Are 7-Elevens open as usual?

edwardandtubs

On 3/28/2020 at 12:18 AM, ratcatcher said:

If you don't know the A.M./P.M. hours, then try using the 24 hour clock correctly,    2200hrs to 0500hrs?

The 7-11 name should reflect the opening hours, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.   or 0700 to 2300 hrs.

I am pretty sure he meant the curfew hours were 22:00 to 05:00 not the opening hours.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 11:59 PM, lopburi3 said:

Believe they are in Bangkok but Chonburi seems to have set a curfew and some have armed police with automatic weapons at door (not sure what that is about - but make temperature check seem rather minor).

Maybe they were protecting the supplies of toilet paper?

They are open in Bangkok, and they are also still selling office supplies, apparently against the law. I went to Makro and tried to buy a ream of paper, only to be told that I can't purchase it when I tried to check out.  Yes, it was from a closed aisle, and I admit I ducked under the tape, but come on...this is stupid.

At 7-11 they were happy to sell me 50 sheets at twice the price I would have paid had Makro been willing to sell it to me.  Should we report CP to the police for violating the law?

14 hours ago, flexomike said:
On 3/28/2020 at 12:18 AM, ratcatcher said:

If you don't know the A.M./P.M. hours, then try using the 24 hour clock correctly,    2200hrs to 0500hrs?

The 7-11 name should reflect the opening hours, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.   or 0700 to 2300 hrs.

what he trying to say is 10:00PM to 5:00AM they will be closed, he did use the 24 hour clock correctly

but, rather than be distracted by the injected 24 vs 12 hours Furphy... why not instead concentrate on adopting what are the Opening hours, rather than the Closed hours?   

People only want to go there when 7-11 is Open!

On 3/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, lopburi3 said:

Believe they are in Bangkok but Chonburi seems to have set a curfew and some have armed police with automatic weapons at door (not sure what that is about - but make temperature check seem rather minor).

stop reading TV news, you don't understand them it seems ????

7 hours ago, roger buttmore said:

Closing 24-hour convenience stores for 7 hours only increases the numbers during the opening hours. 

I often go there during what are now the closed hours because I'm anti-social and don't like crowds.  Now I have to do my convenience shopping when it's more crowded.

These are becoming 'panic decisions' which make no sense at all.

The problem with going very late at night is that at that time there are a lot of young men around without masks, probably just back from an illegal party and more likely than anyone to be spreading the virus.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, lopburi3 said:

There's no curfew what so ever in Chonburi. But stores like 7/11 and Family Mart in Pattaya are closed

between 10pm and 5am because of an armed robbery earlier. Everything is on the news. 

Edited by Max69xl

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There's no curfew what so ever in Chonburi. But stores like 7/11 and Family Mart in Pattaya are closed

between 10pm and 5am because of an armed robbery earlier. Everything is on the news. 

Every store is closed in Pattaya from 22:00 to 05:00. That includes all supermarkets, 7 Elevens, Family Marts, Tesco Minis, Big C Minis - everything. It's a morgue after 22:00. Even the shopping malls are closed to all business other than take away food from restaurants. All Foodland stores are closed from 21:00 to 05:00. I'm not sure about the other supermarkets, but they are all closed after 22:00.

Along the very dark streets of Pattaya there were some 24-hour pharmacies still open, and a few small restaurants, but that was on Friday night. 

There were a few street vendors and roadside market stalls still open after 22:00 on Friday night.

Edited by tropo

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Then this news report is untrue?  Understand this applies to beach rather than entire land area but the beach is what most people think of.

Officers and volunteers approached groups of Thais and tourists congregating on the Pattaya Beach March 24, informing them of the 8 p.m. – 6 a.m. beach curfew.

Edited by lopburi3

I got my daily queen fix today, at gateway mall..cop at the entrance..lady scanning temps..I had just walked a me I. The blazing heat, so chilled for a minute or two..and was wearing a hat..no pompom.  

• Confused 1

On 3/27/2020 at 6:09 AM, david555 said:

Theprasit night market has lines with colored flags surrounded and at entrance a temperature post …. farangs temperature  almost all , Thais 50/50

7/11 from 22 to 5 clock  should be closed if order from Chonburi followed (not used to that  PM /AM thing as a European )

I always wonder if the people taking the temperature are carrying the virus.