BANGKOK
rooster59

Digital economy minister tells public: Stop fake news! Not sure - Don't share!

I agree with you Sir, but it is getting increasingly difficult to sort the wood from the chaff.

Would he understand that ? not sure

8 hours ago, lujanit said:

Unfortunately Thais are seriously addicted to Line ana Fakebook.  They share everything that comes their way.

Some of the things the wife tells me are so ridiculous how can they believe them. Silly me they were posted by a Thai. Yet she's appalled by the lack of social distancing. 

1 hour ago, 30la said:

Every colleague of yours (Thai minister) gives false news daily ... why don't you tell them too? ...

I think the using word fake is actually praising them and being disrespectful to genuine idiots. What have real idiots done to be compared with them ?

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

I agree with you Sir, but it is getting increasingly difficult to sort the wood from the chaff.

Would he understand that ? not sure

Difficult when both are being burned right now.

Public urge fake government to do the same🤔

• Like 1

The Thai Government tells the Thai people not to tell porkies...

Irony much?

Once again I say to the PM show some leadership and silence these blathering fools. 

Posted (edited)

Does this apply to sharing real news too if it’s something bad?

Edited by cyril sneer

15 hours ago, 30la said:

Every colleague of yours (Thai minister) gives false news daily ... why don't you tell them too? ...

it is not necessary since the next day most contradict what they said the day before😃

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 9:15 AM, smedly said:

it's called discussion and people tend to do that ......................... have discussions and talk about things online

It is not fake news unless you claim something happened that didn't or claim something to be a fact when it isn't

Having an opinion about something is entirely different 

The only thing I would believe on facebook is the date. I would probably check that as well.

Edited by overherebc

On 3/28/2020 at 9:54 AM, aussienam said:

I agree on this one. 

There are idiots online of all nationalities spreading all sorts of stupid rumours, conspiracy theories, false outbreak reports, misinformation etc that could potentially go 'viral' (pardon the pun) and generate mass panic.  

Yes, governments are not perfect and will make poor decisions, but the end game is to nip the 'Wuhan' virus in the bud. 

Australia where I am stranded is the same with poor decisions made such as allowing infected ship load of people on shore causing mass infections.  And airport border control not temperature testing anyone arriving (albeit not perfect method), etc etc.  

Every day I delete quite a few e mails that people send me with links to some unknown expert who has proof it's all a big conspiracy blah blah. I think I read maybe 3 or 4 of them at the start and the one thing that stood out was the 'Send £1, $2 to continue receiving these important reports'

As I say I don't even read them now. I just bin them.

Will be very quiet in the TVF news section if we're not allowed to share any dodgy news.

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile in Bangphli, local authorities are posting messages in local LINE groups telling Thai people they're killing Covid by spraying the sunny moobahn outside...

ROFL

IMG_1134.JPG

Edited by ben2talk