Wake up guys!

Brunolem

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I don't know, take a look if you like... We got a month or so with not much else to do.. Let us know what you find ????????

I said I'm not sadistic. I'm not masochistic either.

17 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well speaking for myslef, I just got out of the pool and will be heading over to my fav smoke bar later, with a mask and sanitizer.

Speaking further for myslef, please dont even mention golf except to tell us all how you choked on a 2 inch putt.

Can we get a photo of you in the smoke bar dragging on a spliff with your mask on, please?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I have been around a bit before I met the right lady, but in fact the 'professional' ones, meaning I paid them, were not really any good at all. You have been exceptionally lucky. 

I like the "putt" line! Have to remember that one. 

I'll admit a few were not particularly memorable. However, there were some I still remember very fondly.

Perhaps I was lucky because I treated them with consideration, and not as a piece of meat. Several indicated they wanted to take the relationship to a different level, but I was not ready at the time. Too busy enjoying my liberty.

26 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well speaking for myslef, I just got out of the pool and will be heading over to my fav smoke bar later, with a mask and sanitizer.

You never showed me the smoke bar!

I guess we were too busy watching the backpackers bums.

Bloody COVID cost me 3-4 days of debauchery ......

As this thing has morphed into a 'conspiracy' thread, here's my take.

I  have been following (after 2008 or so) various contrarian finance/economic sites.

The common thread is that the western financial system is insolvent

Ditto for most govts ,banks and many companies.

The gigantic stock exchange bubbles gave a false idea about the state of our affairs

The most common senario thrown around is that at some point there will be a 'reset'

The lie cannot continue forever...something's got to give

Enter the virus

It exposed all the inherent faultlines in the system and popped all the bubbles at once.

If they don't reset the system now, they'll never will.

Btw, that 5G thing is bunk

How do you explain the infections in countries that have no 5G?

My 2c

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

I  have been following (after 2008 or so) various contrarian finance/economic sites.

The gigantic stock exchange bubbles gave a false idea about the state of our affairs

The most common senario thrown around is that at some point there will be a 'reset'

Enter the virus

It exposed all the inherent faultlines in the system and popped all the bubbles at once.

My 2c

Life would not be complete without at least one conspiracy theorist on a TV thread. When we get lucky, there are two in competition.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

Enter the virus

My 2c

The virus can function without 5g but the 5g will act like a turbo charger....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You never showed me the smoke bar!

I guess we were too busy watching the backpackers bums.

Bloody COVID cost me 3-4 days of debauchery ......

The smoke bar is the table where we were LOL ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Dunno, but I stopped thinking when people stopped paying me to think (nearly 20 years back).

So much better to think when WE want to, eh?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I love my home it's got a 60" tv, Xbox 360, fast internet, and a cupboard full of Rum.

And if I get bored I can always go upstairs to watch the neighbours ........... they're fighting again.

IMG_20200307_072430.jpg.11e47302020081c199af37aeb8cd0d89.jpg

Spliff and a Lawn Chair for that show!

• Like 1

You are misquoting and misinterpreting, as are others with throwaway quotes, your two 'great Americans' from the comfort of bygone times. They wouldn't be so nonchalant as to gloss over the current state of affairs today with such tat and would advise exactly the same.

Right, it's not an extinction event, but if nothing is done, you really think things will tick over just tickety-boo once the dust settles and docs, healthcare folk and economies are wrecked? Erosion of freedoms makes my blood curdle, but all this is to buy time. Not everything is a ****ing conspiracy to change-the-world for the few, blah blah. :saai::saai:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

Enter the virus

We probably read the same websites.

The question is: what kind of reset? and by extension: how painful?

Because it is going to be painful.

My guess is that they might first try to do it by means of hyperinflation.

First, they let the system crash and the debt be eaten by inflation.

Then, once the debt out of the picture, they implement their new currencies, most probably crypto currencies, with a set value and set exchange rates.

Those who have hard assets go through the transition without too much pain, the others, well...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, people who had the disease have been getting infected again 

There are concerns that the virus will mutate and come back stronger and get us all 

I did not know that.  Thanks.  That is a worry.  Honestly though, I doubt we can stop the virus if that is the case, perhaps trying to slow it down is a way for scientists to have time to develop a vaccine.  

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

We could have just gone on if, that is, idiotic governments had not put in place total lockdowns. It was of course those total lockdowns which wrecked our economies, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile, I don't know if you heard, but the latest estimate from the boffin who ensured social distancing is introduced all over the world, a Dr Neil Ferguson, is that in the UK 20,000 or less may die. The big scary Coronapocalypse will mean what 0.003 of the population of the UK will die, 98% of whom are over 81 and would have died of other causes anyway fairly soon?

Do you think it was reasonable to put the world economies into lockdown based on those, now rather less alarmist, figures?

It's not quite as simple as accepting COVID-19 affects the elderly in terms of mortality. There is also the problem of incapacitation.

My son in Australia knows two people in their mid-thirties with it, and they've described it as a combination of bronchitis and hepatitis. They're not dead, but they are leaning towards wishing they were.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's not quite as simple as accepting COVID-19 affects the elderly in terms of mortality. There is also the problem of incapacitation.

My son in Australia knows two people in their mid-thirties with it, and they've described it as a combination of bronchitis and hepatitis. They're not dead, but they are leaning towards wishing they were.

It is true, there are some exceptions, some younger people have died or otherwise affected.

However, these are isolated exceptions when put next to the general rule that it is disproportionately those older than 80 that have died.

"The national health institute said the average age of those who have died was 81, with the majority suffering from underlying health problems."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51777049

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

In Thailand it would be interesting to compare 'RTA deaths at Songkran' to 'deaths from COVID during Songkran'.

I'm thinking COVID will save many Thai lives.

You may be right. No idiots throwing water with chunks of ice in it over scooter riders. Or water out of a klong harboring just a few bacteria and viruses.

• Like 2