Historic $2.2 trillion coronavirus bill passes U.S. House, becomes law

rooster59

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Monday will be up, then we will have the ups and downs, over the next month or so, some bigger ups and some bigger down, by this time next year will be back to where we were 20 February, my left one tells me that.

It's made of crystal, either way, its a good time to buy, opportunities like this don't come often.

It took 4 years to claw back the losses in the 2008 financial crisis. 4 years to claw back the dotcom implosion. And both of those events took well over a year to bottom out. We are one month into this debacle, and we still have not seen the inevitable ripples across various markets. We are not even close to "a good time to buy".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timendres said:

It took 4 years to claw back the losses in the 2008 financial crisis. 4 years to claw back the dotcom implosion. And both of those events took well over a year to bottom out. We are one month into this debacle, and we still have not seen the inevitable ripples across various markets. We are not even close to "a good time to buy".

I'm up over £600 on a 20k share ISA flutter last week. But I see it as a bet rather than investment. For fun as it were. 

Portfolio 2Net contributions£20,000.00Investment Returns£616.71Total fees inc. VAT£0.00Current Value£20,616.71FUND VALUATIONS

Portfolio 2

Net contributions£20,000.00

Investment Returns£616.71

Total fees inc. VAT£0.00

Current Value£20,616.71

On 3/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, SAINT THOMAS said:

Revelation 6:6 6

Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

What?

13 hours ago, timendres said:

Different times, different conditions, different reasons.

As I predicted, but wasn't sure if I did mention I was talking about the market I invest in i.e. the ASX, it has had a nice run post lunch, just closing up 300 + points.

I don't think we will see big up and downs, as China recovered pretty quickly. We hit around a 37% drop from the highs due to the over reaction of the panic, and I believe if you bought around the troth, i.e. last week, some good gains can be made, e.g. I was tempted to sell a couple of stocks today, gains of 20%, but my plan is and remains the same, to sell in a year when I believe the stocks I purchased will be at least 60% up.

Any company that has less debt and is cashed up and isn't affected by the Coronavirus should do well, albeit when the panic button was pushed, a lot of people panicked that shouldn't have.

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Different times, different conditions, different reasons.

As I predicted, but wasn't sure if I did mention I was talking about the market I invest in i.e. the ASX, it has had a nice run post lunch, just closing up 300 + points.

I don't think we will see big up and downs, as China recovered pretty quickly. We hit around a 37% drop from the highs due to the over reaction of the panic, and I believe if you bought around the troth, i.e. last week, some good gains can be made, e.g. I was tempted to sell a couple of stocks today, gains of 20%, but my plan is and remains the same, to sell in a year when I believe the stocks I purchased will be at least 60% up.

Any company that has less debt and is cashed up and isn't affected by the Coronavirus should do well, albeit when the panic button was pushed, a lot of people panicked that shouldn't have.

How many more corporations would be in that happy cash rich condition if stock buybacks were illegal? Until 1982 they were illegal because they were considered a form of stock price manipulation. Which they clearly are.