COVID-19 Hotline for foreigners in Thailand

COVID-19 Hotline for foreigners in Thailand

COVID-19-Hotline-for-foreigners-in-Thailand.jpg

The Office of International Cooperation, Department of Disease Control (DDC), Ministry of Public Health has opened a dedicated hotline for foreigners in Thailand to inquire about COVID-19 related matters at +66 (0) 96 847 8209 or +66 (0) 92 726 0474, from 08.00 – 20.00 Hrs. Thailand local time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow two land lines. Hope there is a panic many farang ringing, get used to congestion audio. I prefer the live interaction online with Airlines. You type in your issue and get instant responses you read. Last two times I have spoken with my visa agent Thai rep and BBL rep their pronunciation and slurring words into one sentence made no sense to me. resorted to emailing their bosses for an answer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Wow two land lines. Hope there is a panic many farang ringing, get used to congestion audio. I prefer the live interaction online with Airlines. You type in your issue and get instant responses you read. Last two times I have spoken with my visa agent Thai rep and BBL rep their pronunciation and slurring words into one sentence made no sense to me. resorted to emailing their bosses for an answer.

They're both mobile numbers.

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

Something is setup to help and you have to be sarcastic about.

Just be grateful that something is being done and think about how you might be able to contribute in a useful way.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Covid19Everywhere said:
2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

For foreigner only it sez at the bottom .. How's about for " Non Thai's " or " Overseas Citizens " .. have a bit of courtesy for a change .. 

What the heck is the problem with the word foreigner??

I don’t even have a problem with the word Farang, as it just describes what you see. You cannot know if someone from Germany, France, Netherlands or what else.

In my country we say „Asians“ too, because we don’t know if Japanese or Korean or Chinese when we see them. They never had any problems with that.

And when someone is from Nigeria for example and we don’t know, we say black or African.

I can’t believe how some people can see a problem in everything. Take care about the real problems instead!!

But that would mean that @Justgrazing would need to stop posting.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

Good idea and hope it is not inundated by idiots who do not read the news.

At least it is in place.

I think I was lucky to go to NZ b4 it got to bad, my Canadian friend cut his plans and went home.

Now both countries are in full lock down.

The most cases here and in VC, seem to be coming through Arab countries from people returning from holiday.

I wonder what will happen to expats in LOS if they do get sick and need hospital assistance.

I think NZ is providing assistance to Overseas Nationals and arranging special flights for their return.

Those that test positive are treated and isolated , some in Hotels.

If Boris, Prince Charles and Tom Hanks and wife contracted it, and now 8 Air NZ long haul attendants diagnosed , means it's airborne and may be traveling through the plane air-con.

The incubation period may be longer than 14 days and up to 28 days.

That why there is a Lag (pm NZ's words).

So people that came into NZ and LOS and other countries may have slipped through with no symptoms and after a month are coming up with C19, thats why the daily increase is happening, hence they are hoping to stop that with the lockdown.

None the less stay safe you guys and I certainly hope that the PM puts lockdowns in place and looks after overseas resident as we do for them.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

I think a primary question that will jam the lines is one continually asked on here.....my visa, how can i extend it if i am locked down, and why is immigration still making me stand in groups and not social distance as being asked.  I may be wrong, but I could care less as it will work itself out folks, Your stuck here, and if you can afford to fly out using whats available and pay the fees that it will cost, I would do it before that is not available anymore.  For us that live here, I can not think of a reason to call the number.  You always need a back-up plan, never rely on what is in your pocket, and never live from one day to the next like the Thais do, well a large portion that is.  Stay safe and I hope you all have some amount of food to cover a longer period if it comes about.

I suspect most queries will be visa-related.

If I had the symptoms, I would be hesitant about reporting unless I was seriously ill, because I could be hauled off to an expensive hospital stay against my will. Every cell phone in Thailand is traceable.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

If you don't read the news, then you will not know about this "hotline"

Inundation averted

49 minutes ago, tonray said:

"Press 1 for English"

"Press 2 to Buy Corona Virus $100K Insurance"

"Press 3 for Health Certificate"

"Press 4 for AIS Top Up"

"Press 5 for Central 50% midnight sale"

"Press 6 for advice on cleanliness"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

At least it is in place.

I think I was lucky to go to NZ b4 it got to bad, my Canadian friend cut his plans and went home.

Now both countries are in full lock down.

The most cases here and in VC, seem to be coming through Arab countries from people returning from holiday.

I wonder what will happen to expats in LOS if they do get sick and need hospital assistance.

I think NZ is providing assistance to Overseas Nationals and arranging special flights for their return.

Those that test positive are treated and isolated , some in Hotels.

If Boris, Prince Charles and Tom Hanks and wife contracted it, and now 8 Air NZ long haul attendants diagnosed , means it's airborne and may be traveling through the plane air-con.

The incubation period may be longer than 14 days and up to 28 days.

That why there is a Lag (pm NZ's words).

So people that came into NZ and LOS and other countries may have slipped through with no symptoms and after a month are coming up with C19, thats why the daily increase is happening, hence they are hoping to stop that with the lockdown.

None the less stay safe you guys and I certainly hope that the PM puts lockdowns in place and looks after overseas resident as we do for them.

Hi Keith, Thank you for your post. I am pleased you got home okay.

I didn't return home to NZ as I am retired here now.

Hope all goes well for and NZ.

23 hours ago, legend49 said:

Those are not land lines. 092 and 096 are AIS mobile phone codes.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:58 AM, Skallywag said:

If you don't read the news, then you will not know about this "hotline"

Inundation averted

I mean by idiots who make calls for information already available through media ( like should I wear a mask) as opposed to a COPD sufferer like me who may have specific questions on any provisions made for such sufferers.