It's the End of the World, time for Zombie Pandemic movies.

BritManToo

On 3/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, Crossy said:

I've just started re-watching the brilliant BBC 1975 series "Survivors".

Story precis - Deadly virus escapes from (looks awfully Chinese) lab, almost everybody dies.

Series 1-2-3 available from:- TVChaos

Subs available from:- opensubtitles

:smile:

Edited by Daffy D
Layout!
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

You can find it on T2 ;

I don't give you the link here because it's forbidden to write about torrents 

PM if you want .

Thanks guys,

Got all 3 seasons of Survivors from 1975 and the Remake 2 seasons from 2008.

Just finished Season 1 of the remake.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:37 AM, BritManToo said:
On 3/28/2020 at 12:35 AM, NCC1701A said:

don't forget the original "The Omega Man"

The original 'Omega Man' was called 'Last man on Earth' 1964 with Vincent Price.

Charlton Heston 'Omega Man' was a remake.

and of course the more recently renamed remake;  Will Smith I am Legend... 

I think still the V.P 1964 original was more poignant (and it was colourised too) 

but the world cannot end...  not yet!

Humanity must have at least another Season left in her

The Last Man On Earth has 'paused' on a cliffhanger

image.jpeg.b72e410a722a1302da6e91104b7031da.jpeg

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

Are vampires considered zombies? If so, then watch "The fearless vampire killers" by Polanski (no intro nor comment needed) starring, ahem, Sharon Tate... A truly scary vampire-comedy if there ever was one. Then, for main course, serve "Let the right one in" (the original, not american remake) a modern masterpiece. Anf if you are still feeling somewhat "asymptomatic," then go on with  John Carpenter's "The Thing".

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:35 PM, NCC1701A said:

don't forget the original "The Omega Man"

That is ANthony Zerbe as the announcer, and after as Matthias; The Bad Guy. A great actor, character actor, for all his career, in a lot of films. Maybe that is the reason but one of the neatest, nicest guy you could ever meet. I believe he is still alive too. 

I did the 1971 double; The Omega Man and The Andromeda Strain. 

a6b5bc8e5ca977a881c9e57147da6840.jpg

Edited by LomSak27

The new War Of The Worlds series. Also The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead series.

Best end of the world alien invasion movie EVER...Mars Attacks! The movie is hilarious and may have the All-Star cast of All-Time. Including Jack Nicholson, Glenn Close, Michael J Fox, Annette Benning, Pierce Brosnan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Tom Jones, Jim Brown, Natalie Portman, Martin Short, Danny Devito, Jack Black, Joe Don Baker, Pam Grier, Christina Applegate and others! ????

:cheesy:

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, Crossy said:

I've just started re-watching the brilliant BBC 1975 series "Survivors".

Story precis - Deadly virus escapes from (looks awfully Chinese) lab, almost everybody dies.

Nice one Crossy...

Coincidentally or not, zombieland movie was on tv last night.  The  beginning was kind of funny as the kid talks about how he survived.  1:  Cardio.  The slow fatties got run down in the first week by the zombies.

But with a little seriousness, taking care of oneself and trying to stay healthy is not to be under estimated.  An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  Better health, no smoking, no vaping, greatly helps prevent lung cancer, and helps with flu and other respiratory issues.

I believe you will find that so many people that die in the end, while their heart may have given out, it is because of stress from their horribly degraded lungs.  They can not oxygenate.  The heart tries to compensate and push more of the low oxygen content blood.  My dad was miserable the last 3 years of his life, a consequence of his 40 years of chain smoking.  Dying is one thing, not being able to do things is one thing, but not being able to even walk up two steps, that's two steps, not two flights of steps, always having an oxygen concentrator in your nose is not the way to go out

Edited by gk10002000
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, Daffy D said:

Day of the Triffids  :thumbsup:

Great book, not so good tv series if I remember correctly. I think the triffids were a bit pathetic.

The guy that wrote that book also wrote one where creatures from the deep came up and killed everyone, but I don't think they made a series out of it. In fact he wrote many apocalyptic novels.

Level 7 was a great book.

On the Beach by Nevil Shute was made into a movie- that was pretty good at the time.

Heaps of movies about end of the world as we know it, but not all involving pandemics.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The guy that wrote that book also wrote one where creatures from the deep came up and killed everyone, but I don't think they made a series out of it. In fact he wrote many apocalyptic novels.

The Kraken Wakes ....... an undersea version of 'The War of the worlds'.

and his post nuclear war book 'The Chrysalids' was pretty good as well.

I think three books counts as 'a few' ..... not 'many'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1