BANGKOK
champers

Death by pneumonia.

Posted (edited)

Hearing from a source in England that the owner of a Northern Soul bar in Pattaya has passed away. Only in his 40s, the cause of death stated as pneumonia.

Edited by champers
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

As I have said in another thread, how many cases of Corona were officially recorded as death by pneumonia, particularly earlier on in the crisis.

I would think not too many deaths or severe (ICU) cases, otherwise leaks like this would be rampant. This is the second I've read to date, the first was from a month or two back in Phuket.

It does mean there are likely a lot of infections circulating in the region, but I think everyone knew that already.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

I would think not too many deaths or severe (ICU) cases, otherwise leaks like this would be rampant. This is the second I've read to date, the first was from a month or two back in Phuket.

It does mean there are likely a lot of infections circulating in the region, but I think everyone knew that already.

Are you taking into account the rural areas?  I am talking nation wide.  Not much ICU up North and North East.

Remember, we can't have anything tarnish Thailand's image as tourist destination.  🙂

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Are you taking into account the rural areas?  I am talking nation wide.  Not much ICU up North and North East.

Sure. I'm only thinking about the tourist hotspots, where the deaths or hospitalization are problematic to hide as family/friends at home would get suspicious when the person drops off the radar. I'm in touch with family daily, they would be protesting loudly if that ceased.

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

8 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Sure. I'm only thinking about the tourist hotspots, where the deaths or hospitalization are problematic to hide as family/friends at home would get suspicious when the person drops off the radar. I'm in touch with family daily, they would be protesting loudly if that ceased.

So, are you saying that corona virus deaths of Thai's up north don't count? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear that. It underlines the importance of taking this virus and disease seriously and not think it won't affect me. Now is not the time to be complacent particularly so when nearly all societies are paying a high price in lockdowns. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Remember, we can't have anything tarnish Thailand's image as tourist destination.  🙂

Can you give  some  evidence of the lack of  ICU  capacity in the  North Eastern Hospitals please.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Not too many ICU deaths because the elderly are not making it that far. Keep in mind that what we know of as ICU is nearly non existent in the rural and poorer areas.

Define  ICU  capacity  please.

OMG, I'm getting old and things are getting stranger.  I'm reading "The Eyes of Darkness" (OK if free) and now on a thread Death by pneumonia.  I know I'm gradually losing the plot, but maybe gradual is the wrong word.  I need to find a different "path."  555

• Like 1

With  all of the  paranoid variations  abounding from the  Covid-19 situation  it seems so convenient  in the  pursuance  of  dramatic interpretations of  causes  of  death  that such  alternative  causes do not actually  take an equivalent  break.

The other  prolific  causes  of death  stay unabated in finality but  so easily  attributed  by  observation of reported outcome to a  popular  singular cause !

• Like 1

all bets are off, there are only so many machines. imo in a short time period private hospitals will be opened to treat the Thais, as they should. Don't get sick and if you isolate you won't get sick or at least you'll greatly affect the odds of getting ill. Otherwise imo you're f***** no matter what insurance you have, you'll end up being treated in the parking lot. If I start drowning in my own fluids I'll just pull my own plug - better than being on a gurney next to a SUV (though it might be useful for shade purposes).. .

• Like 1