Great time to buy a condo in Pattaya

Mother of all devaluations is coming. I am generally against owning real estate in Thailand, but depressed Pattaya looks like a great buy.

I'd buy gold, but kinda risky putting it under the mattress. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On March 27, 2020 at 6:46 PM, NCC1701A said:

people will be walking away from condos when they can no longer pay the common area fees and utilities because they have no money at all. 

that is blood in the streets.

that is when you buy.

Condo rents are going to 2500- 4000 baht for two bedroom sea view next year.

Don't you just hate when some expert blows smoke up your <deleted>?????????

Next up will be the BUY Bitcoin sign........geez.....????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 7:40 AM, billaaa777 said:

That's just a crazy statement! What point are you trying to make

What point dont you understand? He is stating that the condo prices will fall from the virus....

On 3/27/2020 at 6:46 PM, NCC1701A said:

people will be walking away from condos when they can no longer pay the common area fees and utilities because they have no money at all. 

that is blood in the streets.

that is when you buy.

Condo rents are going to 2500- 4000 baht for two bedroom sea view next year.

sorry but its time to wake up now lol

On 3/27/2020 at 4:37 PM, Pravda said:

I'd buy gold, but kinda risky putting it under the mattress. 

If you are so flush with extra cash that you can buy physical gold, that's exactly what you should be doing. In most countries the supply of physical gold is limited and gold dealers can't find any to sell. I'm not sure what the supply is like in Thailand, but if they have it, and you can afford it, get it while you can. I suspect if they haven't already, they will soon run out of it... bars, not jewelry, but the premium cost of jewelry is not cost effective for investment unless you're super desperate to get your hands on some.

On Tuesday last week (March 24), the spread on gold trading on the FX market with my broker went from a normal 0 - 10 points to over 2000 points at one point (buy-sell spread of $21 per ounce) and settling down to an average of around 300 points for most of the week, rendering gold trading impossible. This was attributed to a worldwide shortage of physical gold. If you can find it, and you can afford it, get it! It closed at US $1621.60 on Friday but has ranged from $1450 to $1700 over the last 2 weeks. Where it is going on Monday is anyone's guess, but my guess is it ready to skyrocket.

There are ways to store it, so that's no excuse.

Buying a condo in Thailand, no matter what the price, is the last thing you should do right now, although there will be no end of hungry real estate agents suggesting the opposite.

• Like 2