvenience  to wear a mask but clearly this is all to much for some people so the queuing outside might suit them better.

So Denim, it's "you can get a beating or a whooping - which would you prefer?"

That's what you are saying.

How about the logical choice that masks are good to prevent coughs and sneezes from spreading germs to others, but if you're not sick/sneezing/coughing YOU DONT NEED TO WEAR A MASK.

SO many people on this forum choose to OBEY BLINDLY. DONT QUESTION AUTHORITY. I don't know where in the world that has ever worked out to the positive. Repeat - Stazi-SS-KGB-CIA-and the whole list of the rest.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The report says they'll fetch your shopping for you. But that can't really work if you're buying fresh produce, where you choose exactly what to buy. As for making you wear a mask, it makes them feel as if they're doing something good, even though it's pretty much pointless, same as their temperature checks. Imagine is everything ,even if completely pointless and ineffective.

On a similar theme, I was refused entry to a Home Shop furniture and building supplies warehouse yesterday, on the grounds that I am not Thai and might have brought the virus from Europe. I haven't been in Europe for nearly three years, but that didn't matter. I was given a chair to sit on while my wife shopped after returning to me outside with photos of what she thought we needed. Also, in this massive building, there was only one person who could sell us paint and he wasn't there, so we need to make a 100 km round trip to return there. Actually, she not we, as I'm banned for not being Thai.

Apparently, the paint man works for Dulux, not Home Shop. It is also often the case in places like Power Buy that the person assisting you and guiding you to a particular model doesn't actually work for Power Buy but Samsung, LG etc. Rather sneaky, as you are led to believe you are getting impartial advice and you are not. Just another example of Fake Thailand, things not being what they seem to be, smoke and mirrors.

vote with your wallet and tell them to bleep off!

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

which might be good for stopping diesel particulates and dust, but microbe sized germs, a JOKE.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1