Russian arrested in Phuket for overstay, working as illegal taxi driver

rooster59

Thailand needs to change it's xenophobic work laws. In Vientiane, Laos, a much poorer country than Thailand, there are countless Chinese taxi drivers transporting around Chinese nationals and as far as I know, they are allowed to work without being bothered by big brother breathing down their necks.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Thailand needs to change it's xenophobic work laws. In Vientiane, Laos, a much poorer country than Thailand, there are countless Chinese taxi drivers transporting around Chinese nationals and as far as I know, they are allowed to work without being bothered by big brother breathing down their necks.

"they are allowed to work without being bothered by big brother breathing down their necks."

.. and breathe Corvid-19 over everyone else. 

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

It stuns and astonishes me the Thailand has not locked down all internationals from entry during the C19 pandemic.

Hmmm, they have almost done that. It´s only persons that has to go back to work (with a workpermit), flight crews and persons with diplomatic passports that can enter.

On 3/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, drbeach said:

Do they have work permit?

This website , GoTripPhuket.com is only in Russian, it looks professional but completely open about they operate a taxi service in Phuket. 

Just shows how fearless but also stupid the Russians are, they really think they can get away with it. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

This website , GoTripPhuket.com is only in Russian, it looks professional but completely open about they operate a taxi service in Phuket. 

Just shows how fearless but also stupid the Russians are, they really think they can get away with it. 

probably tried to work on the premise that to a thai, all Russians (or falangs) look alike... 

hey! - all they need to do with him; is fill him and car with a pile of chinese piles, point him North - and don't come back