Driving during covid

15 hours ago, jimn said:

The OP is ttying to get home to his province, not leave his province, which totally different then travelling around.

It really doesn't matter, this is exactly they stop major transportation, did you read the Mo Chit story where once they close things down in Bangkok, Thais jam the bus station to get back to their province which is why provinces are mandating those returning self contain themselves for 14 days in a specific location.

Example:  You go to Bangkok for a visit where there is majority of the cases, maybe you have it?  you drive back to your province making number of stops coffee, 7/11,  not a whole lot of difference than traveling around!

Maybe he's already on the road so can't answer, then again it has only been overnight.  

If possible, I would suggest wearing a hat, sunglasses, face mask and try to look as "non-farang" as possible.

A lot of people are blaming this as a farang problem and no telling who else is out there when travelling through 6 provinces.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Our factory in Bangkok is making face masks, however I am in a neighboring province. Tomorrow I'd like to visit them to collect some masks, check on things, drop of food and other items. I plan on wearing mask, goggles and taking every precaution. During the trip I definitely won't be stopping for coffee. I can speak Thai but will also carry a note explaining what I'm doing.

I realize it's not essential, however it's certainly useful with the current situation. Are they only stopping cars at the designated road blocks in Bkk?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:05 AM, rebelplatoon said:

Well, gonna leave soon. If I have time will let you know what happened. I must get home. The person taking care of my pets needs to get back too. So no choice really. If there was a choice I wouldn't have asked. All in all still no straight answer. I need to know if it is necessary if you're allowed to move during curfew. 

How many provinces has gone for a curfew? I have only read about Phuket. The state of emergency we are in now is not a curfew by default. There are recommendations, though. 

• Like 1

Please can anyone saying they know of provinces or districts with travel curfews/bans:

1. Name the province or district

2. Give as many details of the curfew restrictions as possible

3. Advise the source of the info. Official announcement, news report  (which paper, channel or webpage), word of mouth, gossip at the local bar, whatever! 

All this will help us know what’s going on and how much additional checking we need to do to verify the info
Thanks!!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, yumyai said:

Please can anyone saying they know of provinces or districts with travel curfews/bans:

1. Name the province or district

2. Give as many details of the curfew restrictions as possible

3. Advise the source of the info. Official announcement, news report  (which paper, channel or webpage), word of mouth, gossip at the local bar, whatever! 

All this will help us know what’s going on and how much additional checking we need to do to verify the info
Thanks!!!

1. Chiang Mai Province - Fang District

2. Curfew hours 8.00 p.m. - 5.00 a.m. from 26 Mar - 30 April

3. Announcement over the village p.a. system by arbitor office.

22 hours ago, Chazar said:

and has  he  paid it  because  round here they said they were  fining  for  burning the fields...........didnt stop  them

Yes he has. He was given 24 hours to pay at the police station or be arrested. He paid the next morning.

9 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

At least credit the OP (and us) with some intelligence. The guy is trying to get HOME asap where he has responsibilities. Do you really think he'll be making umpteen stops along the way? Ideally yes he should stay where he is, but in reality if he’s well prepared he can get home with minimal contact with other people. Home where he can then self isolate.

How can I give you some credit have you ever even driven in Thailand! I don't about you but one needs to make stops for food, bathroom breaks, gas or coffee which is what I do a lot. I came back a month ago after taking my family up north a 7 plus hour ride it was unexpected since the person watching our property took ill not because of the virus.

It was decided I would fly back which I did, now with thing closing up flight are cancelled plus family now says stay put since anyone entering province must be quarantine for 14 days in theory and when we return in theory again 14 days!

During the day there are also road checks the checks are on your plates which indicate the province you come from you want some credit then get you head out of the sand and think instead of being offended for nothing! The reality if you are white the chances being stopped is much greater I'm not in 15 years I've never been stopped once outside my province. You make a lot of self assumption he can make it up with minimal contact with other people you must be a mind reader or something!  Why don't you go along with him to show him!

You see anywhere in my post that indicated he can't make it work! 

9 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Maybe he's already on the road so can't answer, then again it has only been overnight.  

If possible, I would suggest wearing a hat, sunglasses, face mask and try to look as "non-farang" as possible.

A lot of people are blaming this as a farang problem and no telling who else is out there when travelling through 6 provinces.

Good luck!

yes stay under the radar

image.png.e6328d48ea7f70ca84518af2a82c0392.png

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, thailand49 said:

How can I give you some credit have you ever even driven in Thailand!

This is the only part of your post that warrants a response because the rest is gibberish.

Yes, for many years, very regularly, and sometimes long distance, so I know what I’m talking about.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/28/2020 at 6:45 AM, cornishcarlos said:

Apparently they haven't got the message in my town !! I'm not there as I'm stuck in Singapore but my wife is.

She just came out of self isolation yesterday and tells me that 85% of people are carrying on as if nothing is happening !!

Restaurants open, with normal table service etc They do have a road block up though and checking peoples temps ????

same around me.  

21 hours ago, Smithson said:

Our factory in Bangkok is making face masks, however I am in a neighboring province. Tomorrow I'd like to visit them to collect some masks, check on things, drop of food and other items. I plan on wearing mask, goggles and taking every precaution. During the trip I definitely won't be stopping for coffee. I can speak Thai but will also carry a note explaining what I'm doing.

I realize it's not essential, however it's certainly useful with the current situation. Are they only stopping cars at the designated road blocks in Bkk?

Over the top mate.  I swap between provinces regularly, as my local/nearest Tesco is in the neighbouring province and its not an issue.  You just get a temperature check, that's it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

This is the only part of your post that warrants a response because the rest is gibberish.

Yes, for many years, very regularly, and sometimes long distance, so I know what I’m talking about.

You want credit then stop talking and start thinking?  You seem to forget that you aren't the only one that have a opinion and that others also feel they know what they are talking about stop think and accept it instead of thinking your opinion and your opinion is " I know what I'm talking about " At your age? you might start to think about  you a 14 day reset before you respond I wouldn't put the Virus as your top priority!

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You want credit then stop talking and start thinking?  You seem to forget that you aren't the only one that have a opinion and that others also feel they know what they are talking about stop think and accept it instead of thinking your opinion and your opinion is " I know what I'm talking about " At your age? you might start to think about  you a 14 day reset before you respond I wouldn't put the Virus as your top priority!

Endless gibberish. Isn’t it time to move along? 

Edited by Fairynuff

On 3/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, steven100 said:

Advice is a no ....  most of Thailand is in lockdown & curfew for some areas.  There are police & army maned check point on major highways. 

You are only asking for trouble if you decide to travel around at this time.

Drove theough a checkpoint in patumthani/Nontaburi on the weekend. One policeman there under the tent having a snooze under his hat. I guess it was too hot for him lol Drove straight through. But I think coming from uncountry into BKK they may be more serious. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 9:41 AM, Fairynuff said:

You sure....?  ????

Had to drive from southern Prachuab Khirikhan province to Bangkok and back on Friday. (Urgent and unavoidable trip)

We were stopped at a health checkpoint on the Hua Hin by-pass just afternoon crossing into Petchaburi province. Took temperatures, gave us a piece of paper as confirmation and that was all. Saw 2 more checkpoints (one at the Rama 2 weight station) but we weren’t stopped. Everyone was wearing masks and there was hand sanitiser being used everywhere we stopped. 
On our return journey there was a very, very slow 5-10km tailback at a checkpoint north of Khao Yoi. 

Don’t assume traffic will be light and driving easy if you need to travel. Into Bangkok was about 75% of normal. (That was early afternoon). Out of Bangkok in early evening was about 50% of normal BUT the trucks are taking advantage of the quieter roads by using all available lanes - it was especially dangerous after dark