Driving during covid

The problem is mixed messages coming out daily from province governors, and other unknown people. I think there are checkpoints at provinces and restrictions of travel to different provinces. This weekend you are meant to stay at home by request of that Commander.

We need clear communication

• Like 2

the message is STAY where you are. driving through 6 provinces is a no no. however, lots are doing it. just bear in mind your destination may get 'locked down'. if your happy to stay there for the next 6 months, off you go. enjoy.

and of course, good luck.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

There is a thai youtube blogger, 'no time to be sad', and at the moment he was holidaying on an island when they announced the shutdowns. His current daily videos are his travel across provinces trying to get back home to north issan, finding a hotel, roadblocks etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem is mixed messages coming out daily from province governors, and other unknown people. I think there are checkpoints at provinces and restrictions of travel to different provinces. This weekend you are meant to stay at home by request of that Commander.

Yes, and that's exactly what I'm trying to do: get home! I am a resident and was far away when the lockdown happened. I need to get back. Unless Prayuth pays my hotel fees.  ????????

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anybody travelling around, anywhere is just being totally irresponsible.

One man went to the boxing in lumpini, travelled to Khonkaen, took the virus with him.

Stay where you are.

So...I need to get home. Or will someone pay hotel bills for me until then? I am a resident of the place where I need to go. Not traveling for fun. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

they reality is Thais are not following the suggested shutdown.

if you are going home, go now. any day now this will not be a suggestion anymore.

have PP and ID maybe something to prove where you live.

back roads are slower but my experience with 36k kilometers riding my motorcycle police checkpoints disappear.  good luck.

Thanks. Will do. I have thai id. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

which we never get.....its the same with Immigration, what is ok in one office is NOT okay at others, one never knows what is right !!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Apparently they haven't got the message in my town !! I'm not there as I'm stuck in Singapore but my wife is.

She just came out of self isolation yesterday and tells me that 85% of people are carrying on as if nothing is happening !!

Restaurants open, with normal table service etc They do have a road block up though and checking peoples temps ????

This I think is a entire different situation. The ops was asking whether he can leave his province and travel through to another as noted there are currently police checks on the highways during the day asking where you are driving if outside the province you might just get a 14 day isolation.

But of course to get around this you drive during late at night I've never seen any check points and prior to the virus I've done majority of my long distant driving past midnight.  Of course not sure if you might get busted at the toll booth?

28 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

This I think is a entire different situation. The ops was asking whether he can leave his province and travel through to another as noted there are currently police checks on the highways during the day asking where you are driving if outside the province you might just get a 14 day isolation.

But of course to get around this you drive during late at night I've never seen any check points and prior to the virus I've done majority of my long distant driving past midnight.  Of course not sure if you might get busted at the toll booth?

The OP is ttying to get home to his province, not leave his province, which totally different then travelling around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimn said:

No if there is a curfew but at the moment there is not a curfew. You have a totally valid reason to travel back to your home. As others have said have passport and address ID to hand and you should be ok. Good luck.

jimn, there is not a nationwide curfew YET, some Provinces and Districts have imposed there own curfews.  You can travel home ( although it is against govt advice ) during the lockdown, but in those areas that have imposed a curfew you MUST stay inside, NO TRAVEL OF ANY KIND PERMITTED during the curfew hours. e.g. the district where I live has imposed a curfew between 8.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m. until the end of April, AND they ARE enforcing it, heavy fines being applied. One of my neighbours was fined 5000 baht last night for being outside his property 5 minutes after the curfew hours started. So don't risk it if you have to travel through areas with a curfew.

Edited by TigerandDog
correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

yeah every  moo  baan , condo  building, province is making up anything they want

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

jimn, there is not a nationwide curfew YET, some Provinces and Districts have imposed there own curfews.  You can travel home ( although it is against govt advice ) during the lockdown, but in those areas that have imposed a curfew you MUST stay inside, NO TRAVEL OF ANY KIND PERMITTED during the curfew hours. e.g. the district where I live has imposed a curfew between 8.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m. until the end of April, AND they ARE enforcing it, heavy fines being applied. One of my neighbours was fined 5000 baht last night for being outside his property 5 minutes after the curfew hours started. So don't risk it if you have to travel through areas with a curfew.

and has  he  paid it  because  round here they said they were  fining  for  burning the fields...........didnt stop  them

• Like 1

If you do not speak Thai you are going to have fun at the roadblocks. Do you have the phone number of you Puu Yai as he can help but will probably put you in 14 days isolation when you get back.

Our Puu Yai is not letting any non resident into the village.

• Like 1

After their initial mistakes & under estimating the hordes that scrambled for the buses on bar closures (they could not stop the foreign labour making a dash for the borders) they are now suggesting you stay where you are unless absolutely necessary.

Is your situation urgent or absolutely necessary ? I not, stay where you are

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Driving at Night in Thailand is More  Deadly

Edited by Ireland32

4 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

At lease carry all the documentation that you can showing your residence destination.  

.... and have insurance paper/card with you to show you are covered for 1 mio baht, not seen anyone else mentioned that but you could be required to show the papers at the road blocks

Have a safe trip 

• Confused 1