Death by pneumonia.

champers

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Why ask a question about a question? 

Is there  any  definitive statistic available to demonstrate  ICU  respiratory  intervention  capacity in any location  in Thailand?

Up There? Oh  !  The  poor  lands!

<deleted> !

Yeah.  Up there.  The poor lands.  Where most of the staff working in "hospitality" are returning to, and potentially introducing the virus to the village.

Oh, but Pattaya has plenty of respirators to go around.  Right? 

Oh, but insurance will pay for a respirator, so I will get one.  Right?

Wake up to yourself.

We are living in third world country.  When it hits the fan here, you are on your own. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, Leaver said:

So, are you saying that corona virus deaths of Thai's up north don't count? 

Not at all what I meant. I'm saying it's much easier for the government to hide/cover up the deaths up north, than deaths or hospitalization of tourists. There's also no reason to suppose it's more rampant in the north than tourist hotspots.

41 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yeah.  Up there.  The poor lands.  Where most of the staff working in "hospitality" are returning to, and potentially introducing the virus to the village.

Oh, but Pattaya has plenty of respirators to go around.  Right? 

Wake up to yourself.

We are living in third world country.  When it hits the fan here, you are on your own. 

I am not sure  where  you are  living but that is  bit  irrelevant overall . However I  am and have been  living in Thailand for a  reasonable  number of  years and  know it  to  be a country  that despite the  negatives  of  political situations  has progressively risen to and  achieved  the status of a well  developed  nation in most terms which  includes a community/ social  health system. That  there  is  a distortion  in  economic equality is moot if were to be honestly  compared  globally.

Despite  that  you are  not   likely  to  be aware   of the  fact that there are a  number  of   "Training"  hospitals distributed throughout  the  "up there"  regions. Consider  the why of that in  following   considerations.

Identifiable as being the  most  populated  area of Thailand outside  of urban  districts ,  associated prevalence  of socially  communicable  disease due and  complicated   to by social factors.

As  such it  presents  a medical buffet' in presentation  of health issues.

In the pursuit of  interventionist  medical learning  it therefore in terms  of  facilities   is  not so deficient in  resources as  some  might assume.

Thailand  at least  has not  yet to  consider the proposition  of  "Garbage Collectors" assigned  the role  of corpse  collection !

Edited by Dumbastheycome
Comparatives

44 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Wake up to yourself.

Advanced healthcare won't help once it's overwhelmed. Living in a country where not enough people take is seriously, is probably the single largest risk factor. I am not convinced Thailand is taking it seriously enough, but you could definitely do worse.

I read a report just today from Italy - people lining up at a store taking off their mask to have a cig. Defies belief.

Edited by jacob29
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Not at all what I meant. I'm saying it's much easier for the government to hide/cover up the deaths up north, than deaths or hospitalization of tourists. There's also no reason to suppose it's more rampant in the north than tourist hotspots.

Cases being reported by Shan language Facebook news pages infections brought in by returning redundant workers into the towns and villages in Shan State

Also well known by now around the Hill tribe villages Chiang Rai ..  brought in by returning workers from Korea the so called 'Pee Noi''

9 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

That  there  is  a distortion  in  economic equality is moot if were to be honestly  compared  globally.

Firstly, I don't care how long you have lived in Thailand, how many houses you have here, how well you speak Thai, if you have a Thai wife, if you have a tattoo of Buddha, if you wear an amulet, if you have a business here etc etc.  Foreigners all have the same "rights" here, which is close to ZERO.

It's hardly moot, but if you want to call the poorer Northerners dying, due to not receiving the same health care and facilities opportunities as their wealthy Southerner citizens, that's up to you.

There are now many interviews with doctors in Italy and in Spain, on TV, and circulating on the internet, where the doctor had to chose "the right to life."  Subsequently, elderly patients were removed from respirators and the respirators given to younger patients who has more chance of survival with them.

Whether you live in the North, South, East or West, IF you were to get the virus, and be one of the types of people it effects severely, you can not count on Thailand's health care system to be able to save you.  Like Italy and Spain, Thailand does not have the capacity, and no doubt, has much less capacity.

Particularly up north, all the health insurance in the world will not be able to make a respirator available to you, if there simply isn't one available.

Should you be in the South, in a big city, where respirators are available, where do you think an elderly foreigner would be in "the pecking order" for the use of a respirator????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Advanced healthcare won't help once it's overwhelmed. Living in a country where not enough people take is seriously, is probably the single largest risk factor. I am not convinced Thailand is taking it seriously enough, but you could definitely do worse.

I read a report just today from Italy - people lining up at a store taking off their mask to have a cig. Defies belief.

Exactly.

So, previously, here are the Thai's, at a critical point in the pandemic, still allowing tourism, thinking of the almighty baht.

Even this very day, the measures put in place are not strong enough.  This is sure to make Thailand, nation wide, a country that never flattened the curve, and eventually defeated mass infection.  This will see their tourism crippled for a long time.

Thailand's corona cases are unbelievably low.  In the past, Thailand could use the computer crimes act, defamation laws etc, to silence whistle blowers. 

They will not be able to cover their infection rates up with the cause of death being "pneumonia" for ever.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Firstly, I don't care how long you have lived in Thailand, how many houses you have here, how well you speak Thai, if you have a Thai wife, if you have a tattoo of Buddha, if you wear an amulet, if you have a business here etc etc.  Foreigners all have the same "rights" here, which is close to ZERO.

It's hardly moot, but if you want to call the poorer Northerners dying, due to not receiving the same health care and facilities opportunities as their wealthy Southerner citizens, that's up to you.

There are now many interviews with doctors in Italy and in Spain, on TV, and circulating on the internet, where the doctor had to chose "the right to life."  Subsequently, elderly patients were removed from respirators and the respirators given to younger patients who has more chance of survival with them.

Whether you live in the North, South, East or West, IF you were to get the virus, and be one of the types of people it effects severely, you can not count on Thailand's health care system to be able to save you.  Like Italy and Spain, Thailand does not have the capacity, and no doubt, has much less capacity.

Particularly up north, all the health insurance in the world will not be able to make a respirator available to you, if there simply isn't one available.

Should you be in the South, in a big city, where respirators are available, where do you think an elderly foreigner would be in "the pecking order" for the use of a respirator????

So you have knowledge of the distribution of  ICU respirator capacity in Thailand?

So if I were to be in a big city in the South as an elderly foreigner among a concentrated Thai populace and possibly/probably more likely to be  exposed to infection plus  being low in the "pecking order" for  access to a finite resource even in that big city would I be as doomed to die as I would staying up north in my single small comfortable rural bungalow where I can easily maintain isolation from risk thus avoiding  any  need  for access to a respirator that  you  declare  are not  "up there"  anyway?

Not more than  30 kilometers North , east, south  and west of my  location are 5 district hospitals of which 3  have been in recent years upgraded impressively and do indeed have small but fully equipped ICU. The provincial city has a very large public hospital which has also been upgraded over recent years and although I have  no information as to respirator capacity I am sure it exists. Similarly probably to the other two private hospitals.

However I am left confused as to your view unless it is a simply pessimistic and depressive expression of fatalism ?

2 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Not more than  30 kilometers North , east, south  and west of my  location are 5 district hospitals of which 3  have been in recent years upgraded impressively and do indeed have small but fully equipped ICU.

You answered your own question, "small but fully equipped."  The emphasis being on "small." 

The first part of your post is irrelevant.  Everyone should be self isolating, whether in the north, or the south. 

You seem to forget that thousands of Thai's have returned to Issan, from high risk southern tourists areas, due to lack of work. 

If not already there, the virus is coming to a village near you, so it doesn't matter how new and well equipped the hospitals are that are close to you, because you will soon be in a area unable to cope with the rising infection rates.  

Do you really think the Thai government is ramping up medical in Issan in readiness for this????  No, I didn't think so. 

Keep an eye out for the big rise in death caused by "pneumonia." ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

They will not be able to cover their infection rates up with the cause of death being "pneumonia" for ever.   

I don't think it will bother them too much, they are certainly unfazed by that other big killer...……...death by Honda Wave/Dream/Scoopy!

23 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I don't think it will bother them too much, they are certainly unfazed by that other big killer...……...death by Honda Wave/Dream/Scoopy!

Road safety is not a big concern for tourists in a coach bus, but I see the humor in your post.  ????

TAT can't "out spin" The World Health Organization on this one.  ????