60 day extension non imm O wife

Intending to take the wife to apply for a 60 day extension non imm o visa. Currently have a work permit but I just want to apply for the 60 day extension, not do an extension via the work permit as I want to keep my non o visa going in case my wp is cancelled (the company I work for may not reopen after the covid situation). Is the above okay and, I need also to submit a tm30. Will tm30  be done by the same io doing my extension or should I do the tm30 first at the new temporary immigration office and afterwards go to the main office to apply for the extension?

• Like 1

Do you have a 90 entry from a multiple entry non-o visa or a extension of stay based on marriage issued by immigration?

Since you mention a temporary office I assume you are located in Bangkok.

Not sure they are enforcing the TM30 form. Have you done one before since your last entry to the country?

If need one done you would to it at the temporary office then got to Chaeng Wattana to do the 60 day extension.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a 90 dau entry from a multiple entry non-o visa or a extension of stay based on marriage issued by immigration?

Not sure they are enforcing the TM30 form. Have you done one before since your last entry to the country?

If you need one done you would to it at the temporary office and then got to Chaeng Wattana to do the 60 day extension.

90 entry from multiple non o. Yes, Bangkok. No tm30 since last entry. Had retirement visa obtained through agent prior to current non imm O visa. The agent reported me at an upcountry address. I haven't done tm30 showing my Bangkok address since. Have all paperwork to do so if required. Don't know if IO will bring this up on doing the 60 day extension application or not hence my confusion as to whether to do the tm30 first or take a chance and go straight to do the 60 day extension. Mind you I only have 1 blank page in my passport so I assume no room for a rejection stamp and then an extension stamp if i do the tm30 after a rejection then apply again after having done the tm30. I do not know (and I think nobody knows) if the IO will bring up the tm30 issue on applying for the extension and, if the fact that I haven't done a tm30 lead to a rejection of the 60 day extension.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Mind you I only have 1 blank page in my passport so I assume no room for a rejection stamp and then an extension stamp if i do the tm30 after a rejection then apply again after having done the tm30. I do not know (and I think nobody knows) if the IO will bring up the tm30 issue on applying for the extension and, if the fact that I haven't done a tm30 lead to a rejection of the 60 day extension.

I do not think this issue, at least, is going to arise. If they are not going to give you an extension before a TM30 is done, they will simply tell you so. There will be no new stamps in your passport.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a 90 entry from a multiple entry non-o visa or a extension of stay based on marriage issued by immigration?

If you do need one done you would do it at the temporary office then go to Chaeng Wattana to do the 60 day extension.

hello, for people who have never done a TM30 but need an extension, is it possible to do it online if we are owner of the condo ?

thank you ❤️

51 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

Don't know if IO will bring this up on doing the 60 day extension application or not hence my confusion as to whether to do the tm30 first or take a chance and go straight to do the 60 day extension. Mind you I only have 1 blank page in my passport so I assume no room for a rejection stamp and then an extension stamp if i do the tm30 after a rejection then apply again after having done the tm30. I do not know (and I think nobody knows) if the IO will bring up the tm30 issue on applying for the extension and, if the fact that I haven't done a tm30 lead to a rejection of the 60 day extension.

As said no need to worry about the rejection stamp. Your application would not be accepted. A denial of the application only happens if you have already paid the 1900 baht fee. If they say no due to a lack of current TM30 report the will send you to the other office to get one.

The extension stamp will only uses about half a page. They could do it on partial page you have one somewhere in your passport.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As said no need to worry about the rejection stamp. Your application would not be accepted. A denial of the application only happens if you have already paid the 1900 baht fee. If they say no due to a lack of current TM30 report the will send you to the other office to get one.

The extension stamp will only uses about half a page. They could do it on partial page you have one somewhere in your passport.

I actually just got a 60 day extension on Monday and the stamp takes up a full page.

IMG_20200328_133846.jpg

Edited by drjden

26 minutes ago, drjden said:

I actually just got a 60 day extension on Monday and the stamp takes up a full page.

That is due to all the extra stamps they did. The actual extension stamp is about half a page.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is due to all the extra stamps they did. The actual extension stamp is about half a page.

This is what ive got. One full page with one stamp and another page to fit 2 stamps. Is it enough? Will I need these "extra stamps?"

IMG_25630328_144016.jpg

image.png.8418ee61b1ab2dc48c7092806b81578c.png

Edited by ubonjoe
sniped a image to remove personal info (name)

29 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

This is what ive got. One full page with one stamp and another page to fit 2 stamps. Is it enough? Will I need these "extra stamps?"

It depends upon the office you go to how many stamps they will do.

They could fit all of them on the page you showed.

They is a lot of wasted space on the page that was posted earlier. There is wasted space at the top of it. The two stamps at the bottom of it could of been done side by side.

I think you will need a new passport real soon. Perhaps apply as soon as you get the 60 day stamp.

• Like 1

I had a non immigrant O multiple entry based on marriage from Savanakhet. It expired on 16 January 2020. I entered on it on 11 January so my 90 day permission to stay runs out on 10 April. 

I had thought that permission could be extended by a further 60 days but have just read elsewhere that it cannot if the visa itself has expired. Is this right?

If it is what can I do now, trapped as I am in Thailand? I cannot go to Savanakhet for a new visa as I originally intended. I don't have a flight cancellation as my exit booking on 1 May back to my other home in France has not yet been cancelled. That airline is not operating any flights right now either, they say at the moment until 30th April

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the office you go to how many stamps they will do.

They could fit all of them on the page you showed.

They is a lot of wasted space on the page that was posted earlier. There is wasted space at the top of it. The two stamps at the bottom of it could of been done side by side.

Thanks Joe. I hope at CW they are able to fit everything in.

7 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I had thought that permission could be extended by a further 60 days but have just read elsewhere that it cannot if the visa itself has expired. Is this right?

Certainly false info.

You are extending the permit to stay you got from your visa not the visa. Once in the country your visas expiration date means nothing.

No problem to get the 60 day extension.

9 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I don't have a flight cancellation as my exit booking on 1 May back to my other home in France has not yet been cancelled.

That is not needed to get another extension or to get a letter from a embassy.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Certainly false info.

You are extending the permit to stay you got from your visa not the visa. Once in the country your visas expiration date means nothing.

No problem to get the 60 day extension.

That is not needed to get another extension or to get a letter from a embassy.

Thanks on both points Ubonjoe! Reassuring! Going in to my local I O on Monday. Will post if any difficulty.. the source by the way of that misinformation was Thailand Life

I did this a couple of weeks ago and this is the paperwork needed:

- TM 7 Form

- STM 2 - You get these 2 at IO

- The regular passport copys

- Copy marrige certificate

- Copy ID card from wife

- Family photo

- Copy household (taibaan)         registration of wife

- Notification residence               (TM 30) Printed on paper

- Rental contract of your             house

- copy household (taibaan)        registration  of your current      adress

- Copy ID card of                       landlord/owner

- Copy household (taibaan)         registration of your                 landlord/owner's adress

Thats all, I was missing some of these papers and got refused to apply. I had to go back - they was very strict about the TM 30! Just make a user and register TM 30 in your landlords name/info/ID card online like I did - tell your landlord first offcourse and do it on behalf on him/she. If your the owner then you do it with your info - have your wife with you as most is in thai luanguage, its done in 10 minute... & good luck!

This was at Koh Samui IO btw

19 minutes ago, Drjay said:

- TM 7 Form

- Copy ID card from wife

- Family photo

- Copy household (taibaan)         registration of your                 landlord/owner's adress

Thats all, I was missing some of these papers and got refused to apply. I had to go back - they was very strict about the TM 30! Just make a user and register TM 30 in your landlords name/info/ID card online like I did - tell your landlord first offcourse and do it on behalf on him/she. If your the owner then you do it with your info - have your wife with you as most is in thai luanguage, its done in 10 minute... & good luck!

Hi, did you need to produce an updated Kor Ror 2 to show that you were still married?, the same form they ask for when applying for a years extension?

24 minutes ago, PST said:

Hi, did you need to produce an updated Kor Ror 2 to show that you were still married?, the same form they ask for when applying for a years extension?

Interesting about the tm30. I've had comments on thaivisa that the need for a tm30 may not be as strictly enforced at CW but who knows! Also the family photo. Wonder if this is needed st CW and if mobile phone photos are acceptable or not.

Edited by johnny1966

1 minute ago, johnny1966 said:

Interesting about the tm30. I've had comments on thaivisa that the need for a tm30 may not be as strictly enforced at CW but who knows!

Thanks, but my question was regarding Kor Ror 2

5 minutes ago, PST said:

Thanks, but my question was regarding Kor Ror 2

Apologies. My reply was intended for Drjay. I actually got a kor ror 2 last week at the local umphur. Very easy and fast. Better to be safe.

Edited by johnny1966
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Drjay said:

- TM 7 Form

- Copy ID card from wife

- Family photo

Interesting about the tm30. I've had comments on thaivisa that the need for a tm30 may not be as strictly enforced at CW but who knows! Also the family photo. Wonder if this is needed st CW and if mobile phone photos are acceptable or not.

A few questions to add to this topic,

I have never done a TM30 as I always do a border run every 90 days and haven't been in a immigration office in years. As the boarders are closed I will have no choice but to go to my local immigration office to get the 60 day extension to visit the wife at the end of April.

Does anybody know if Kalasin immigration asks for this TM30 form for extension as I never been there before?.

Is it to late to submit the form online as my 90 days is up on April 26?

Also if I go get the extension early in a week or so as don't want to leave it till last minute, will the 60 day extension begin on the day my permit of stay ends which is April 26?

Thanks,

You can do the TM 30 now - I had also never done a TM30 Before and I did it way to late - 10 days before my 90 day stamp expired without any problems. I did not have and was not asked about Kor Ror 2, family photo had to be printed on paper and signed by me & my wife. Your wife have to go with you - I guess thats proof enough that you still are married, but I can't confirm it... You can apply maximum 15 days before you last entry stamp expires btw and YES you will gett April 26. + 60 when you apply - early or not...

Here I found a photo of the list of requirements I got from Samui IO - hope this helps...

IMG_20200311_105003.jpg

Edited by Drjay
More information

38 minutes ago, Drjay said:

You can do the TM 30 now - I had also never done a TM30 Before and I did it way to late - 10 days before my 90 day stamp expired without any problems. I did not have and was not asked about Kor Ror 2, family photo had to be printed on paper and signed by me & my wife. Your wife have to go with you - I guess thats proof enough that you still are married, but I can't confirm it... You can apply maximum 15 days before you last entry stamp expires btw and YES you will gett April 26. + 60 when you apply - early or not...

Here I found a photo of the list of requirements I got from Samui IO - hope this helps...

IMG_20200311_105003.jpg

Thanks dr. I don't think the family photo is ever asked for at CW but maybe someone who has been recently can confirm?

Edited by johnny1966