BANGKOK
rebelplatoon

Driving during covid

Maybe it's been asked. Just wanna know if I can drive between 19.00 and say 24.00 for a long trip back home through 6 provinces. Can hardly be expected to drive within the curfew schedule. Thx for replies. 

• Haha 1

The problem is mixed messages coming out daily from province governors, and other unknown people. I think there are checkpoints at provinces and restrictions of travel to different provinces. This weekend you are meant to stay at home by request of that Commander.

We need clear communication

• Like 2

the message is STAY where you are. driving through 6 provinces is a no no. however, lots are doing it. just bear in mind your destination may get 'locked down'. if your happy to stay there for the next 6 months, off you go. enjoy.

and of course, good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

There is a thai youtube blogger, 'no time to be sad', and at the moment he was holidaying on an island when they announced the shutdowns. His current daily videos are his travel across provinces trying to get back home to north issan, finding a hotel, roadblocks etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The problem is mixed messages coming out daily from province governors, and other unknown people. I think there are checkpoints at provinces and restrictions of travel to different provinces. This weekend you are meant to stay at home by request of that Commander.

We need clear communication

Yes, and that's exactly what I'm trying to do: get home! I am a resident and was far away when the lockdown happened. I need to get back. Unless Prayuth pays my hotel fees.  😏😅

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anybody travelling around, anywhere is just being totally irresponsible.

One man went to the boxing in lumpini, travelled to Khonkaen, took the virus with him.

Stay where you are.

So...I need to get home. Or will someone pay hotel bills for me until then? I am a resident of the place where I need to go. Not traveling for fun. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

they reality is Thais are not following the suggested shutdown.

if you are going home, go now. any day now this will not be a suggestion anymore.

have PP and ID maybe something to prove where you live.

back roads are slower but my experience with 36k kilometers riding my motorcycle police checkpoints disappear.  good luck.

Thanks. Will do. I have thai id. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1