Ferry service

I have some guests who have come from Koh Tao. They are sorting out visa extensions.

They tell me that there is one Lomprayah ferry a day from Maenam to Koh Tao. Leaves the Pralarn pier at 12.30

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have some guests who have come from Koh Tao. They are sorting out visa extensions.

They tell me that there is one Lomprayah ferry a day from Maenam to Koh Tao. Leaves the Pralarn pier at 12.30

Since March 29 – my observation and post here – I've not seen the 12:30 Lomprayah catamaran ferry depart from the Maenam Pier. I double checked today, because of this post, but stil no activity at all at 12:50, all ferries stay put by the pier. I would normally hear the ferry very clearly when speeding up around 12:40.

I would advise to check with the ferry company before planning on using it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Since March 29 – my observation and post here – I've not seen the 12:30 Lomprayah catamaran ferry depart from the Maenam Pier. I double checked today, because of this post, but stil no activity at all at 12:50, all ferries stay put by the pier. I would normally hear the ferry very clearly when speeding up around 12:40.

I would advise to check with the ferry company before planning on using it.

Well, they checked out of the villa at 11.00. They told the driver to take them to Lomprayah at Pralarn Pier (I saw the ferry tickets) and I have nor heard anything back since.

I am not doubting you khenPer but they seem to have managed to leave Samui. They have not contacted us yet to be let back into the villa.

Maybe the ferry is going from the Nathon Pier and has a bus service to transfer between piers??? That would sort of make sense???

As an aside, as part of their visa extension process, the immigration people on Samui spoke to the landlords of their properties on Koh Tao where they said that they were staying, to confirm that they were staying there. I think that this is part of the Koh Tao lock down/quarantine process.

• Like 1